Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

I think having Brad Scott as Senior coach is like having Ned Flanders as High school Principal.

In the time LT spent in the VFL, did he really show the desire, attitude and elite form that warrants a player getting selected in the seniors ?

Did plenty in his qtr and a bit, good to see him in full flight rather than piss ****ing around.

One thing I did love in the commentary was when they highlighted his work on the boundary line with players as they'd return to the interchange bench. No sulking, no "woe is me", just all team and helping wherever he could, ensuring kids like Sugar remained positive etc.

The break appears to have worked in having LT mentally on and enjoying his footy again, and we'll be much better off for that in the long run.

I think having Brad Scott as Senior coach is like having Ned Flanders as High school Principal.

In the time LT spent in the VFL, did he really show the desire, attitude and elite form that warrants a player getting selected in the seniors ?
How about that ... our paid, professional AFL coach actually knows what he's doing.

He played the sub role brilliantly last night.

He plays a full game next week against Carlton though, he averages 5 goals a game against them since 2010!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Garner, Turner and hopefully Harper/Nahas coming in to the side, I'd love to see Thomas given a permanent spot further up the ground. He seemed to play higher when he came on last night and he's perfectly suited to it, his kicking inside 50 is only behind Boomer and Dal in our team. I can see him being really damaging as a high half forward/winger and getting more of the footy.

With Garner, Turner and hopefully Harper/Nahas coming in to the side, I'd love to see Thomas given a permanent spot further up the ground. He seemed to play higher when he came on last night and he's perfectly suited to it, his kicking inside 50 is only behind Boomer and Dal in our team. I can see him being really damaging as a high half forward/winger and getting more of the footy.
Anything other than Thomas playing deep forward and us bombing the ball to him outnumbered and him trying to take mark of the year every time.

his effort is crap. Garner offers so much more pressure.

Had a rough night r_f? You're on the angry pills tonight. First full game back and, as LtK said above, he worked his way into it eventually. It was obvious he was working his arse off at repeat efforts and he overdid the unselfish stuff, but that's a good sign he's taking onboard whatever Braddles and co. have asked of him.

i reckon lt either was told not to be selfish or wasnt cpnfident but i dont get why pass off in front of goal easy one but goea for the harder shot on angle

It's obvious he's been told not to be so selfish, my question is what took so long to tell him, have the players had a 'leading teams' event?

That pass backwards to Higgins was one of the most bizarre things you'll ever see on a footy field. He was 15 out and passed it back 25 to a bloke on a slightly better angle.

I think he may have thought it was going to be a better angle than it was. plus it was always going to be a harder shot for a left footer. In hindsight it was unneeded but at the time I could understand his thinking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back