List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Because as I said, they will keep shifting a few things around. Leppitch said himself that they will start to work at it again on Monday.

They haven't said that's their final offer.
So based on his interview Friday: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/no...e/news-story/d25f26f72561af437e0b76c5f177e0b0

- the suns have worked out 13 has more value then the pies offer.

• the suns don’t want to trade 23 to the pies
  • if they trade 23 then the pies don’t want to trade it to port

- meanwhile Houston hasn’t nominated the pies, so he can go to any club.

And the weekends reports are that the Suns and power are breaking off the 3 way and having missionary themselves to get JL to port.

I don't see how JMc is worth a 2nd.

A year or two ago he certainly would have been but now he's behind Libba, Sanders, etc on the periphery of the best 22.

While the Dogs probably don't need to drop his $800k, it's definitely not great cap management to have a 31, 32, 33 year old eating up that every year (especially with some of their young guns OOC & demanding big fat contracts).

An early 3rd round pick is right on the money IMO.
Exactly. Clear the cap space and then rewrite some contracts to forward load them now to give a bit more space for 2025 for free agents.

I think he’s one of the more accurate. Precisely because he’s not as speculative as the other nimrods who find some obscure whisper and put it out there that it might happen. I find that he’s much more conservative (boring in a sense).
Disagree completely he’s always telling rubbish

Twomey is the only one I feel we can really trust. He’s our Woj/Shams (NBA reference for those that follow)

Does this work?

WC: 7, 8, 27
StK: 3, F1 (tied to West Coast), 63

I know we want two first rounders this year but our F1 (Pick 5-10) + F1 tied to WC (Pick 3-6) would be handy next year and we get our pick of the crop of mids this year. WC likely still have Hawks F1 or Carlton F1 for next year.

Disagree completely he’s always telling rubbish

Twomey is the only one I feel we can really trust. He’s our Woj/Shams (NBA reference for those that follow)
Twomey is exactly that.

The rest are all kinds of meh.

And to be honest if I had to rank someone second for breaking news.

It’s Tom Morris or that nerd Cleary. Morris probably pips him with his exclusives.

Does this work?

I know we want two first rounders this year but our F1 (Pick 5-10) + F1 tied to WC (Pick 3-6) would be handy next year and we get our pick of the crop of mids this year.
Why would we do that?

We have a super hand in a super draft and your idea is to trade out into the compromised draft that no one wants to be apart of?

Because as I said, they will keep shifting a few things around. Leppitch said himself that they will start to work at it again on Monday.

They haven't said that's their final offer.

Imagine if Gold went BANG and accepted our offer for pick 13.

Would Collingwood accept pick 23 for Noble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this work?

I know we want two first rounders this year but our F1 (Pick 5-10) + F1 tied to WC (Pick 3-6) would be handy next year and we get our pick of the crop of mids this year. WC likely still have Hawks F1 or Carlton F1 for next year.

Very much doubt we'd do that and actually think it's a poor deal for West Coast too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst i agree on the posturing, were SORT of doing the same thing. I think Macrae is probably worth a bit more than 47 and a bit less than 27.

Its always seemed like well probably wind up doing a swap of seconds (Macrae and 35 for 27) so we could probably lead with that.

The stalemate right now is equally spread, if we offered the pick swap and they still pushed back then id say theyre being a pack of pricks (which Sam Power and the dogs in general do very much appear to be).
47 will come in that far on draft night it will almost be a second round pick. I can see why we won’t to hold onto it.

47 will come in that far on draft night it will almost be a second round pick. I can see why we won’t to hold onto it.
Won’t come in that far.

Remember it has to go out 4 spots.

Ashcroft Lombard Kako Marshall and then come in.

So it will be late 30s early 40s

Pick 9 shenanigans seem to be the theme this year and I reckon we keep it going.

Melbourne are said to be super keen on Armstrong with pick 9.

But what if the team with the picks in between their pick 5 & 9 held an interest in Armstrong.

Would it mean they'd need to take Armstrong with their earlier pick? Would it? Would it? Do your thing SOS you slimey bugger!
:100:

If Melb don't get Armstrong with their pick 5, we will screw them on the night threatening that we'll nab him unless they do a live pick swap.

Does this work?

Not for a minute for me. Not even close.
2 top draft picks this year over future picks in a highly compromised draft next year does not appeal at all.

If all else fails, 7, 8 and 27 is an excellent hand.

I don't see how JMc is worth a 2nd.

A year or two ago he certainly would have been but now he's behind Libba, Sanders, etc on the periphery of the best 22.

While the Dogs probably don't need to drop his $800k, it's definitely not great cap management to have a 31, 32, 33 year old eating up that every year (especially with some of their young guns OOC & demanding big fat contracts).

An early 3rd round pick is right on the money IMO.

The guy is over 30.
And if we’re paying his entire contract, 47 is just fine for me.
Both fair points BUT... He is JUST 30 and theres no reason to think he cant play until hes 35. Hes a 3 time AA. This whole "hes fallen back in the pack" is a little overstated too. He played 19 games off an injury interrupted pre season, granted many of them were was a HF/2nd string Onballer but hes also contracted and the dogs dont have to do shit.

If were offering to take his full salary then a 3rd probably is but if the dogs would rather a second (or swap of seconds) and to wear some of his salary, well they hold the whip hand.

Sam Power stirkes me much more as the 80s power business man model who will play stupid games over it but he also can cause hes got the contracted player. Id rather it just got done so we dont wind up holding our dicks at the deadline

LOL! Bulldogs offering just a F1. They're taking the absolute mick this year.

- Macrea worth more than 43 despite being over 30, his contract $$$ and falling out of best 22 .

- Smith worth a top 10 despite an ACL and Bevo trashing his value playing him as a HFF.

- I assume they rate Daniel as a late teens pick then? Bunch of arse hats.
Making fools of themselves and can see it backfiring on them.
Even if we don't get Macrae and they play hardball, they get a VFL player on 2.4 million and Bailey Smith walks to Geelong for free.
If they cave Macrae for 47 and Smith for 17, they look like posturing fools.
Imbeciles.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did I just hear right???
We traded Sinclair and Steelo????
You heard Grant Thomas on the booze and decide we are shit and should trade out Sinclair and Steele for picks play kids and get more kids like it’s 2001 again

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back