Traded 1. Brianna Davey - Traded to Collingwood - Post #167

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think it’s official at this point in time - our club’s said nothing publicly, as far as I’m aware. However, the weight of reporting strongly suggests that it’s true, with the story already having got a run on the official AFL and AFLW websites, and in the Age and Herald Sun. It would seem that we need to prepare for the worst.

It will be interesting to see how Harf reacts, both in a PR sense now, and in a coaching sense next season.

It is official ...

https://womens.afl/news/17804/blues-skipper-officially-requests-trade-to-crosstown-rivals

CARLTON AFLW skipper Brianna Davey has officially requested a trade to Collingwood.

Womens.afl understands the 24-year-old Davey asked the club on Saturday for a move to the crosstown rivals, just days after coming equal-first in the club best and fairest alongside Maddy Prespakis.

But is that “officially official”? I’m kind of joking, and clutching at straws at the same time, but the use of the term “understands” still makes it sound like hearsay. I will live in hope / denial until either Bri or our club directly state that she’s requested a trade ... although in truth I suspect that’s not too far away.

Extremely disappointing.

It’s hard to imagine that the club would not have been willing and able to match at least 90% of the offer from Collingwood. It seems like a really strange move.

Pick 1 and a top 10 B&F player from Collingwood at a minimum in return. Hopefully there’s another player of a similar quality to Maddi coming through this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This was written by Bri herself on Players Voice some time in the last year:

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/brianna-davey-matilda-who-turned-blue/2/#TdxujfZ8OLyvhjdw.99

The best part of all is that I’m back wearing the navy blue guernsey of Carlton. You have no idea what that means to me.
In the off-season there were reports going around that I was going to leave the club. The thought never crossed my mind.

When new teams are coming into a competition, there is always going to be player movement. There’s always going to be clubs knocking on the doors of managers, asking about players they’re interested in

I'd be asking some serious questions about what has changed after seemingly a great season. Something really stinks about this.

I'm wondering if Nicole Graves has been poached by Collingwood. They saw how she built a strong program after our 2018 season went pear shaped. They have a need for an overhaul... That leads to Bri poaching maybe.

Most likely an agent working clubs for a better pay day. Sad either way Bri.

It is disappointing to see but as we saw with Brennan moving to Richmond earlier in the week unfortunately it is going to happen more and more while these expannsion teams come in.

One of Bri's sister was dating a Collingwood player not sure if they are still together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, especially the filth. But I suspect that a women of her age probably has a very limited opportunity to make coin in this sport. She's got to take as much as she can get. Perhaps the filth offered her significantly more than us. If that was the case then i'd understand why she'd take that offer.

Roughly what we paid for Nicola Stevens, who is a great player but no Bri Davey IMO.

Picks we get will be worse than what we gave Collingwood (number wise) given more teams and compromised draft.

But I guess that's about max compo you're ever going to get unless you get a player back as well.

I'll miss Bri. She was probably my fave AFLW player.

Good luck at Collingwood (I feel dirty saying that).

And look forward to picking up another Preskap.... Praspeki.... Pressparka.... Maddie... in the upcoming draft...

This stinks, STINKS I say.
Her bullshit about never wanting to leave smacks of Daisy telling young Pies supporting kids not to throw out their number 13 guernseys yet, and then announcing his move to Carlton about a fortnight later. Yuck city.

It certainly does stink. But the women earn **** all compared to the men.

I can understand them chasing $$$ and job offers.

It certainly does stink. But the women earn **** all compared to the men.

I can understand them chasing $$$ and job offers.
Yeah I get it. But don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining be all like "it means so much to me!" and then bugger off. Nothing wrong with wanting a payrise, but a bitta honesty wouldn't go astray.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded 1. Brianna Davey - Traded to Collingwood - Post #167

Remove this Banner Ad

Back