List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Well if John is correct.

We end up with 3+7

FOS/Lalor/Jagga + Smillie

But what else are we giving up in addition to pick 8? What bridges the gap between pick 3 and pick 8?

Hopefully not a future first. And hopefully not pick 27 on its own. Both of those would be terrible deals for us.

Eagles only have picks 3, 26 and 63. They have a vacuum there. That is the worry.

And West Coast wants to maintain a first round pick this year AFTER they trade for Baker.

I’m scratching my head on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, who or what is he replaced with?
Keen to hear who he is holding back.

Pride has nothing to do with it imo, you either want to win or you are a loser. You can’t have it both ways.
But we’re not winning you need to stop this deluded stuff that finishing 12th was a win over finishing 14th. The idea as stated by the club is to build a list that contends and win premierships.

We haven’t won since 1966 how’s that working out for the club and saints supporters, it’s not doing it for me that’s for sure. I can’t speak for thommo but I can think of many ways in which we might replace what jones has provided over 5 seasons from within and perhaps with who we bring in.

If he’s playing at sandy as a backup what’s his purpose within the scope of where we expect to finish in 2025 ?. I’d suggest as thommo has its to stop us dropping a couple of places not to help us climb a few, that’s not winning imo.

But we’re not winning you need to stop this deluded stuff that finishing 12th was a win over finishing 14th. The idea as stated by the club is to build a list that contends and win premierships.

We haven’t won since 1966 how’s that working out for the club and saints supporters, it’s not doing it for me that’s for sure. I can’t speak for thommo but I can think of many ways in which we might replace what jones has provided over 5 seasons from within and perhaps with who we bring in.

If he’s playing at sandy as a backup what’s his purpose within the scope of where we expect to finish in 2025 ?. I’d suggest as thommo has its to stop us dropping a couple of places not to help us climb a few, that’s not winning imo.
Still no alternative player/pick suggested, I’ll stop asking lol

Im a bit conservative so I would like to just keep our picks and take them as they fall. If the club are considering trading one or both picks they obviously are confident on their player rankings and where each player will fall. I think any trades we make will be solely to target specific players, hence if we end up with #3 & #15 it will be because we highly rate a top end player and believe we can get the other kid we want at #15. Thats scary times for an old rusted on supporter like myself but also exciting I guess!

Last edited:
Still no alternative player/pick suggested, I’ll stop asking lol
You want me to talk for thommo ?. If it was me I’d just as happily use any combination, of stocker, owens, Higgins who was a prolific mid as a junior, Garcia and so on. Seriously we’re talking about jones not Cripps.

You want me to talk for thommo ?. If it was me I’d just as happily use any combination, of stocker, owens, Higgins who was a prolific mid as a junior, Garcia and so on. Seriously we’re talking about jones not Cripps.
No, you’re in agreement with him so you’d surely have an idea what to do with him. Higgins is laughable tbh lmao
Garcia I agree looks great, Stocker and Owens are worse mids than Zones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m happy to trade 8, but we must keep 7.
My ideal scenario would be 8+27 for WC 3 and a late pick or two coming back our way.
There are 7 elite mids in the open pool, not 8.

Pick 3 - FOS/Lalor/Jagga/Draper
Pick 7 - Smillie/slider if there is one

Midfield sorted, rebuilt complete.
Why would West Coast do that? Would be a genuinely terrible trade for them, the AFL would probably block it.

Stocker is no mid. Got played there out of desperation and hardly set the world on fire.

Higgins was tried there a few times by Ratten and was ordinary.

Owens might be able to pinch hot in there but his best position looks forward.

We are really thin for midfielders still. Hopefully we get a couple of good ones this draft but rarely are they ready to jump straight into the engine room from day one.

No, you’re in agreement with him so you’d surely have an idea what to do with him. Higgins is laughable tbh lmao
Garcia I agree looks great, Stocker and Owens are worse mids than Zones.
Was he laughable when he was getting leather poisoning in the tac as a mid ? Paddy Dow ring a bell. Sometimes I wonder if I’ve got my wires crossed we are talking and Zak jones here ?.

We still need some mid experience in the squad .... Zones was playing some pretty good football towards the end of the season when we beat some highly rated sides

We likely wouldn't get anything for him in a trade and he is probably costing us a base wage on 1 year .... if his body stays sound he adds a bit of mongrel and energy around the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back