Player Watch #11 Tom Papley

Remove this Banner Ad

paps1.jpg

Tom Papley

Player Profile

Tom Papley swapped his plumbing tools for a Sherrin when the Sydney Swans sprung a draft surprise in 2015 – and the pocket-rocket forward has since become a crucial member of coach John Longmire’s side. Papley has played 20 or more senior games in every one of his four full seasons in the AFL and was at his best in 2019, topping Sydney’s goal-kicking leaderboard and finishing fourth in the Bob Skilton Medal voting. The Gippsland Power product took on more time in the midfield in 2019 and is likely to again split his time between the forward line and centre bounce this year. Papley was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in 2017. Draft history: 2016 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 12; 2016 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney).

Tom Papley
DOB: 13 July 1996
DEBUT:2016
DRAFT: 2016
RECRUITED FROM: Bunyip (Vic)/Gippsland U18

Last edited by a moderator:
Fear for Papley that this is a month or two on the sidelines but hopefully the young guns can step up in his absence. That being Campbell, Corey, potentially Cleary or Sheldrick can get into the side and make a selection headache come finals

You don't know , some do . All good have a nice day
That's fine. Just odd that you would choose to actively participate in a forum whilst making it quite evident that you refuse to contribute anything of detail or substance. Like why bother wasting your time? What value is a post highlighting that you know something, without mentioning what it is? Are you after a clap or something? It's useless to everyone, and you're not impressive for letting everyone know that you're in the know.

And when others want more clarification from your posts - short replies with self-warranted arrogance is a weird flex. For someone who constantly stone walls everyone with 'have a good day' because they don't want their time wasted, it's ironic that you waste your time on a forum.

Apologies if i've completely misunderstood. But who cares who knows? It's an ankle injury not dick pics.

That's fine. Just odd that you would choose to actively participate in a forum whilst making it quite evident that you refuse to contribute anything of detail or substance. Like why bother wasting your time? What value is a post highlighting that you know something, without mentioning what it is? Are you after a clap or something? It's useless to everyone, and you're not impressive for letting everyone know that you're in the know.

And when others want more clarification from your posts - short replies with self-warranted arrogance is a weird flex. For someone who constantly stone walls everyone with 'have a good day' because they don't want their time wasted, it's ironic that you waste your time on a forum.

Apologies if i've completely misunderstood. But who cares who knows? It's an ankle injury not dick pics.
Your last 2 words sum it up .
All i try is to give a heads up if i know something that helps , but you don't divulge sources
Just sometimes crap is posted and if i can help with the truth so be it .
Hopefully we might know something earlier and the latest is maybe 6 and that might be a good outcome.
The sad thing is that he'd gone to another level , so hard to hold and his ability top kick both sides helps so much

Your last 2 words sum it up .
All i try is to give a heads up if i know something that helps , but you don't divulge sources
Just sometimes crap is posted and if i can help with the truth so be it .
Hopefully we might know something earlier and the latest is maybe 6 and that might be a good outcome.
The sad thing is that he'd gone to another level , so hard to hold and his ability top kick both sides helps so much
Fair, soz was just annoyed.

No ones telling you to give up sources, I highly doubt you have these sources scouring our forum looking to bust divulgees, let alone track who's who. And you can probably rest assured that you're not the only one who's been given info, and neither the only one who's passed info along. So irekn you're safe lol.

So are you saying it's worst case 6 weeks or best case would be 6 weeks?

Fair, soz was just annoyed.

No ones telling you to give up sources, I highly doubt you have these sources scouring our forum looking to bust divulgees, let alone track who's who. And you can probably rest assured that you're not the only one who's been given info, and neither the only one who's passed info along. So irekn you're safe lol.

So are you saying it's worst case 6 weeks or best case would be 6 weeks?
Maybe best.

Have a feeling you might be right. If so, potential prelim or GF - but could also easily be season done.

There's different grades can be a 5-6 weeker, can be 2 months plus, the grade is everything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have been during finals , wouldn't that be worse !
Exactly wat I was thinking. Now gives some time to someone to get used to the role and build some form going into finals.

Suffice to say the timing could not of been worse!

Small forward role up for grabs!
I wonder if Konstanty is in the think8ng. His defensive pressure has been good the last few times I have watched him and he seems to get around the ground a bit. Co Warner or Wicks is most likely I presume but there maybe a few others putting their hand up.

Who will that player be? remember we arent just losing a quality small forward we are losing his impact in the middle as well.
Whoever it is it’s a downgrade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #11 Tom Papley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back