Player Watch #11 Tom Papley

Remove this Banner Ad

paps1.jpg

Tom Papley

Player Profile

Tom Papley swapped his plumbing tools for a Sherrin when the Sydney Swans sprung a draft surprise in 2015 – and the pocket-rocket forward has since become a crucial member of coach John Longmire’s side. Papley has played 20 or more senior games in every one of his four full seasons in the AFL and was at his best in 2019, topping Sydney’s goal-kicking leaderboard and finishing fourth in the Bob Skilton Medal voting. The Gippsland Power product took on more time in the midfield in 2019 and is likely to again split his time between the forward line and centre bounce this year. Papley was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in 2017. Draft history: 2016 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 12; 2016 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney).

Tom Papley
DOB: 13 July 1996
DEBUT:2016
DRAFT: 2016
RECRUITED FROM: Bunyip (Vic)/Gippsland U18

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I mean into the current side, Warner is already in
If only Rampe and Papley miss and Mills returns i don't see a way in which he gets into the 22, could see him get into the sub role but think he needs full games to build confidence and a good body of performance. Also don't know whats going on with Rowbottom yet as i didn't see him mentioned on the medical report. If Rowbottoms back then it probable means that Corey remains as sub

If only Rampe and Papley miss and Mills returns i don't see a way in which he gets into the 22, could see him get into the sub role but think he needs full games to build confidence and a good body of performance. Also don't know whats going on with Rowbottom yet as i didn't see him mentioned on the medical report. If Rowbottoms back then it probable means that Corey remains as sub

Big IF but if it's just Rampe Papley out then Mills and Rowbottom in , that's probably the change , Warner sub.

Forward will be rotating mids ?

Big IF but if it's just Rampe Papley out then Mills and Rowbottom in , that's probably the change , Warner sub.

Forward will be rotating mids ?
Yep i think that Parker & Adams can play the 4th mid role and also be goal sneaks up forward and Mills can play where ever there is a spot fire

Yep i think that Parker & Adams can play the 4th mid role and also be goal sneaks up forward and Mills can play where ever there is a spot fire

Yeah agree

Even Warner can push forward

I’d prefer to see a Heeney/Parker combo - and the young Warner or Wicks as the crumber.
I would agree if Hayward went down that Heeney/Chad should spend more time up forward to give us a marking target but if Hayward gets up this week i think you try and keep the midfield unchanged and try out Corey/Parker in those positions. Parker played 24% CBAs and yes was probably used around the ground stoppages more but feel like he can still be useful up forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just need juzzy to pull through and we're not in a half bad situation along with Rampe out for 4. Almost like a forced rest to guarantee them for finals.
Rampe it seems is a test to play so i reckon they will be precautionary and rest him this week to just play the long game. Juzz is somewhere between 1-4 weeks from now to return so they will also probably play the long game for him and just get him fit and firing for finals rather than chuck them in early

Just sometimes crap is posted and if i can help with the truth so be it .
erm nathan fillion.gif

Not sure if i posted this before . At Xmas 2022 Logan was home in Perth having dinner with family , only a dinner guest was a Freo recruiter who was invited by the parents to get him home . Logan was seething and said im a Blood piss off

From a Bulldogs source who would know , they offered a straight swap with Ugle -Hagen for Gulden , not accepted by us.

homer facepalm.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #11 Tom Papley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back