List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I trust Glenn McFarlane as a journo. He has been in footy a long, long time and if he says it is happening tomorrow, the lock it in!!!

My brother Olaf is a mad Demons fan with a mate in the Demon's coterie. The suggestion from those in the know at Melbourne is that Petracca will get to Collingwood at the end of 2025 season...

The thought of Perryman, Houston and, perhaps, one other at Magpieland in 2025 makes me very keen for next year... we are being aggressive and thoughtful in the trade window.

I would suggest Tomlinson will be added before 2025 as well

Floreat Pica.

Yeah it's possible.

But I truly believe Pies will have to give up De Goey.

Fans here don't like it. But to get a gun, you need to give up a gun or a lot of picks.

If Melbourne rebuilds, I think De Goey goes to St Kilda for picks. Those picks then go to Melbourne for Petraca.
If Melbourne wants to reload, gun for gun trade.

McCrae wants players who are clean cut and low risk of outside influence. Petraca is as as clean cut star as you can imagine up there with Pendlebury.
De Goey, although has changed, still has off field interests that can rise up any moment.

It comes down to needs.

Pies need to holster up their Midfield with classy decision makers next to Nick Daicos.

DeGoey is a bull but he's not a clean disposal type player in the middle. But Melbourne or St Kilda need a goal kicking part time midfield bull with De Goey.

Yeah it's possible.

But I truly believe Pies will have to give up De Goey.

Fans here don't like it. But to get a gun, you need to give up a gun or a lot of picks.
Nooooooooooo! I’m in Jordan ATM, and even the locals over here are shaking their heads when they read this heresy. 😀

Without De Goey we wouldn’t have won last years flag. Big occasion player who can/does turn games on their head in 10 minutes of inspired brilliance. Not too many of them in the AFL.

Can seriously move. Is he ok in the air?
Without getting ahead of ourselves, there’s been talk his kicking is off and I even saw somewhere he double grabs his marks.
If this deal comes off, I’m sure TD, (or others) will sufficient footage to allay those fears.
For trade purposes he’s a plodder, if we get him I’d be happy.
PS: Doesn’t seem to use his left foot for anything other than balance, (James Hird did too 😉)

Yes it is a bit lol

I have heard the name but never seen them (twins I think) play or any highlights.

Are they key position ?
Yes, both 200 KPP. The Whitlocks mainly get hype around here because of Jen talking them up tbh, but there are a few other very good KPP prospects around that mark too. I don’t really care which one we get if we retain 23, I’m just not sold on Lord. People keep banging on about the one good game he’s had while ignoring that he’s comfortably the worst set shot in the league.

Yes, both 200 KPP. The Whitlocks mainly get hype around here because of Jen talking them up tbh, but there are a few other very good KPP prospects around that mark too. I don’t really care which one we get if we retain 23, I’m just not sold on Lord. People keep banging on about the one good game he’s had while ignoring that he’s comfortably the worst set shot in the league.

Worst set shot in the league is a pretty big claim. I have not seen enough to agree or disagree.

Fly is the perfect coach to improve that.

13 + 29 for future 1st and Noble is a fair trade
- just get it done

Then can turn attention to Houston + steak knives future pick (mcguane points) for pies picks 13 + 29

I don’t think lord will be on the table

The ducks are all lined up… and there is a lot at stake… not a time to be stubborn around whether it’s pick 23 or 29

Trade with GC should rightfully be done asap

All this talk about chips in…blah blah blah

Have a look at our record as a club. We make a grand final every 4 odd years.

Early 90’s to early 00’s was really the only time we were far away.

This club finds ways to build competitive lists quickly.

Get Houston. Get that bloke from the Saints who looked handy before injuries, get Tomlinson.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s with this talk that we’re in the hunt for Ollie Lord from Port?

I rate him but how can we possibly get Lord when we’re already so stretched just trying to complete the Houston deal?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What’s with this talk that we’re in the hunt for Ollie Lord from Port?

I BVrate him but how can we possibly get Lord when we’re already so stretched just trying to complete the Houston deal?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Maybe it's why we're looking to turn two first rounders into 3 back end first rounders....

what makes you think that if we miss out on Houston we still get pick 13 from GC. GC are prepared to trade us 13 if it helps us land Houston because it opens up cap space for port for them to unload luko, but if we’re out of the running they may very well shop pick 13 for the best deal. If we miss out on Houston things are very much in the air and I wouldn’t be banking on a pick bonanza.
That fact that they still want noble gives us a chance to get pick 13.

Honestly that's pretty fair.

Why should we care get the deal done.
If all we’ve done is bring the concept to everyone’s attention I’m fine with that.
It shows Port are not necessarily getting ripped and the AFL can justifiably sign off on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back