Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine playing one of the worst games of AFL football in North’s recently history and being told you’re getting dropped, only to get a reprieve and come on as sub the following week and proceed to get don’t argued twice in a quarter before making a return back into the 22.

The only other options we have were Hayden, Lazzaro, McGuiness and ****ing Archer.
I’m pretty sure Goater, Walker and Edwards are the only other fit players not named in the senior side. Diabolical.

We have 13 players not available for selection. If it was up to me I’d have Tarrant, Brown and Higgins on the list every single day of the week and it would not have kept one young player from getting game time in the seniors. Not a single one.
Everyone knows we’ve gutted the list too hard and we called it out at the time and still got dicks in return.

Imagine playing one of the worst games of AFL football in North’s recently history and being told you’re getting dropped, only to get a reprieve and come on as sub the following week and proceed to get don’t argued twice in a quarter before making a return back into the 22.

fu**

The only other options we have were Hayden, Lazzaro, McGuiness and ******* Archer.
I’m pretty sure Goater, Walker and Edwards are the only other fit players not named in the senior side. Diabolical.

We have 13 players not available for selection. If it was up to me I’d have Tarrant, Brown and Higgins on the list every single day of the week and it would not have kept one young player from getting game time in the seniors. Not a single one.
Everyone knows we’ve gutted the list too hard and we called it out at the time and still got dicks in return.
i theory i think having as many list spots available to get a look as speculative players is a good thing, but when we use one of those sports to employ a non playing coach its doesnt bode well.

FFS. He played a quarter as a sub and you and those other two *******s are still having a crack at him.

OK if you're going to be an angry ****wit, what about this week? Did he do enough with his 1 1st half disposal to defend him? Ffs if he played for any other club (especially Essendon) I can only imagine your mocking of him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His ceiling is as a depth player. He has no elite attributes to have a consistent impact at this level.

Not his fault he keeps getting picked, I understand this week as the cupboard is bare. But if the list was a bit more healthy he should be having a very long spell in the twos.

Last edited:
I would actually rather watch Lazarro run around and completely spud it up than this bloke do **** all week after week.

His confidence is shot. Just another example of a coach that has no idea how to develop players. Keep playing a bloke that is down on confidence until you completely destroy him………. masterstroke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back