Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

How about that for a 180!

Should have moved forward, at least for 5 minute bursts. Only target that looked threatening in the air when there was some traffic.

Seems to hav gone back in his shell a little since moving back, need to be a little more attacking.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah nah.

Not even close to going back into his shell.

When the aerial bombs of the first half were coming in regular as clockwork, he was dominant.

When they lowered the eyes and dragged him up field he had no influence.

Nothing to do with anything between the ears, it was simply a matter of good opposition coaching.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

His marking has become elite and his decision making has improved markedly in the past month. It's as if he has had an epiphany and finally "gets" AFL football.

Still need to work on that running ground ball though Maj.
There are some guys - I was known to say it about Luke Delaney and it may eventually become the case for Nielsen - that "ok as long as he keeps it simple" is a euphemism for "FFS just give it to someone competent".

In Maj's case I think it's a genuine testament to his improving footy sense. I've said this to you: playing back has been an excellent aid to his concentration issues. He could get away with drifting in and out of the game up forward but in defense he doesn't have the luxury.

The most exciting part of that will be him doing it from CHF

I think this might be the go if Waite (likely) retires.

Daw forward and resting ruck.
McKay backline.

Can swap if needed.
It's time.

Larkey probably still a year or so away physically from playing full seasons in the AFL so will be ready to step into Brown / Daw's role around this time.

Nice article on Foxfooty about Maj who is now apparently rated an elite defender by CD. I can't be arsed posting the article and GR will be along shortly I'm sure, but this bit at the end piqued my interest

No, but North Melbourne supporters now unequivocally and unashamedly believe in Majak.

Not sure about this one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about this one

A run of 4 solid games doesn't quite equate to that, but I see no reason as to why his sudden "awakening" of football smarts should dissipate.

He's just unbelieeeeeeeevably lucky that he got so long on the list to arrive at this point, and he should thank his very lucky stars every time he puts on a North jumper. There's plenty that weren't given that chance.

A run of 4 solid games doesn't quite equate to that, but I see no reason as to why his sudden "awakening" of football smarts should dissipate.

Just a big softie at the end of the day aren't you Tef? There's some Kumbaya in there, I know it

I don't quite agree that Maj will be a top 5 BNF finisher as touted by others but there is a part in the article which outlines this is the first time he's played more than 9 games in a season in ten years on an AFL list, and it's corresponding with his best play. I'd much rather have him than not have him at this point

Just a big softie at the end of the day aren't you Tef? There's some Kumbaya in there, I know it

I don't quite agree that Maj will be a top 5 BNF finisher as touted by others but there is a part in the article which outlines this is the first time he's played more than 9 games in a season in ten years on an AFL list, and it's corresponding with his best play. I'd much rather have him than not have him at this point

Nothing "soft" about it mate. I always call it as I see it. He's finally playing a solid functional role in the side.

The previous bizarre Majak adoration is for the people that collect stuffed animals, teaspoons etc.

Y'know, "twits"

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back