Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

You're one of very few on here that rate him (no idea why).

And yet somehow you seem to think you are right and the rest of us are wrong.

Truly bizarre.
Im not rating him.

The message I AM TRYING to give is that the level of crap that is written about him is way over the top now. His performances are not anywhere near as deserving of the nuffie hatred he is getting.

Clear?

The club won't miss your pittance. Nor your vitriol.

And don't bother coming back after McDonald is gone.
Nah, i’ll sign up my family and I once again as soon as he’s gone. I’ll be a member if he isn’t captain next year.

Fair bit of revenue the club will lose if he isnt stood down. I am not the only one thats had enough of the onfield leadership.

You do realise in a member run club, the only way to voice opinion and dissatisfaction is by pulling the funding? Ive given feedback and if he is Captain again I will pull the memberships, mates are going to pull their memberships, if you look at facebook, there are quite a few on there too. Gee bar revenue, merch, raffle tickets, family day spending. **** him, his dad and you

Last edited:

Clear? Who the F do you think you are?

He was responding to a post that obviously misunderstood his position. Tried to make it "clear".

i'm 100% with Krakouer Bonar here - sure, Luke's been disappointing and I've been regularly critical of him in this thread. Indeed, I can't wait for the day when he's not close to best 22. But the level of disrespect toward him by some posters is disgraceful.

He was responding to a post that obviously misunderstood his position. Tried to make it "clear".

i'm 100% with Krakouer Bonar here - sure, Luke's been disappointing and I've been regularly critical of him in this thread. Indeed, I can't wait for the day when he's not close to best 22. But the level of disrespect toward him by some posters is disgraceful.
Nah, fair and warranted. You have a Jy avatar. I include him but he’s just hanging onto best 22

And to be "clear" on another matter, I f***ing detest your ongoing abuse of Jy. To the point that I've stopped reading the thread.
Abuse? He’s one of our highest paid players contracted to 3039, cant kick, cant handball, cant lead.. we should all just celebrate? The way the team is playing is because of our two inspirational leaders. Talk is cheap.

Im not rating him.

The message I AM TRYING to give is that the level of crap that is written about him is way over the top now. His performances are not anywhere near as deserving of the nuffie hatred he is getting.

Clear?

Most people are basically frustrated because he is seemingly untouchable in terms of being best 22 when his performances mostly suggest otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand that. But boy - the hatred - is over the top.

I think that comes from seeing the same things over and over again each week and nothing changes. This made worse by our overall poor performance each week.

We all want to see standards improve but I don't think we see that with LMac and he should be leading from the front as Captain.

Best case scenario I think is that he's stripped of the captaincy and has to fight for his spot next year.

Not sure about the hatred as such and if you believe there is, then it's probably borne out of the whole, woeful mess we've had to endure over the last 5 years. We're over it and things have to change.

Agree. Jy goes pretty well, I think. Played OK in the wins we had.

Not really the thread for it but in my mind, JY is no longer the player he was mainly due to the concussions. At best, I would describe his season as inconsistent. Seen too many examples of poor on-field leadership from him this season unfortunately.

Based on that, I don't think he is suitable for Captaincy going forward either.

Im not rating him.

Clear?
Yes they are mate. Worst left footer strolling the planet.

Agree. Jy goes pretty well, I think. Played OK in the wins we had.
His best game if his career was against the worst side in the comp.. hang your hat on it. Absentee leader. Will never forgive him not getting around CCJ, NEVER! Not even ultra clubman Mcdonald could conjur up the decency to up and tap the bloke on the shoulder. Selfish knobs with their own little cliques. Thats who they are and thats why the leadership votes were split the way they were. **** THAT. Middle school tweenies. Not a leaders bone in their bodies.

I hope, i ****ing hope the rumours i heard from Lukes exit meeting are true, even 80% true.. 🙏

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back