Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I am getting nervous that it will take 2 first rounders to get this done to save face and spare west coast facing the wrath of their supporters. West coasts erratic valuing of picks and players is worrying.

The Eagles and Hawks would have agreed to something before the Hawks traded away pick 14 in what is being hailed as a super draft to increase its collateral for next season.

This deal is happening and might be the one that the AFL has asked to stage mange for the TV tomorrow night.

Eagles and Hawks have both been suspiciously quiet since Rob Mac spoke last Thursday .

The Eagles and Hawks would have agreed to something before the Hawks traded away pick 14 in what is being hailed as a super draft to increase its collateral for next season.

This deal is happening and might be the one that the AFL has asked to stage mange for the TV tomorrow night.

Eagles and Hawks have both been suspiciously quiet since Rob Mac spoke last Thursday .
I hope this is the case too, but cannot fathom West Coasts thinking on this, given the pick 3 trade.

I am getting nervous that it will take 2 first rounders to get this done to save face and spare west coast facing the wrath of their supporters. West coasts erratic valuing of picks and players is worrying.

If it ends up being two future firsts and they give us this years Second pick around 22 this year would that be the worst?

If Carlton and Hawks both finish top 6 next year it could be something like

Eagles receive pick 14 and pick 15 2025
Hawks receive pick 23 and Barrass 2024

This would get us back into a draft which they are saying from pick 15-25 this year is full of talent.

Would also mean we have two second round picks next season locked we could use to get back into the first round if we wanted.

If it ends up being two future firsts and they give us this years Second pick around 22 this year would that be the worst?

If Carlton and Hawks both finish top 6 next year it could be something like

Eagles receive pick 14 and pick 15 2025
Hawks receive pick 23 and Barrass 2024

This would get us back into a draft which they are saying from pick 15-25 this year is full of talent.

Would also mean we have two second round picks next season locked we could use to get back into the first round if we wanted.
It’s worse than the original deal we turned down 14 + f2.

Shame the deal has almost certainly been agreed.

If we held two firsts next year and two years of futures, we’d have a good play at Reid. They are butchering their own list, unless he gets offered $2m a year it’s going to be hard to convince him to stay.

The eagles fans are incredible at blaming Victoria for all their problems, like they don’t have a West Australian who’s been at the club since being drafted desperately trying to leave to move to Victoria.

I'm starting to realise that valuing draft picks next year is really difficult. With everyone saying the draft is super compromised and weak and the change in pick value weighting, how do you assess mid first round picks? Given teams won't be able to match as easily with 3 round picks, do 2nd rounders increase in trade value.

As an example what if 2 seconds gets a 1st from Gold Coast to pick match next year because it's now the best point upgrade they can get?

Makes it hard to judge a scenario like us giving up 2 1sts for Eagles 2nd and Barrass. What if we can use the 3 seconds to get an early pick from a team to match a bid next year?

Would then mean we gave up 14 and our F2 for Barrass and a big pick upgrade in 2024 - reasonable?

I have no idea...

Shame the deal has almost certainly been agreed.

If we held two firsts next year and two years of futures, we’d have a good play at Reid. They are butchering their own list, unless he gets offered $2m a year it’s going to be hard to convince him to stay.

The eagles fans are incredible at blaming Victoria for all their problems, like they don’t have a West Australian who’s been at the club since being drafted desperately trying to leave to move to Victoria.

He will be offered 20 mill over 10 years when the cap increases by the Eagles.

Eagles turned the deal down not the Hawks.
No, they wanted 14+F2. We turned it down and asked for F3 back which they turned down. There are reports saying we wanted 14 for F3 back as another compromise too.

He is saying your proposed deal is worse than this.

Add another F2 or their pick 26 to the deal and it won't be as bad, still bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the outcry from media and own supporters on the WCE deal with CAR and RIC, i have a feeling they have no choice but to dig there heels on Barrass to save their skin in some ways.
We have committed to him so i can't see how we don't get him over the line. I think 1 F1 + 1 F2 is more than adequate for Barrass whereas WCE are after our 2 F1. It might end up being 1 F1 + 2 F2 for Barrass + F3...to get the deal done.
It did cross my mind however I'm glad you mentioned it and not me 😂

Save face from what exactly?

With the outcry from media and own supporters on the WCE deal with CAR and RIC, i have a feeling they have no choice but to dig there heels on Barrass to save their skin in some ways.
We have committed to him so i can't see how we don't get him over the line. I think 1 F1 + 1 F2 is more than adequate for Barrass whereas WCE are after our 2 F1. It might end up being 1 F1 + 2 F2 for Barrass + F3...to get the deal done.
On the contrary as angry as their fans are, they are fearful that they now have to trade Barass and just can't keep him.

They have no leverage and know that we know. So are expecting another reaming.

MM needs to hold firm and let the clock run down if they are being unreasonable. F1+F2 is more than fair.

Clarke needs to land these 2 x F1s to save face in the West.. can't see Macca rolling over now!

I'd rather we missed out on Barrass (knowing our best offer was F1 + F2) than cough up 2 x F1s.

Our depth in that area isn't too bad (Frost, Sicily, Battle, Blanck, McCabe and even Scrimshaw plays tall)

Just listened to the Don Pyke interview after the pick 3 trade (and felt even worse for WC supporters afterwards).

Unless he is blatantly lying, we definitely did not trade out 14 with their blessing.
Pyke saying they did the trade with pick 3 to honour their commitment to Baker… 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Is their list management strategy shifting to emotionally blackmail us into overpaying for Barrass now? Rabble club

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back