Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. We are in a much better position than we were a week ago and possibly more to come

Just enjoy the ride as even if we go to draft with current hand I’m very happy
Must admit the last move was a beauty and got my head back in the positives.
The other good thing is that the Race for Houston is against Collingwood 😆

All it says is we haven't ruled it out if Pies move falls over...

I added that paragraph into my post.

The Blues, who want to make at least one first-round selection in this year’s high-quality draft, are content with keeping the extra pick, or using it to move up the draft order, but have not ruled out a Houston move if Collingwood cannot secure Gold Coast’s 13.

Must admit the last move was a beauty and got my head back in the positives.
The other good thing is that the Race for Houston is against Collingwood 😆
Austin has placed us in an aggressive and attractive position should we want to be, our picks are pivotal and can be applied to several trade scenarios and if not, no worries, we go to the draft and select 2 young talented youngsters. I’ve been a little harsh & critical of Austin , happy now to applaud him from the excellent work and retract some of the criticism.

How many starts, the perennial question!

Lions this year?

Yep, we could do with a couple more...

View attachment 2139690
Walsh genuine star, Cerra and Williams all on big money, injuries are robbing us, as I said, if we can keep them on the park, might make a bigger difference. We have not been able to field a consistent side for long periods.

Ashcroft although a star would not be on big money as yet.

Our small forwards don't demand half the attention their small forwards would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why is 13 relevant when we have 12 (and 14?)
Because Collingwood’s offer will trump our offer.

13 & Richard’s is better than pick 12

We won’t be offering both 12 & 14 for Houston, and they have no interest in Owies or Kennedy but do have interest in Richard’s and he wants to get to Port.

Last edited:
Because Collingwood’s offer will trump our offer.

13 & Richard’s is better than pick 12
If Port are willing to accept an offer from the Pies that we can get close enough to, they will green light Houston’s move to Carlton out of respect for his service to the club given that we are his preferred destination.

If Port are willing to accept an offer from the Pies that we can get close enough to, they will green light Houston’s move to Carlton out of respect for his service to the club given that we are his preferred destination.

Yeah. I don't think North pick 9 vs carlton 12 vs pies 13 would make a difference. If it's minimal he will get to club of choice (or stay)

Ryan I understand but DGB is 22. IMO worth the discussion at least to see if club can think he can reach his early potential
Reading the previous discussions on DGB my assessment is that yeah by all means consider him but I'd hope that All tall back options are vetted and the best option is acquired. I believe that our list is in a position now where we don't need to be desperate any more. Why would you go and get Kevin Costner when you can have Morgan Freeman?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back