Preview ‪1st SF - Geelong vs Sydney, Friday 15th September, 7:50pm @ MCG ‬

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

lol, I remember Paul Hogan doing a sketch to this song, set as an episode of Husky & Crutch.

Hutch is trying to arrest a female offender who throws up her hands and says, 'I give up. Hutch breaks into, Don't Give Up On Us, Stasky walks over and pistol whips him. (IIRC).
Brilliant. I have the song on my itunes for some reason. And for some other reason I have not deleted it!

I don't usually attend finals - after watching us lose 3 Grand finals I had had enough. It didn't cause me to jump ship though. That happened while living deep country.

Now I am back in Geelong, travelling to Melb (on the train) and battling to get on a train post game, is a challenge. I am no spring chicken.

[The last MCG game I did attend (last year I think) the first train special home did not arrive until 55 minutes after the siren. No fun crammed on a station with victorious Collingwood supporters heading home on other trains and hanging ****].

I have purchased my ticket for this one.

I am actually looking forward to it - my snow jacket is hanging on the hook ready to go.

I admire that.

Sadly i promised my wife i won't be yelling at the tv once we are getting flogged in the 3rd qtr so broncos it is.

Once i get myself a man shed and a 2nd tv though

My wife said the same thing last week, until she noticed me reading about the Battle of the Somme at half time.

I pointed out it was less horrifying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't help but hope there's a little bit of 1976 David Soul with the Cats tomorrow night...

"Don't give up on us, baby
We're still worth one more try
I know we put a last one by
Just for a rainy evening
When maybe stars are few
Don't give up on us, I know
We can still come through"

Always preferred David Soul as a psychotic traffic cop myself.

Anybody see Mackie and Domsy as collateral in this game? Could be a good opportunity to even things up a little? I mean, they're retiring anyway. Might as well go the whole hog and get weeks rather than fines...? #tryingtofindhope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back