Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If a 31 year old broken down, bone on bone, Brian Lake is worth pick 21 and some swaps

Hamish is worth at least pick 15 on his own. He will be younger than Lake is now in 3 years time.

We are not desperate to let him go, we are not being forced to cut him due to salary cap considerations. It's a hostile takeover and you always pay more when that is the case.

Contracted :thumbsu:
Required :thumbsu:
1st Round selection (#8, 2002) 2 x AA squad nominations, 5 of 7 games this year > 100 SC points.

= It's Pick 15 for McIntosh & Pick 35. Otherwise Geelong can enjoy getting silver service from big Dawson Simpson with some handy support from West; Both of whom are considerably worse than Hamish.

If a 31 year old broken down, bone on bone, Brian Lake is worth pick 21 and some swaps

Hamish is worth at least pick 15 on his own. He will be younger than Lake is now in 3 years time.

We are not desperate to let him go, we are not being forced to cut him due to salary cap considerations. It's a hostile takeover and you always pay more when that is the case.

1st Round selection (#8, 2002) 2 x AA squad nominations, 5 of 7 games this year > 100 SC points.

= It's Pick 15 for McIntosh & Pick 35. Otherwise Geelong can enjoy getting silver service from big Dawson Simpson with some handy support from West; Both of whom are considerably worse than Hamish.

This.

Geelong believe they still have the list to make a grand final. Their two biggest issues are replacing Scarlett and gaining a better ruck.

Geelong understand how important big men are. They gave up 2 first round picks for an injury prone brad ottens, without him they would not have been as successful in my opinion. Macca will play a vital role in them having one last shot at a flag while the likes of Bartel, chappy and Enright are around. They know this. The roos know this and Geelong should pay accordingly. Pick 15 or he stays.

If we get a pick around 30 for Pedo, I'd happily trade that pick and Macca for 15 and their 4th.

Rubbish. A better comparison is mumford to Sydney for pick 28, and he was only 20 or so and injury free!
Don't forget we gave Stephen king to st Kilda for pick 91 (all australian and premiership player which hmac isnt) to give him more opportunities as a way of saying thank you for his services. Hmac wants to leave so reward his services by granting his request and a pick in the 20s is fair. Pick 15 is trolling and you know it.

Beautifully put mate

Rubbish. A better comparison is mumford to Sydney for pick 28, and he was only 20 or so and injury free!
Don't forget we gave Stephen king to st Kilda for pick 91 (all australian and premiership player which hmac isnt) to give him more opportunities as a way of saying thank you for his services. Hmac wants to leave so reward his services by granting his request and a pick in the 20s is fair. Pick 15 is trolling and you know it.

Mumford had only one reasonable season at that stage. Macca has had 4. Two of which resulted in him being in the all-australian squad. Steven King was just on 30 when you traded him, and you needed to send him away because of salary cap issues. We are not in that position. This talk of our need to get rid of macca to free up space is a farce.

We are not going to "reward him for his services" if it means we get a shit pick...he has stated that he is happy to fullfil his contract with the roos and we are more than happy to accomodate him. Also, There is not much difference between a pick in the 20's and pick 15. Its not like its a top 10 pick that we are asking for. Ruckman often go for picks between 10-20. So i don't understand why so many people think that 15 is overs. The operations that he has had in the past 2 years will ensure that he play into his 30's.

Yes some swaps, one of them being pick 26, so they got him basically for pick 41 and a downgrade of 5 in the 1st rd. At least be honest when using examples!

Mumford had only one reasonable season at that stage. Macca has had 4. Two of which resulted in him being in the all-australian squad. Steven King was just on 30 when you traded him, and you needed to send him away because of salary cap issues. We are not in that position. This talk of our need to get rid of macca to free up space is a farce.

