Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm content to see their credibility attacked further by the club, and the issue put further under the microscope.

Learn some political tactics.

When your enemy comes at you with a weapon and drops it, you don't pick it up, dust it off and hand it back to them. You point that weapon at them and chase them all the way in to the abyss.

Mate, I'm as sick as you of our club being 'gracious' but I just don't think this is the issue to go with. Rohan has a lot of sympathy, and rightly so, so this could turn on us very quickly.

We'll be wronged again soon enough. Leave it for then I reckon.

I'm content to see their credibility attacked further by the club, and the issue put further under the microscope.

Learn some political tactics.

When your enemy comes at you with a weapon and drops it, you don't pick it up, dust it off and hand it back to them. You point that weapon at them and chase them all the way in to the abyss.

And then watch the media turn against us as a whole and make us look like f***wits to the public for the second time in a few months. They are in a 'mates' business and will not stand by and watch one of their own being taken to task for fear that it could one day be them under the microscope.

Let it lie. To do otherwise would be pointless and stupid.

You seem to think they are invincible and above accountability, I don't.

We'll leave it at that.

You seem to think they are invincible and above accountability, I don't.

We'll leave it at that.

No I don't. I'm just realistic about how the pack behaves.

LT should leave it at that, he has come out of this well. The guys you are complaining about are there to give an opinion and just because it isn't pro North, doesn't mean they owe an apology at all. Otherwise everyone in the media would be apologising for crap every day.

One of the people in particular had a huge vested interest and was attempting to exert far more influence than their media position should've allowed. This wasn't a simple isolated piece of opinion expression and you know it.

AS9 said:
Not sure why you can't just be happy with outcome and let it go. At the end of the day LT's actions snapped someone's ankle.

"Snapped someone's ankle". **** off champ. As Old Skool pointed out Lonergan conveniently walked away without the same suggestion of culpability for an equally damaging result.

We have every right to question why Lindsay was character assassinated for an innocent competitive act and don't require pissants like you coming in to play ethical mediator.

One of the people in particular had a huge vested interest and was attempting to exert far more influence than their media position should've allowed. This wasn't a simple isolated piece of opinion expression and you know it.
You seem to know something I don't because I'm confused by the bolded part? I watched On The Couch and I just saw them do what they are paid to do, give opinions. Yes, you can question them due to the Sydney connections but not sure what you mean by extert far more influence.

What's the apology actually meant to be "sorry for thinking LT should have been rubbed out"?

LT should leave it at that, he has come out of this well. The guys you are complaining about are there to give an opinion and just because it isn't pro North, doesn't mean they owe an apology at all. Otherwise everyone in the media would be apologising for crap every day.
I think justice was served and the support for LT in the media and social networks imo overwhelms the negativity of a select few. Id let it go, the MRP findings have already done enough to detract from the real story, a young mans carreer might be over.

What would it achieve? I could have told yah prior to this Rohan incident that Healy was a ****wit. Nothing much has changed. Therefore I propose we burn an effigy of Healy before the start of the Gold Coast Match. As naturally north once said, "that should set the cat amongst the penguins". :stern look

Really, none of these guys are going to apologize. They get paid to voice there opinions and regardless of how generally shortsighted and crap those opinions may be they are entitled to them. Responsibility of the media is an oxymoron when it comes to football and I'm sure the club feels the same way too.

Move on, we'll just end up being made to look like sooks as the media rally's around itself anyway.

Very well put.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why you can't just be happy with outcome and let it go. At the end of the day LT's actions snapped someone's ankle. The football world now view it as an 'accident' and you can move on.

You're a disgrace. Lindsay's actions did no more towards snapping someone's ankle than Rohan's actions did towards snapping his own ankle. That's the defining aspect of "accident". Cretin.

No, we came out of this smelling like Roses, we've made our point and LT has been vindicated. Dont risk sullying our endeavours as a club this week trying to get a forced apology out of them.

No reason to keep at the w***ers and give them more fuel for the next time, sooner its forgotten about the better.

Lets just move on fellas.
If one of players had copped that injury we wouldnt be happy.

It was an accident and its a free world.

We've had plenty of contact injuries that we've let go as ''shit happens'' and we've had Mattner tunneling Azza, breaking his leg and getting away with it.

We're pretty fair here.

If you ever notice Lindsay after a game, he is limping or at least walking very gingerly. I suspect he suffers from the heavy loads on his feet as it is and he would really struggle playing with screw in studded boots.

If you ever notice Lindsay after a game, he is limping or at least walking very gingerly. I suspect he suffers from the heavy loads on his feet as it is and he would really struggle playing with screw in studded boots.

I have a feeling that you're right. No one enjoys wearing screw ins and they certaintly don't help if you have foot problems

One flaw in his game overshadows the fact that he is a ****ing good footballer.

Showed it again tonight.

Goes when it's his turn, is an outstanding kick of the football in general play, and just works hard.

Well done, LT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back