List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

We can scare everyone else with salary and trade bait, it also seems Houston is looking for the right fit in Victoria (yes, yes he's said he doesn't want to leave Port) instead of just picking Collingwood and saying get it done. Dropping out on Melbourne was telling, he could be an addition that steadies them back into finals but the atmosphere clearly sucked. I'd say the deeper truth is he just wants to come to Victoria and Port are presenting as unwilling even though they may well have already brought in his replacement via FA.
I reckon this is spot on. How many established players with their team in a Prelim this week would be getting discussed like this with the club barely concerned about it. He's on the market and it's just price that is the quibble. Bold is 100% spot on IMO.

Us being the only club with the currency to get Houston is really going to test how strong his desire is to return back to Melbourne.

Maybe, maybe not. Plays like Parker and this have a cumulative effect. If we can get one over the line early they reinforce each other. I know we're still way behind the pack but I've said for a while a few players will make the leap early on faith and be rewarded hansomly for it when the ship turns.

BTW Parker looking likely just reinforces why we want him. He's exactly what we want. A hard nosed leader that doesn't look at a team at the bottom and think no way, but thinks yeah, I can be one of the blokes that drags them up the ladder. Big tick.

Unless you want to get to Geelong, Brisbane, GWS or the Swans I think it is too hard to try and predict which clubs will be realistic contenders over the next few years. There are a lot of mediocre teams in the comp, it wouldn't surprise me if we leapfrog a lot of them once we get our shit together. Carlton is way too inconsistent to be a realistic contender. A lot of clubs are in the Brad Scott zone where they look okay but tend to implode when it matters.

Does Garcia suit us at all? Not really familiar with his game.
Absolute ball pig and tackler. Undersized half-forward/mid who uses it well. A definite upgrade on our accumulating half forwards. Struggled for mid time at the dogs.

IMG_3338.png

Parker should be our priority.

Two things will increase our chances.

Swans getting rolled tomorrow and us flying Sheezel, Wardlaw and Archer to Sydney so he can look into the soul of those three young warriors and decide I want to teach and protect these kids.

We should have bought some front row seats for these three and tell them no matter what don't drop eye contact with Parker. Would be like the viral marketing for that movie Smile although I didn't want to watch it so now I'm all torn up.

We should have bought some front row seats for these three and tell them no matter what don't drop eye contact with Parker. Would be like the viral marketing for that movie Smile although I didn't want to watch it so now I'm all torn up.
Did you forget to change accounts Arthur?

It appears that we have now got Darling so moving on from there l see the other players of note for us are: Parker, Houston, Garcia, Konstanty, Richards. If we can anything from 2 upwards of these players then l will take it as a win...

Absolute ball pig and tackler. Undersized half-forward/mid who uses it well. A definite upgrade on our accumulating half forwards. Struggled for mid time at the dogs.

View attachment 2114719
I'd give a 3rd rounder easily for him.
Worth a pick in the 30s imo.
Basically what we don't have but we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t be against Jack Martin as a DFA
he'll choose almost anyone else before he chooses us. We aren't contending, and our S&D team haven't really shown themselves to be miracle workers

Richmond too.
Candidly, I'm surprised that Richmond has not been mentioned more in the media for any of the player trade discussions. They'll have a heap of good picks and a heap of cap space. Sure they'll use some picks in the draft, but they have enough to also use on trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back