We are not going to "reward him for his services" if it means we get a shit pick...he has stated that he is happy to fullfil his contract with the roos and we are more than happy to accomodate him. Also, There is not much difference between a pick in the 20's and pick 15. Its not like its a top 10 pick that we are asking for. Ruckman often go for picks between 10-20. So i don't understand why so many people think that 15 is overs. The operations that he has had in the past 2 years will ensure that he play into his 30's.
Wellingham going for pick 17 is further evidence that hmac is not worth pick 15. Agree that hmac is a great player but he's still a bit over the hill age wise which lessens his value. Pick in the 20s is defiantly not a shit pick.

Yes some swaps, one of them being pick 26, so they got him basically for pick 41 and a downgrade of 5 in the 1st rd. At least be honest when using examples!

Honestly... I've just got back from a Red Card holiday becuase of you, can't you just get ****ed?

If you are going to stalk me, at least get your facts straight, it was Pick 27, not 26.

And he is more than 3 years older.

We don't even need compensation for H. I would rather see him rotting for Werribee than playing as your teams first ruckman for a pick in the 40's.

Steven King was forced out.... You are recruiting/trading for Hmac.

We are under no salary cap pressures. He is 3 years younger than King was at the time of the trade. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

You guys are taking the piss thinking you are getting him for less than Pick 15. If he is worth paying 450k per season, he is worth a 1st round draft pick, especially to a team that is desperate for some quality in that position.

Wellingham for pick 17 & Lake for Pick 21 only further illustrates how far Geelong supporters are off the mark.

Pay up or get used to watching "Polly" Simpson & West run around with an ageing midfield.

If he needs to be honest then so do you... anyway who do you think hawks will select with their pick 26? It will be interesting to see if they get Jack Viney with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jolly never missed games and was coming off a career best year.
Question. Do you ever believe a North player is superior to a comparable opposition player? All I ever read from you is you gushing over opposition players.

Genuinely interested in why you seem to be arguing against Hamish being a valuable commodity.

But Collingwood really really wanted him. And Sydney really really wanted to let him go because he was a sook.

Paul Salmon left Essendon at 31 years of age, battling groin & achilles injuries, yet still went on to play over 100 games and make the Hawthorn Team of the Century.

Hamish should have 5+ years of his prime still in him.

But Collingwood really really wanted him. And Sydney really really wanted to let him go because he was a sook.

Paul Salmon left Essendon at 31 years of age, battling groin & achilles injuries, yet still went on to play over 100 games and make the Hawthorn Team of the Century.

Hamish should have 5+ years of his prime still in him.

Who cares if Hamish has 100 games left or 1 game left if he leaves North?

We don't know and neither does any Geelong fanboi.

All I want is for us to be properly compensated.

Question. Do you ever believe a North player is superior to a comparable opposition player? All I ever read from you is you gushing over opposition players.

Genuinely interested in why you seem to be arguing against Hamish being a valuable commodity.

Just yesterday I was saying that Liam Anthony's a better player than Ben Jacobs and Matt Campbell is of more use to us than that overrated spud, David Rodan.

We're not representing North at the trade table, mate. We're allowed to be balanced in our assessments.

If you want to argue facts with me, I'd welcome it. Everything I said about Jolly vs McIntosh was factual.

Daz, Geelong are in desperate need of a mature, quality ruckman.

I know it, you know it, even the people in Coober ****ing Pedy know it, it is that obvious.

They must pay.

Just yesterday I was saying that Liam Anthony's a better player than Ben Jacobs and Matt Campbell is of more use to us than that overrated spud, David Rodan.

We're not representing North at the trade table, mate. We're allowed to be balanced in our assessments.
It was just a trend I was noticing. Not suggesting it happens every time.

If you want to argue facts with me, I'd welcome it. Everything I said about Jolly vs McIntosh was factual.
You simply stated an opinion. Just curious as to why you have arrived at that viewpoint.

It was just a trend I was noticing. Not suggesting it happens every time.

You simply stated an opinion. Just curious as to why you have arrived at that viewpoint.

When Jolly was 28 I feel he was a slightly better player (opinion) and significantly more durable (fact). I'm not sure how anyone could suggest that they are of similar value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back