Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Good article. I'm feeling more confident about Hamish's progress now that he is dominating games at AFL. I heard heaps of raps for him in his first year about being superbly talented, but never heard of his performances in the VFL. Good to see he is backing up that talent with dominant VFL performances to really deserve his position when he finally does get it. Go H!!

Reliable source mate.

Laidley is leaving it to the last minute, (drewy's bruising still not too good - has trouble running) H is likely to play today, if not definately next week.

Excellent news. Hopefully Drew is not rushed back in and is given plenty of time to get his injury right and some form up for Port. In the mean time, give Hamish a few weeks to settle in and make his mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we are all happy to see Big H in, but the team looked more balanced with Drew at CHF. Can we have both Rocca & H in the same forward line? Hale & McIntosh will end up spliting game time.

Great to see JWS in the emergencies.

Now where is Trotter?

Great to see another youngster getting a game.

BTW to those who have been watching the magoos regularily, has Hamish been dominating games in the same way that petrie (of for that matter watt or hale) did before they got a regular senior call-up?

Tas said:
If McIntosh has a very good game will he be dropped for Petrie the following week?

Drew's had fairly limited game time this year, including two games (Sydney, Hawthorn) where injuries restricted him to less than 20 minutes.

I'd say one game out, and at least one (possibly two) games back in the VFL is a safe ground between giving McIntosh a chance to impress, Petrie a chance to get game time, and not embarrassing Petrie with an extended run in the VFL.

I can't recall the last youngster Laidley has given huge gametime to, on debut or in his first 3-4 games, something which always gives the selectors a chance to drop the youngsetr back to the VFL.

I think Drew's been pretty decent this year, and Laidley's comment that he wouldn't "rest" Drew just to give Hamish a run, probably indicated he's happy with Drew's form this year. In the article I read he seemed very keen for Drew to get up and play against the Crows.

Congrats Hamish.. been a long time coming:D

Hope he stars...

Welcome back Brady.

Very good to see JWS in the emgs- really didn't expect him to be pushing so early, but am extremely pleased he is.

Go Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back