Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

I've expressed my opinion forcefully at times that our senior players have been disciplined and this indiscipline has cost us games so I won't repeat those posts.

Sometimes however an example, in some way, has to be made of an undisciplined player to stop further indiscipline.
Yes, but it seems like an over-reaction and I think the negatives far outweigh any positives.

I think you can edit your own thread titles now by editing the OP, by the way.

LT is to valuable to us, especially that he is over his yips, who-ever thinks we should trade him are you F****** nuts!

5.12 Kangatime
12.0 Hunters Host #3
22.17 Hatchy 1992
30.15 King Corey
31.22 Bigeasy
32.20 dibikins
32.23 ArjenThe Great
33.21 LETSGOKANGAS
35.23 Enigimal
35.25 Marklovesbeer
37.19 True North
37.22 Shinboner Baz
38.18 Twinkletoes
38.22 Dan
38.28 ansonholt
39.18 Dark Phoenix
39.23 RobZombie
39.28 roodav
39.30 stoja
40.21 TPA
40.23 Woodson
41.19 shinboner magic
41.21 Flawed Genius
41.26 The Big Lebowski
42,25 B Tron
42.28 r_boy
43.12 shintemaster
43.20 Spitta2Azza
44.27 HtB
44.34 muttley45
Lindsay Thomas 45.17
45.21 John Dorian
45.29 SpiderBurton22
46.18 Jlind78
47.21 lots of fun
48.26 Kcrack
48.31 Moose Malloy
49.25 tazaa
50.30 Daz
51.23 naturally north
51.28 Roobound
51.29 SMaturin
56.31 astrovic
60.2 Pez

Too bad he got suspended, would probably be 50 goals+ already.

How good were his goals?

The classy snags were down my end. The front/centre was sublime. The dummy goal and the blind turn goal.

One positive from the season is his return to form and development. Hopefully rewarded with AA honours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome back LT!!! What a star. No more stupid stuff and AA honours are a certainty

In 2011 articles like this were rife. By mid way through 2011 Lindsay kicked 17.29 he got the ball enough for a small forward but couldn't convert from pretty much anywhere.

In 2011 if LT was 15 meters out directly in front I would close my eyes and hope that somehow he could shake the yips that plagues him and kick truly. He toiled and worked and it has come to the fruition of him being incredibly accurate now,

2012 - 38.19
2013 - 45.17(and it ain't over).

LT is an example of how the wheel turns. It is also an example Brad Scott coaching a player though issues to come out the others side.

In 2013 North have gotten themselves into what should be match winning leads in 6 games and lost them.

The wheel turns.

The things that have been so hard to take this year will be what makes when this team win much more enjoyable.

Great post OF. This board is largely dominated by doomsdayists most of the time but it's clear for anyone with half a brain that the future will be bright for our club. Whether that leads to a premiership or not I don't know. But we will taste finals success again soon and this season's woes will only make the good times sweeter

In 2011 articles like this were rife. By mid way through 2011 Lindsay kicked 17.29 he got the ball enough for a small forward but couldn't convert from pretty much anywhere.

In 2011 if LT was 15 meters out directly in front I would close my eyes and hope that somehow he could shake the yips that plagues him and kick truly. He toiled and worked and it has come to the fruition of him being incredibly accurate now,

2012 - 38.19
2013 - 45.17(and it ain't over).

LT is an example of how the wheel turns. It is also an example Brad Scott coaching a player though issues to come out the others side.

In 2013 North have gotten themselves into what should be match winning leads in 6 games and lost them.

The wheel turns.

The things that have been so hard to take this year will be what makes when this team win much more enjoyable.

Greatest post ive read all year. :thumbsu:

Yeah I once met a guy with water on the brain, we were in a sauna . I said **** its hot in here, he just whistled!!

Oh, you said half a brain, never mind play through.

A very simplistic view IMO, Brad or the local drunk could give out advice, LT did it by himself for himself , if we had another ten LT types we'd be clear on top.

But clearly we're the only side that will improve next season so as they say the world is our Austar. Which is handy cause free to air sucks if your a North fan

From what I am reading the wheel is turning on Jacobs in a more inside role. There is obvious upside to his fitness from where he came from and the 8kg he has put on.

Adams of course could be used in the square where he is reportedly makes a significant difference in clearances. He may also get that one touch back.

The wheel is turning. We may see Atley on the wing next year.

We also may be aggressive in the off season with our cap room.

Hansen came back a better forward. And crickey he looks a much better player down back (dry).

That said the wheel has gone a few clicks back for Harper, Wright, McMahon, Firrito. Probably stopped for LA.

A very simplistic view IMO, Brad or the local drunk could give out advice, LT did it by himself for himself , if we had another ten LT types we'd be clear on top.

But clearly we're the only side that will improve next season so as they say the world is our Austar. Which is handy cause free to air sucks if your a North fan

Simplistic perhaps.

However I didn't say this was OF's all encompassing theory of how we will get better I merely drew a line between LT and his turn around, to what I believe will happen with the team.

You are right getting better has to come largely from the players. Much responsibility is about to be place on some young shoulders.

I cannot comment on how big of a role Brad played with Lindsay other than offering the thought that I am sure he had over sight of what was taking place, therefore has to take some of the plaudits for the turn around.

I cannot comment on how big of a role Brad played with Lindsay other than offering the thought that I am sure he had over sight of what was taking place, therefore has to take some of the plaudits for the turn around.

For certain OF.

I'm sure Lindsay appreciated the faith that Brad showed in him, and ultimately Lindsay's hard work and dedication has paid dividends for himself and the club he loves so much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back