Player Watch #10 Aaron Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know how many games the coaches need to conclude that Francis is never going to be an AFL standard key defender. Gets outpointed, outpositioned, and outfought by any decent key forward.

I don’t know how many games the coaches need to conclude that Francis is never going to be an AFL standard key defender. Gets outpointed, outpositioned, and outfought by any decent key forward.
He is appalling defensively but the worst part for me is that he is completely uncreative offensively too. Just dump kicks it down the line with every possession.

He is appalling defensively but the worst part for me is that he is completely uncreative offensively too. Just dump kicks it down the line with every possession.
He is allergic to manning up which is crucial in our system because Blakey is the man that comes off his man to spoil the ball cause he actually has pace

He is average but he’s probably the most “ready” in a break glass situation in a final do I love the thought of it no but I do get it from a coaching perspective. It makes me want to throw up at the thought of Francis in a final though

He simply needs to go into every contest with the sole intent of punching the ball as far as possible.

Every. Single. Contest.
Punch the ball and then kick it long down the line if he has the rock is probably the easiest way to teach him

He simply needs to go into every contest with the sole intent of punching the ball as far as possible.

Every. Single. Contest.
He simply needs to rack off back to where ever he came from and not play in our best 22 ever again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He tries hard he makes poor decisions before it gets to his contest, I think he should play forward...in the VFL.

i see why they like him, he will work, bit of Ryan Clarke vibe

True im tired.

I think he was caught in spots tonight that weren't his fault, he looks like he fs up more on tv
I think most of us would rather just the prospect of higher upside of Snell/Edwards next year than the known 5/6 stinkers from Francis. Thankful he didn't play an average/good game tonight, need him out of the club next year

True im tired.

I think he was caught in spots tonight that weren't his fault, he looks like he fs up more on tv
Melican did a bunch of really good stuff tonight but was out marked 5 times by Thilthorpe for 3 goals. Francis was pushed in the back by Tex for a mark and goal.
He wasn't sensational but he wasn't dreadful.

I think most of us would rather just the prospect of higher upside of Snell/Edwards next year than the known 5/6 stinkers from Francis. Thankful he didn't play an average/good game tonight, need him out of the club next year

Unless he is cheap depth, but yeah imho play forward

We was good when the ball was kicked high to a marking contest with a few decisive spoils. Unfortunately a couple went directly to an Adelaide player but the intent was good.

However, he was completely at sea with everything else, particularly poor when the ball hit the deck and no idea when he had to move the ball on.

I really can't see why would persist with him beyond this year even for depth as he is not up to AFL standard. Either we back in Snell, Arnold and Edwards or go and find someone who's better than Francis from outside the club.

The vitriol this guy cops is wild. Not just here but from people in the crowd, too. When you’re looking for mistakes it’s easy to find them from any player. He’s a backup, which means every time he’s in the team our core backline structure has been affected. He goes alright in that context. Do I hope we find more effective players for the future? Yeah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #10 Aaron Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back