Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Team kicks 20+ goals yesterday and he didn't kick one....

getridof

Totally know this was a humorous post.

Melbournes best player yesterday was probably Dunn....who played like a useless Crowley...kept Lindsay goal-less yes..but Craig let boomer run free...boomer must have felt like Xmas had come early. Haha

I'm sure Lindsay appreciated the faith that Brad showed in him, and ultimately Lindsay's hard work and dedication has paid dividends for himself and the club he loves so much.

LT spoke about the wheel turning on Marngrook a few weeks ago and he repeatedly said "the coach had so much confidence in me, and he played me when I probably didn't deserve it (rings bells), but he persisted with me and I can't thank him enough."

It perhaps helps explain why he's done similar with other blokes lacking form. He's a player's coach and the players love him for it.

LT spoke about the wheel turning on Marngrook a few weeks ago and he repeatedly said "the coach had so much confidence in me, and he played me when I probably didn't deserve it (rings bells), but he persisted with me and I can't thank him enough."

It perhaps helps explain why he's done similar with other blokes lacking form. He's a player's coach and the players love him for it.

Just need the players to all follow LT's path and repay the faith shown in them.

Great post OF - I'm on my way to the MCG right now to queue up for tickets.

Would have thought you'd be a bigger fan of naturally north's post...

From what I am reading the wheel is turning on Jacobs in a more inside role. There is obvious upside to his fitness from where he came from and the 8kg he has put on.

Adams of course could be used in the square where he is reportedly makes a significant difference in clearances. He may also get that one touch back.

The wheel is turning. We may see Atley on the wing next year.

We also may be aggressive in the off season with our cap room.

Hansen came back a better forward. And crickey he looks a much better player down back (dry).

That said the wheel has gone a few clicks back for Harper, Wright, McMahon, Firrito. Probably stopped for LA.
Fallen off.

My only issue with selecting players badly out of form and showing faith in them is that it doesn't help everybody. Some players will pull themselves out of the rut faster if they get dropped, so it should be horses for courses approach.

There are question marks no doubt.

Patch is a prime example, down after the 2 recos and no preseason has not been out of the side. The question is will his 2014 be better because we played him all year in the ones? Proof pudding and all that.

We seem to have a culture where players often want to pay back the club because when talented players are injured we often show faith and re-sign them. It is in part why I would hate to see Taz be traded, for mine he's not off limits but the deal would have to be absolutely perfect for it to happen.

I was thinking of the Chris-Brad Parrallel.

Will there come a time in the next few years whereby Geelong slips down the ladder and we slip up the ladder and the role reversals of these two Coaches are changed?

It really is a lemon shit sandwich watching Chris walking into that team of champions....a gifted man or a a gifted Coach? Hard to tell isnt it?

Yes, premierships are so easy to come by.

He walked straight into one.

Same as Selwood. Had he have ended up at NMFC would a Premiership have fallen in his lap? Unlikely.

Both were in the right place at the right time.

Its the talent that makes the team, not the other way around...which always bemuses me when the Coach is first out the door.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He walked straight into one.

Same as Selwood. Had he have ended up at NMFC would a Premiership have fallen in his lap? Unlikely.

Both were in the right place at the right time.

Its the talent that makes the team, not the other way around...which always bemuses me when the Coach is first out the door.

It also bemuses me, but at the end of 2010 the good judges thought Geelong were shot. Since then they have won a flag, finished 6th, and are now in prime position for another shot at a flag despite blooding stacks of new talent. He has done something right.

Gawd, who would have thought way back then as Chris Tarrant rubbished LT off the ground at that awful, awful Pies debacle.

Luve ya LT.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...hieve-your-goals/story-fni5f986-1226689755138

Was that 2011? I was at both games with my Collingwood brother in-law. Soul destroying, and that is the kindest thing to be said.

I think LT actually kicked it out on the full when standing at the top of the goal square.

If he gets rid of the whining he will be a real star.

Was that 2011? I was at both games with my Collingwood brother in-law. Soul destroying, and that is the kindest thing to be said.

I think LT actually kicked it out on the full when standing at the top of the goal square.

If he gets rid of the whining he will be a real star.

Indeed...I went to Rd 1 with Orange Peanut and I left disgusted at 3Q time.

Second game went with a Pie friend, no better and left 10 min into last Q disgusted.

The only emotion for the whole day was Chris T giving it to LT after the kick you mentioned.

Hated all Tarrants until Robbie started kicking goals last year...:thumbsu::rolleyes:

I know some posters have said it, but I heard someone from our club's medical staff comment that North would be unstoppable if everyone had Lindsay's heart, passion and desperation to do well. I don't care if he throws his head or arms when he's held or hit, as long as he throws himself at the contest as he does.

5.12 Kangatime
12.0 Hunters Host #3
22.17 Hatchy 1992
30.15 King Corey
31.22 Bigeasy
32.20 dibikins
32.23 ArjenThe Great
33.21 LETSGOKANGAS
35.23 Enigimal
35.25 Marklovesbeer
37.19 True North
37.22 Shinboner Baz
38.18 Twinkletoes
38.22 Dan
38.28 ansonholt
39.18 Dark Phoenix
39.23 RobZombie
39.28 roodav
39.30 stoja
40.21 TPA
40.23 Woodson
41.19 shinboner magic
41.21 Flawed Genius
41.26 The Big Lebowski
42,25 B Tron
42.28 r_boy
43.12 shintemaster
43.20 Spitta2Azza
44.27 HtB
44.34 muttley45
45.21 John Dorian
45.29 SpiderBurton22
46.18 Jlind78
47.21 lots of fun
48.26 Kcrack
48.31 Moose Malloy
Lindsay Thomas 48.21
49.25 tazaa
50.30 Daz
51.23 naturally north
51.28 Roobound
51.29 SMaturin
56.31 astrovic
60.2 Pez

Whoops edited then forgot to update the goals. I have him ahead of Kcrack and Moose due to him kicking less behinds.

Umpires: don't give LT anything
He can discuss it with Boomer. Umpires don't like looking silly - don't give them reasons to stop protecting you, and you'll probably go back to getting your share.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back