List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

Points don't mean shit unless you need points. No clubs in this scenario do. It's about what players will likely be available at those picks.
Ok. General question though: does the fact that the points system is changing next year make our future picks more valuable than they would have been, at least to clubs eyeing father/son or academy players next year?

Points don't mean shit unless you need points. No clubs in this scenario do. It's about what players will likely be available at those picks.
Correct, points don't mean shit. But it works out better if they do. Or as you said, what players a club is after. If the draft runs deep as everyone is saying, and the top 10 is a similar level. Then a trade with St.Kilda: 2 for 7+8 may be comparable 8 for 3+4. All perception.

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

I wasn't saying what we would prefer, I was talking about Melbourne's tactics and the rumour that they were after pick 2. This looks unlikely at the moment, as they wouldn't need to go after pick 13 first to get it.

Rawlings has already said that we would be happy to drop down two or three spots if we could get a future first. Knowing this, Melbourne could just make that trade directly and save themselves the extra pick 28 required to go via pick 13.
Did Rawlings saw F1, or get something else in this draft? That's what i thought he said.....can't remember exactly though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair call but Atley is 32 now and was never a needle mover.

Getting rid of senior players probably didn't do much for morale, but guys who were 28 or so, like Atley, Macmillan, even Polec and Pittard attracted no interest from other clubs (sorry to bring up Polec). And Dumont, Tarrant and earlier Bastinac did nothing at their new clubs.

Only Mason Wood and Ben Brown succeeded at other clubs. And Brown missed a lot of footy. Higgins was given opportunities at Geelong but couldn't cement a spot. Well done to Ryan Clarke for playing in a GF but he's gone too.

Essentially we had a big group of senior players who weren't good enough - there was going to be pain whichever way we went.

I'd question BBB, think some bias there. Cost what nearly 4m for 4 yrs and played around 45 games and kicked around 60 odd goals over the 4 yrs.... did that 3 times per yr for us!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd question BBB, think some bias there. Cost what nearly 4m for 4 yrs and played around 45 games and kicked around 60 odd goals over the 4 yrs.... did that 3 times per yr for us!

He won a flag so he was somewhat successful but yeah he certainly didn’t produce at melb what he did with us.

1.9m over 4 years, but it's clear to all BB was cooked

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The $4M over 4 years was what we'd offered and he rejected. He ended up getting less than half that from Melbourne. It was a George Costanza negotiation.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back