AFL Autopsy 1 point (technical) win vs the Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

baldwin & tex need another go, both has good showings in the vfl today. tsatas needs another game with time in the middle. backline looks s**t without ridley. duz needs to be fitter. starts well but hits a cliff hard

big question marks on mcgrath & hepps future

Hepp is 31, he still has some ripper games but other times it's clear that he's well past his best.

McGrath on the other hand should be entering his prime but he's getting worse and worse. He peaked in that elimination final loss vs WCE.

That was horrendous.

Actually thought during the warm up that we looked sluggish and tired. And that was during the warm up.

Players need a bit of a rocket.

Think North will break their drought next week against us.

Hepp is 31, he still has some ripper games but other times it's clear that he's well past his best.

McGrath on the other hand should be entering his prime but he's getting worse and worse. He peaked in that elimination final loss vs WCE.
i’m a defender of heppall but the writings on the wall. too slow, his skills are lacking, all i’ve been impressed with is his dedication to at least making an effort. mcgrath’s been in the system since 2017, and the only thing i’ve been impressed with by him this year is this ability to generally hold small forwards to small impact. his kicking has gotten worse i feel and it makes the teams job harder

It ended up being a better win than if we won by 5 goals believe it or not.

We were awful. No doubt the worst we’ve played this year. If Geelong played us today it’s a 100+ loss.

However, WC had that game in the bag with momentum, territory, run etc. Those last 2 minutes were worth more than anything in the other 120 or so minutes. Big moments happened that would never have occurred if we fell in by a couple of goals. So we can take something out of this game largely due our ineptitude for the most part giving us that opportunity.

Zerk, Parish, Menzie, Perkins, Langers, Zach all had these big moment scenarios that got us over the line and that might count for something down the track.
Don't forget the umpire bouncing the ball favourably in our way too.

Im really not sure why anyone cares about winning over these last 4 weeks

The writing was on the wall vs the dogs

Were still a way off and no chance without Stringer, Ridley, Draper ect. Rather get better picks
drapes being injured opened the door for bryan to show that he’s worth keeping around. only positive from my perspective. there’s a gaping hole where ridley played that can’t be filled by anyone on our list. his game knowledge and skills are elite and keeps the rest of the backline in check

We will know after the first third of next season whether Scott is another woosha….returning to grow his retirement assets. Driven by money not desire to win. It’s hard to resurrect any career. The team has completely lost the structure of the first half. Maybe Lloyd’s right. Constantly talking about the long term doesn’t work. Got to hurt if you don’t win or don’t try. Get ready for board to extend Scott’s contract after one average win next year. Woosha repeats. I hope Scott’s still got it. I’m not giving up yet but Baldwins absence again today raises alone of many questions question.

This doesn’t sound like you’re giving him a fair go at all. Bad user name to content ratio here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will know after the first third of next season whether Scott is another woosha….returning to grow his retirement assets. Driven by money not desire to win. It’s hard to resurrect any career. The team has completely lost the structure of the first half. Maybe Lloyd’s right. Constantly talking about the long term doesn’t work. Got to hurt if you don’t win or don’t try. Get ready for board to extend Scott’s contract after one average win next year. Woosha repeats. I hope Scott’s still got it. I’m not giving up yet but Baldwins absence again today raises alone of many questions question.
Yep lets **** off Scott.

Maybe when we go through another 7 coaches we'll realize our list boss is the problem.

drapes being injured opened the door for bryan to show that he’s worth keeping around. only positive from my perspective. there’s a gaping hole where ridley played that can’t be filled by anyone on our list. his game knowledge and skills are elite and keeps the rest of the backline in check
If youve got Bryan in your ruck, you arent doing anything

Im really not sure why anyone cares about winning over these last 4 weeks

The writing was on the wall vs the dogs

Were still a way off and no chance without Stringer, Ridley, Draper ect. Rather get better picks
Because not caring about the wins is how the team has looked for the last decade, playing for draft picks over winning is rubbish, we’ve pretty much been in the bottom half for how long now? Hows those draft picks been working out with our teams shit lack of effort?
Im ok with losing if it’s seeing the backs of players who aren’t apart of the future of this team and getting games into possible future having a crack

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy 1 point (technical) win vs the Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back