List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it's possible.

But I truly believe Pies will have to give up De Goey.

Fans here don't like it. But to get a gun, you need to give up a gun or a lot of picks.

If Melbourne rebuilds, I think De Goey goes to St Kilda for picks. Those picks then go to Melbourne for Petraca.
If Melbourne wants to reload, gun for gun trade.

McCrae wants players who are clean cut and low risk of outside influence. Petraca is as as clean cut star as you can imagine up there with Pendlebury.
De Goey, although has changed, still has off field interests that can rise up any moment.

It comes down to needs.

Pies need to holster up their Midfield with classy decision makers next to Nick Daicos.

DeGoey is a bull but he's not a clean disposal type player in the middle. But Melbourne or St Kilda need a goal kicking part time midfield bull with De Goey.

I don’t reckon McRae has an issue with DeGoey, which is where your entire post falls down and was a waste of everyone’s time and effort.

To be fair Kane also put a fair bit of doubt on the accuracy of the Jon Ralph tweet that speculated this claim

I agreed with Kane in why would we care what the Power did with the Picks we give them for Houston? If we're doing that, then we maybe we're looking to add something else in this trade...

We want 13 and 23 from the Suns. The plan is F1 will go to the Suns along with Noble....

I’m still confused, Dead Eye.

Isn’t that still just swapping one first rounder (F1) for another (13)? We’ll never hold two first rounders concurrently, so how can we turn that hand into three late first rounders as you suggested?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Because if Port split 13 into 19 and 22 they ultimately get the two first round picks they want for Houston. Collingwood is trying to minimise its draft cost.

What power do with their picks cannot be controlled 🤷‍♂️

And they’ll still be shite in 2025 with an average forward line, and an average backline now minus its best player in Houston

The pies just need to focus on their own goals

No matter which way it goes, all team fans will feel short changed.

If somehow GC give Collingwood 13 + 23 then they will feel that is overs for a F! and Noble (even if later picks are included).

If 13 + 23 + Richards went to Port for Houston, both Collingwood & Port fans will feel hard done by, Collingwood fans saying its too much, Port (and Carlton) fans saying it's not enough.

You can't please everyone.

If 23 is the stumbling block as being reported, I think Collingwood will eventually come to the party and part with it.

I personally think 13, 23 and Richards comes close to correct for Houston silghtly favouring Port.

Would be nice if they threw us a 3rd rounder for Richards separate to the Houston deal.

''Collingwood are going chips in"
"reckless list management"
"edge of the cliff"

IN: Dan Houston (27 years old), Harry Perryman (25 years old), Thomas McGuane (Father Son Selection - R1)
OUT: John Noble (27 years old), Joe Richards (25 years old *next month), 2025 Future 1st

It is a fun media narrative for the neutrals/anti-Collingwood fans, but the reality is with the potential Houston trade, we are keeping the exact same age profile and significantly upgrading on the two outgoing players. This doesn't even include the prospect of 23 coming back to us as part of this deal or Ollie Lord be included in the deal too.

The trades are good medium term options.

But Houston is 28 for most of 2025 AFL season and Perrymen is 26 this DEC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the GC have a plan for pick 13 and want it back.
They want to trade it to the Pies as long as it is part of the Houston deal to Port.
They then have an agreement with Power to send 13 back to GC for Lukosious as long as they don't to pay part of his contract.
Living on the GC I do get to watch a lot of Suns game and JL is the best disposal by foot by a mile at the Suns - but wants to go back home to SA.

I think the GC have a plan for pick 13 and want it back.
They want to trade it to the Pies as long as it is part of the Houston deal to Port.
They then have an agreement with Power to send 13 back to GC for Lukosious as long as they don't to pay part of his contract.
Living on the GC I do get to watch a lot of Suns game and JL is the best disposal by foot by a mile at the Suns - but wants to go back home to SA.
They don’t want 13 back, they want a future pick because they’ve got academy prospects coming through next year including one who’s in the frame to go number 1.

I personally think 13, 23 and Richards comes close to correct for Houston silghtly favouring Port.

Would be nice if they threw us a 3rd rounder for Richards separate to the Houston deal.
What's your view on 19,22 + Richards Loki?

Because i think ultimately, if the reporting is remotely accurate, that is what we're trying to do.

Reading between the lines, my guess is that the initial reporting has been butchered.

Collingwood is saying to Port Adelaide that if we trade with Gold Coast for 13 and 23, we do not want to trade both 13 AND 23 to Port Adelaide. We want to trade 13 and Richards to Port Adelaide, because then if they like Port Adelaide can trade 13 to Sydney for picks 19 and 21 (or whatever). in doing so Port Adelaide gets two first rounders along with Richards which Collingwood feel is adequate compensation for Houston.

I have no inside information but this at least makes some semblance of sense. It’s about retaining 23, not withholding 13.

Honestly that's pretty fair.

Why should we care get the deal done.

Because Gold Coast are busting balls on 13 and 23.

If Port are just going to turn 13 into 19 and 22, we might as well trade Noble for 20 and 23 and give them to Port and keep our future first for next year

If we're going to give up a future first, it's because we need 13 for Houston because we assume Port wants 13 to use as 13

If they don't want to use 13, then why should we give up a future first?

Honestly that's pretty fair.

Why should we care get the deal done.
The thing is I don't think Collingwood do care. This is all been driven by the media and a fictional tweet that has nothing in it that actually says this is Collingwood have said this. Honestly why would we give 2 shits what Port does with pick 13. However, the media need something to keep AFL going over this 2-week snooze fest and we are the number 1 click bait.

0 chance they let him go. After dixon retiring, and marshall in concussion limbo
He’s the 4th banana next year behind the Sav, Georgiadies and Lukocious. Entering a contract year, his fifth in the system, this could be their last chance to get value out of him if they aren’t 100% that he makes it.

What's your view on 19,22 + Richards Loki?

Because i think ultimately, if the reporting is remotely accurate, that is what we're trying to do.

Be about right.
I don't think either deal is far off the mark, this one probably has Port a slightly less impressed though but as pies man I'm fine with that.

So Sydney getting involved?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back