Opinion Adelaide Crows New Logo Discussion

We need a new logo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely it was an intentional leak, to gauge perception?

Although you'd think you'd just seek feedback openly: "here are our top 3 designs" and then go read all the social media about it.

Fan consultation can be dangerous though. A lot of people have a really really bad eye for design and you'll also get a lot of people asking for old, outdated designs they have nostalgia for.

And when you open it up for opinion you'll get a lot of alternate unsolicited garbage options, eg. the AI designs posted here

Fan consultation can be dangerous though. A lot of people have a really really bad eye for design and you'll also get a lot of people asking for old, outdated designs they have nostalgia for.

And when you open it up for opinion you'll get a lot of alternate unsolicited garbage options, eg. the AI designs posted here

"Why didn't they just ask fans for input?"

gestures broadly at the thread

Untitled.jpg

I don't think they'll fix anything. Let the initial outcry die down, then announce it with "We were already committed to it and couldn't change. The focus groups loved it."

For what it's worth, I kind of like it. The amendment someone did in here looks better, but I honestly don't think the original is as bad as most people are saying. Though obviously it's all subjective. Many of the options put forward as "better options" looked worse imo.
Each to their own I guess.
I hated the Raptor head and was very happy to hear we were finally moving beyond it. Unfortunately, the one leaked was (IMHO) a disgrace and a complete embarrassment. That we could (supposedly) go through multiple revisions, focus groups etc... and that was the best we could do is unbelievable. It looked like it was done by the same person who did the 1980's Festival plaza.

Yes some of the 'proposed' models on here weren't suitable, but the fact that we could have multiple people do better in less than an hour of work says a lot.

That's true, but you'd manage it by having 3 to pick from, rather than open slather.

You're not going to make everyone happy, but at least you'd end up with one where there isn't the negativity is minimized.

Meanwhile the logo is 100% completed and merch etc has gone to print.. with the AFL fixturing due out in 2 weeks the logo would need to come out the week leading into that.
whatever it is, i can't wait to see it painted on the MCG members wing on GF day hopefully before 2030.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Adelaide Crows New Logo Discussion

Back