List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

He wanted 2 years. We didn’t want to give 2 years and rightfully so. He couldn’t get on the park for us and he couldn’t at Collingwood either. It was a smart decision to let him go. We got a second round pick in return from memory as well.

Loyalty goes both ways. He was in his 30’s and was continually injured. He should have accepted a 1 year deal, but wanted security instead.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The moment we "let" Wells go, we should have gone crawling back to Boomer and offered him a new contract.

North give: Pick 2
North get: Pick 12, Pick 14, Jesse Motlop
That trade would look better without Jesse Motlop in it.

12 and 14 are both great picks in this draft, but we should want more than them for pick 2. Unfortunately Carlton have no other picks they can trade and I doubt they give us a player we'd want to make up the difference.

The moment we "let" Wells go, we should have gone crawling back to Boomer and offered him a new contract.

Nah….. We should have started our rebuild instead of procrastinating for a few years which made our inevitable rebuild twice as long.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That trade would look better without Jesse Motlop in it.

12 and 14 are both great picks in this draft, but we should want more than them for pick 2. Unfortunately Carlton have no other picks they can trade and I doubt they give us a player we'd want to make up the difference.
I’d do 2 for 12,14 and Kennedy

I think that if you focus on what he is trying to say then he has great analysis and is usually fair and passionate. But jeez he can be an effort to actually make his point sometimes.
I don’t mind Dermie, but gee the bloke loves the sound of his own voice.

Now we aren't even being mentioned as a distant fourth option. Genuinely for the sake of both Rawlings and the club's dignity, pull our offer and move on. He's a great player and would be a wonderful get but is clearly not interested in playing for the club. Move on

No more "we're hoping to be involved". It's kind of sad

Yeah, pick 2 and a future 2nd should automatically see us out of the picture. Port is just sabotaging every possible trade because they didn't want to lose him. There is no point trying to trade with someone who isn't genuinely trying to trade someone. Houston signed the contract, Port don't have to trade him and they don't want to trade him, they are only going to let him go for something bonkers and we would be bonkers to pay it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one bit of list management buffoonery that doesn't get as much coverage was delisting Harvey, Petrie, Firrito, and Dal Santo without having Daniel Wells' signature on a new contract. Wellsy didn't get on the park as often as Collingwood would have liked but still, it remains a lesson in mismanagement. If you're going to cut deep into your leadership, make sure that the ones you want to keep are locked in.
In his last three years at Collingwood he played 15 games, 10 then 4 then one game in his last season and supposedly he got paid nearly twice as much per year as we were offering.

Weird when media is in our corner.
Could have played 500. No one will convince me otherwise.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
2016: One of these was an AA small forward and the other was a delisted champion, apparently not worth keeping ahead of our 44th best player.

Screenshot_20241012-225906_Samsung Internet.jpg

This will forever do my head in and be especially infuriating when someone eventually scrapes past Boomer's record, which he could easily have added at least another 40 more games to.

Clearly on my own here, but I love dermi. One of the few who breaks the game down properly and doesn’t play favourites with clubs.
He's all right. He's better than 90% of commentators and respects the players and the game.

Tho SMaturin was right on the money with that piss take.

Not having Drew and Wells finish at North was unforgivable. Retiring Harvey was unforgivable and stupid.

Harvey could have played on, the problem was we had the oldest list in the AFL and Scott refused to play the kids if they weren't better than 200+ veterans, he literally told the club if you sign Boomer I am going to play him.

Everything was a symptom of holding on to Scott for too long who was coaching for his career, not the best thing for the club.

Wells was cooked, I said at the time I had more confidence in Boomer playing out the contract we offered him than Wells and he was underwhelming for Collingwood.

We had too much of a boys club mentality and we didn't have any senior players who were drivers of success, our captain had to pretty much apologise every third or fourth week for us not even putting up a fight. We were never coached to have the killer instinct, we never had it as a team back then and none of the veterans we developed imo would have done a better job getting more out of the younger players than what they themselves delivered.

Wherever you are currently is usually a process that has gone over 5 to 10 years. Some problems can't easily be fixed.

Harvey could have played on, the problem was we had the oldest list in the AFL and Scott refused to play the kids if they weren't better than 200+ veterans, he literally told the club if you sign Boomer I am going to play him.

Everything was a symptom of holding on to Scott for too long who was coaching for his career, not the best thing for the club.

Wells was cooked, I said at the time I had more confidence in Boomer playing out the contract we offered him than Wells and he was underwhelming for Collingwood.

We had too much of a boys club mentality and we didn't have any senior players who were drivers of success, our captain had to pretty much apologise every third or fourth week for us not even putting up a fight. We were never coached to have the killer instinct, we never had it as a team back then and none of the veterans we developed imo would have done a better job getting more out of the younger players than what they themselves delivered.

Wherever you are currently is usually a process that has gone over 5 to 10 years. Some problems can't easily be fixed.
What's really weird about that is from round 10 2015 we won 11 of 16 games and won the next/first nine games in 2016.

That's 20 of 25 games including the last nine. Do that in one season and you win the flag and win 18 games in the H&A and its considered a great season by any measure.

LOL.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back