Certified Legendary Thread 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s been a year of me not getting over how dual Premership player Steele Sidebottom managed to kick a goal from 55 meters (or 90 meters depending on who you asked).

It has to be the most bizarre thing to ever happened, I mean Steele’s a legend but surely 9 times out of 10 he doesn’t kick a goal from that distance. Plus he didn’t just make the distance, he absolutely flushed it to the point that none of our players on the line even had to do anything.

To do it at that moment is the definition of clutch, easily one of my favourite moments of all time (With Jordy’s goal coming a close second).

Sorry for the rambling, but my brain still can’t comprehend it. WTF STEELE?

It’s been a year of me not getting over how dual Premership player Steele Sidebottom managed to kick a goal from 55 meters (or 90 meters depending on who you asked).

It has to be the most bizarre thing to ever happened, I mean Steele’s a legend but surely 9 times out of 10 he doesn’t kick a goal from that distance. Plus he didn’t just make the distance, he absolutely flushed it to the point that none of our players on the line even had to do anything.

To do it at that moment is the definition of clutch, easily one of my favourite moments of all time (With Jordy’s goal coming a close second).

Steele Sidebottom from beyond the arch, oh my goodness....

Wind picked up right at the right moment he said. You can see his jumper flapping harder than a penguin trying to fly. He absolutely flushed it though. The footy gods must of thought "**** it,we've tortured them long enough, give them this moment"

It was a little worrying in the first half of the second quarter. I was thinking, here we go again. Gonna sit through another loss.

Then we turned it on again. Went full Rocca.
Camerons goal i thought we were guna choke again. 1 minute of game time later we were 10 points up. Crispy should of had a shot from 55 and put in beyond doubt upon reflection. He was drilling them like Sav Rocca all day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now Ginnivan about to be a moron and kick around the corner when it was an obvious go back and drop punt type of a shot at goal! Listen to Steele you clown! 🤡

Camerons goal i thought we were guna choke again. 1 minute of game time later we were 10 points up. Crispy should of had a shot from 55 and put in beyond doubt upon reflection. He was drilling them like Sav Rocca all day
Frampton could've taken a mark inside 50 when we were 10 points up with around three minutes left. Unfortunately, he just couldn't get in the right position and Harris Andrews pinched it from him.

One year on and I still get a flood of emotions whether it’s looking back at photos or videos on my phone, watching the game itself, watching all the various videos on social media from the club, AFL and fans or just going through my folders of magazines and newspapers from the days/weeks following that glorious day. Best Day Ever!

Makes me want to experience it again really soon.

Final quarter! Bring it home Pies 👏🏻 👏🏻

Can’t wait for the Charlie Cameron goal celebration. Best part happens next!

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Back