Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

tbf, he wasn't exactly lighting it up at VFL level.

Comes across as the type of player that steps up on the big stage.
I watched nearly all his VFL games. His last few weeks were terrific. You could tell he’d shrugged off his injury issues from before pre-season and had confidence in his running patterns. Look at his game against Geelong.

If Port are willing to accept an offer from the Pies that we can get close enough to, they will green light Houston’s move to Carlton out of respect for his service to the club given that we are his preferred destination.
Hopefully but Port do want Richard’s who also wants to get to Port!!

Yeah the age wasn’t where I heard it. I’ve have had multiple people today stating we are in it still and are confident.

I’m all for the draft but I’ll concede, Houston would help a lot

Plenty to play out.
Ah. Come on in! We've room for a few more.
Would you like a fermented carrot juice?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we haven't put a contract in front of Houston as of Friday.

Austin said he wants 2 picks in the top end of the draft and was non-committal on Houston at the start of the trade period.

Yet we are still in the race?

I hope and highly doubt we recruit Houston.

I never saw that same movement from Setterfield.
Was extremely highly touted and gifted as a glider and able to 'find space where others couldnt' and 'navigate traffic'. Was often likened to Pendlebury with his movement glide and ability to make movement through traffic look unrushed.

Doesn't matter if we didn't see it at Carlton. At the same stage as the context of the comment (draft time) that's who he was and why he went top 5/10 wherever it was.

He then absolutely looked the part early in the nearly/VFL for gws often having 30+ and screaming smooth 200+ game mid.

What happened next is a bit of a mystery. But a lot of promising players mysteriously weren't promising anymore at Carlton. Smooth was his thing.

'There's a bit of Marcus Bontempelli in Setterfield's ability to use his size to advantage around the ground. He's got a similar smooth approach and doesn't get flustered.'
'He is a classy ball-user, and does things with a minimum of fuss. When up and going he always has time to think through things and make the right decisions.
The only real knock on Setterfield has been his body and his run of injuries over the past two seasons.'

Was extremely highly touted and gifted as a glider and able to 'find space where others couldnt' and 'navigate traffic'. Was often likened to Pendlebury with his movement glide and ability to make movement through traffic look unrushed.

Doesn't matter if we didn't see it at Carlton. At the same stage as the context of the comment (draft time) that's who he was and why he went top 5/10 wherever it was.

He then absolutely looked the part early in the nearly/VFL for gws often having 30+ and screaming smooth 200+ game mid.

What happened next is a bit of a mystery. But a lot of promising players mysteriously weren't promising anymore at Carlton. Smooth was his thing.

'There's a bit of Marcus Bontempelli in Setterfield's ability to use his size to advantage around the ground. He's got a similar smooth approach and doesn't get flustered.'
'He is a classy ball-user, and does things with a minimum of fuss. When up and going he always has time to think through things and make the right decisions.
The only real knock on Setterfield has been his body and his run of injuries over the past two seasons.'

O'Sullivan isn't so much about gliding through traffic. He more tests the gaps, moving right up to a defender, then able to pivot and evade at pace if the gap closes, and find another option quickly. His reflexes seem very good and his football smarts highly developed.

If Port are willing to accept an offer from the Pies that we can get close enough to, they will green light Houston’s move to Carlton out of respect for his service to the club given that we are his preferred destination.
There is a tinge of irony in this coming from bradfisher14.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back