List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Very interesting. One way of looking at this is that Essendon seem to rate us as likely to have a better 2025 then Melbourne to opt for their future 1st over ours. So yay? I guess?
They are getting two seconds from them, our best was F1 and one second.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Melbourne offering 28 and 40 gives the Bombers a lot of points for Kako

You'd think the future 1st would be the deciding factor. If we have a 2nd round pick just after Melbourne and are offering that, any pick later (over pick 40) would be neither here nor there compared to a pick variation of 1 - 18 next year depending on us or them.

This doesn’t make any sense why we aren’t beating Melbourne if that’s there offer.

If we are willing to offer F1 + F2 for 13 to Gold Coast

Surely we would be willing to offer that plus more to beat Melbourne’s offer for 9?

One of these reporters is speculating more than the other

Maybe Saints aren’t including pick 27 in the Essendon deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m happy to trade 8, but we must keep 7.
My ideal scenario would be 8+27 for WC 3 and a late pick or two coming back our way.
There are 7 elite mids in the open pool, not 8.

Pick 3 - FOS/Lalor/Jagga/Draper
Pick 7 - Smillie/slider if there is one

Midfield sorted, rebuilt complete.

8 & 27 for 3 is a good match points wise.

And it still allows us to trade Futures to get another pick in the teens/ twenties.

I like it Tommo

I would be happy with McCrae at the Saints. He is a very good footballer, and we no longer have Seb to help out in the midfield, and I dont think we can rely on Brad to play many more games for us. Which leaves us with Jack Steele, Hunter Clark, Marcus Windhaver. as our only eperienced mids.We are getting Frankie Junior, but I dont know what sort of mid he inside or out, apparently he can kick goals so that is a plus. Beside Jack Steele and Windhaver, we are short on inside mids, so that should be considered when we go to this years draft.
Yep.
But not at a ridiculous cost.

I’m happy to trade 8, but we must keep 7.
My ideal scenario would be 8+27 for WC 3 and a late pick or two coming back our way.
There are 7 elite mids in the open pool, not 8.

Pick 3 - FOS/Lalor/Jagga/Draper
Pick 7 - Smillie/slider if there is one

Midfield sorted, rebuilt complete.
I would love this.

But how does that unlock Baker?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very interesting. One way of looking at this is that Essendon seem to rate us as likely to have a better 2025 then Melbourne to opt for their future 1st over ours. So yay? I guess?
Yes that could well be as there is not much difference to what we were supposedly putting up ... Dees offering that extra 3rd rounder helps Dopers with extra pts and also Dees threatening to callout Kako's name 2 spots ahead of us had our measure

Dees now have Dopers over a barrel and we are resigned to heading back to the bar to see what other harlots are left hanging around with tasty tidbits

Your point is valid. But to offset that is the opportunity cost of being completely absent from this year’s draft which is being judged to be a very strong one. Even a second round pick could land a gem.
Essentially, Essendon will remove themselves from this year’s draft in the hope of landing a good player next year.

That is appalling list management. But hey, let them do it.

Bombers look to be going nowhere. For a long, long time.

Isn’t there a rule where you have to draft at least 3 or something?

I agree with them I believe the bottom will fall completely out of Melbourne with a bottom 4 finish. They have had far too much turmoil, a coach on the nose, no forward line, no flankers and the top end cant carry them for ever.

Isn’t there a rule where you have to draft at least 3 or something?

You can use back ended picks to match the number of list spots you have.

However if the rumours of Melbourne now dealing into pick 9 are true then Essendon will at least have an extra pick in the 40s they can now use in addition to the pick in the late 20s they are gaining.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back