Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else think its hilarious that leppa is now saying they wont mortgage there future for Houston and they want to have a first round pick in this years draft.

After stating they are all out for Houston and they want him earlier in the week.

Us taking GW really messed with them
“We are confident,” Leppitsch said on AFL Trade Radio (7/10/24)

Aged like milk!!!

Would it be correct to assume we don’t have to worry about going into deficit on next years draft for the Campo twins as we don’t own a 1sr round pick, or is our earliest pick next year affected regardless of who it originally belonged to?

Would it be correct to assume we don’t have to worry about going into deficit on next years draft for the Campo twins as we don’t own a 1sr round pick, or is our earliest pick next year affected regardless of who it originally belonged to?

If you're short on points, the deficit comes off your future pick in the same round the bid comes. So if Ben gets a bid in the second round and we're short points, our future second will shuffle back a few spots. No big deal.

I'd have asked for Hawks 71 or 77 back for bid insurance. But Austin must have a plan and is confident in the current draft hand.

Look, it wouldn't have hurt, and I doubt Hawthorn would have been fussed. But you also need to consider that we only take as many picks into the draft as we have open list spots.

12 + 14 + 69 + 72 + 73....

I think we've already suggested we're looking at 4 "picks" in the ND, so I could see us trying to combine a couple of those late picks in amongst other deals (ie. the kinds of swaps the don't have any material difference for the other club, but help us a little - throw 72 and 73 in, get 65 back).

If we want to bring in another pick, we'd need to cut another player, which isn't really a viable option just for the sake of another 50 draft index points or something trivial like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can secure a F2 for Kennedy or Owies (massive stretch), can we go Pick 12/14 + F2 for Houston?

That must be tempting for PA if Collingwood are only offering (allegedly) 13 and Richards....

Look, it wouldn't have hurt, and I doubt Hawthorn would have been fussed. But you also need to consider that we only take as many picks into the draft as we have open list spots.

I think we've already suggested we're looking at 4 "picks" in the ND, so I could see us trying to combine a couple of those late picks in amongst other deals (ie the kinds of swaps the don't have any material difference for the other club, but help us a little).

If we want to bring in another pick, we'd need to cut another player, which isn't really a viable option just for the sake of another 50 draft index points or something trivial like that.
Fair point.

I think we've already suggested we're looking at 4 "picks" in the ND, so I could see us trying to combine a couple of those late picks in amongst other deals (ie. the kinds of swaps the don't have any material difference for the other club, but help us a little - throw 72 and 73 in, get 65 back).

Although list spots count up to 38, not our 36.
So assuming we cut/trade Owies & Bot, after we cut Sam Durdin we'd have 5 vacancies, and then Matt Carroll would make 6.

I get confused as well about this stuff. I assume that if we run out of points this year, we go into deficit in 2025 - and the fact we no longer have a future 1st means the points attached to our 2nd and possibly 3rd round picks get eaten away.

On a side note, I guess it means we also need to nail 1 or 2 rookies to promote in 2025 if our first pick doesn't come in until somewhere in the 50's. You could see Cooper Lord as potentially being one of those.

Although, having said all that crap, I still wouldn't be surprised if we trade in an extra pick this year. Possibly Carroll to WCE for a late pick.

I get confused as well about this stuff. I assume that if we run out of points this year, we go into deficit in 2025 - and the fact we no longer have a future 1st means the points attached to our 2nd and possibly 3rd round picks get eaten away.

On a side note, I guess it means we also need to nail 1 or 2 rookies to promote in 2025 if our first pick doesn't come in until somewhere in the 50's. You could see Cooper Lord as potentially being one of those.

The deficit hits in the round the bid is placed.

Cincotta and O'Keefe would have to be elevated going into 2026.

Anyone else excited about having two picks in the first round.

Takes me back to the heady days of Shaun Grigg and Shaun Hampson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back