Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon he started going backwards before that. He's been poor most of the year, the last 3 being ridiculously poor.

He deserved the spray, btw.
Yeah definitely. He shepherded JHF off the ball and they got a bloody goal!!

Before that he was one of the few guys we had moving forward of the ball, to the point where he'd get it kicked to him cos no one else was leading.

I like Mahony, but he is a natural midfielder who is unable to play the role at AFL level because of his height, stature and no obvious point of difference that would make him an elite small forward. Sometimes with smaller players they have to have at least one elite trait (speed, goal sense) to overcome their height. Unfortunately I don’t think he does. The same can be said for Lazzaro. The same can be said for Turner, Hrovat ect. Lazz and Marina have both ended up being perplexing picks.

We’d been linked to Chad Warner in the whole lead up to the draft with our picks in the 30’s and then we ended up going Mahony and Perez. I don’t get it.
Yeah it will time soon enough to fire up the Lazzaro thread. Yes it's a shame for Mahony had he been taller ,quicker and African American he may well have rivalled Jordan in the NBA :p

Warner aye- well that's not great news, but do we really need a youngster averaging 21 disposals, more marks, goals and tackles than Mahony? That sort of thinking will compromise our drafting strategy and may cost us pick #1 moving forward.

Don't like it one bit.

The 2019 draft looks average as **** at the moment for the competition as a whole. Melbourne the clear winners.
Hurts that Sydney scouted Warner and get kissed on the dick. They must be doing something right they plucked him from WA.

I still think we will look back on it fondly for the Comben and Perez selections.

The 2019 draft looks average as fu** at the moment for the competition as a whole. Melbourne the clear winners.
Hurts that Sydney scouted Warner and get kissed on the dick. They must be doing something right they plucked him from WA.

I still think we will look back on it fondly for the Comben and Perez selections.

Sydney pulls winners out of their arse every year. Even without COLA and academies their strikerate is strong.

Just needs a spell.

If Noble has any inkling and if what a coach needs to do, he will have already delivered the message and told Jack what he needs to do.

Playing this guy at AFL level will destroy him. His confidence is at rock bottom.

I think you will find he will be relieved to take a spell and get away from the pressure.

Reminds me of Ryan Pagan. Great attitude but physically a little limited.

Needs a soft reset but if that's not via the VFL maybe it can be via a change in role. Like a job on a specific defender.

We just need a player to turn up to the next family day shitfaced and the cycle will be complete.

Reckon jed let's him have a spell, Jed can pressure forward well and pinch hit in the middle whilst he gets back to 100% match fit. Mahony needs touch, and he can't improve that getting it 7 times a week. My 2c
I'm looking forward to seeing Jed line up on a few running backs...
Have a sneaking suspicion not many will play with the positivity they are used to.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the point in dropping him to be sub? He should be playing vfl
If I read one more time how Powell should be in this team I'll kill someone. That said, anyone that doesn't think a player like Powell should be in the team over Mahoney is kidding themselves.

If I read one more time how Powell should be in this team I'll kill someone. That said, anyone that doesn't think a player like Powell should be in the team over Mahoney is kidding themselves.

FFS. He played a quarter as a sub and you and those other two ****wits are still having a crack at him.

FFS. He played a quarter as a sub and you and those other two *******s are still having a crack at him.
Hardly. He should not be in the team for his own sake and pretending otherwise is not doing him any favours. It was a mistake to drop him and keep him as sub.

Hardly. He should not be in the team for his own sake and pretending otherwise is not doing him any favours. It was a mistake to drop him and keep him as sub.

That’s not his fault though so why the **** are you having a go at him?

That’s not his fault though so why the fu** are you having a go at him?
Well I'm not. I'm saying he should not be in the team - it's hardly some rage filled personal attack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back