Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

he costs us games. he misses easy shots and people may say he's the scapegoat but seriously some of his misses cause momentum swings....

how hard is it to practice goal kicking and at least get close to 50/50

effective disposal... 39%..... lowest by far. 6 clangers leading the way.... ball use was shite and he missed some easy goals......

he is exciting and i dont want to bag him but i felt he was one reason we lost

Was actually 2.2 and one on the full. However, 2/5 is close to 50% as was suggested.

Also, I think the momentum changing miss on Saturday was Harper's (?? happy to be corrected).

And Wells was 1.2 and one that didn't make the distance so that's more like 25%

effective disposal... 39%..... lowest by far. 6 clangers leading the way.... ball use was shite and he missed some easy goals......

Can you answer my earlier question about what Champion Data consider to be an effective kick?

Can you answer my earlier question about what Champion Data consider to be an effective kick?

17 kicks to 1 handball.

Were our mids not running hard enough to receive a handball, is LT trying to make something happen, is he not following kick to handball ratio team instructions?

In any event 7 score involvements out of 27 shots is 25.9% of our scoring shots.

It was probably higher in the Richmond game last year and could have been higher on Sat.

I think thats a little bit harsh mate.

No doubt LT cost us games last year (I entirely agree), but I think there were many blokes in front of LT when naming the reasons why we lost - but LT seems to cop way more flak than other underperformers.

And Wells was 1.2 and one that didn't make the distance so that's more like 25%

LT had one that didn't make the distance as well. It's so unlike you to not give the full picture.

Question for you, was LT's attempt at a smother in the first quarter forward pressure or squibing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's also about being accountable.

6 clangers in a 2 point loss is dangerously close to being game defining.

He was terrific though, sort of, kinda.... yeah nah. Took a nice mark.

This bloke will play a massive role in our next premiership tilt. 17 other clubs will fall over themselves, trying to get him if he said he wanted to leave north.

I thought the support for the boys on the weekend was nothing short of spectacular... Just about the most blue and white I have seen at a game ever.

But during the week after watching countless replays and seeing exactly why we lost a game we should have won, the blow torch must be applied to senior players who can't do the simple things well enough for long enough.

Lindsay should be a superstar. He just isn't.

It all comes down to game changing, momentum sapping moments which unfortunately for Lindsay, he is clearly our worst offender when it comes to ****ing up golden opportunities.

Harper, Wells and Petrie whether it be by fatigue error or injury all had a hand in us losing on Saturday night.
LT did not.
Like i said if he was missing shots within 35 metres that is unforgivable.
But he didnt.
**** off for a couple of weeks.
Im astonished Brad Scott hasnt copped any criticism for what was clearly a very poor coaching performance.

Thomas was super on the weekend.
His best position is across half fwd/wing where he can get more of the ball.

Our real issues are that we really don't have a solid group of mid twenties players that can be relied on consistently.
Edwards,spud,hamish and swallow really need to take over from boomer and dish as real leaders of our club.
The young guys shouldn't really be the ones copping all the criticism when they are just trying to find their feet.

It all gets back to drafting Cunnington ahead of Rohan. And Rohan was a NM supporter as a kid with Stevo being his idol!!!!! I must've been 'busy' the day they taught AFL Draft at high school.

Harper, Wells and Petrie whether it be by fatigue error or injury all had a hand in us losing on Saturday night.
LT did not.
Like i said if he was missing shots within 35 metres that is unforgivable.
But he didnt.
**** off for a couple of weeks.
Im astonished Brad Scott hasnt copped any criticism for what was clearly a very poor coaching performance.
I think Brad Scott is a very poor coach, he has got no balls to make the hard decision's. Has cost us games before we even run out on the ground.

I think Brad Scott is a very poor coach, he has got no balls to make the hard decision's. Has cost us games before we even run out on the ground.

Hes a firm believer in that his game plan and his style will get us to become a successful team.
My only issue is his plan C and D.
He doesnt seem to have any which is farcical.
Whether it be a forward whos dominating, a midfielder thats killing us or a team having a run on he is not reactive enough to these issues.
Backing your players in each time is a good trait to have and you need to have it also- but were not a Geelong or a Collingwood. Things will not always go your way so instead of building group of methodical footballers id rather we have a group of smart footballers. The clinical part will come naturally IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back