Player Watch #40 Tom Hanily - welcome to the Bloods

Remove this Banner Ad

It was stated that but looks to play a fair bit of midfield

“Tom Hanily (Gippsland/Leongatha): 2023 was Hanily’s top-aged campaign but it was heavily interrupted by injury so he will remain firmly on recruiters’ radars next year. When he did play, though, he proved he has AFL-attributes, averaging 22 disposals and five tackles in his seven games this year. Is a smaller midfielder who has strong stoppage craft, wins his own footy, has strong endurance and makes sound decisions.

Also saw a post of him getting 32 disposals in a game as a mid earlier this year.

Might have been taken as cover for Sheldrick given his recent injury and our late notice for extra depth as much as anything.
I thought that too (Sheldrick cover) - but I’m not sure you take a 19 year old as short term cover.

Instead, I do wonder if it provides a read into Konstanty’s future at the club.

Or …. heaven forbid …. even Gus.

Gawd - now I’m getting paranoid!

I thought that too (Sheldrick cover) - but I’m not sure you take a 19 year old as short term cover.

Instead, I do wonder if it provides a read into Konstanty’s future at the club.

Or …. heaven forbid …. even Gus.

Gawd - now I’m getting paranoid!
Don't you're on the money . Aints will try Konstanty , but you'd rather go elsewhere

What do you get if you cross Paps, Hanners and James Sicily ?

Welcome Tom Hanily !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to know “the why” for this choice. My guesses, in order of what I think is most likely to least likely:

1. Swans think they are lacking in the small forward department (and maybe the wrestler will be moved on / wants to move on next year)

2. Swans went with best available, and thought risk-reward was too good to pass on.

3. Hayward is out the door next year and Swans are thinking of canning his position structurally, and switching to a smaller forward line next year

Maybe a combo of all three? Maybe something else?

I love these videos!

When you get selected for something you have been aiming for your entire life it's a moment you never forget.

The family getting around him definitely brought a smile to my face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #40 Tom Hanily - welcome to the Bloods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back