Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

the other issue here is very alarming....

its round 7 and we are changing rules/rule interpretations during a season?????

What the fuaaaaaaaa.....

It's all about "product" mate.

They would have a price on your soul if they could get their hands on it.

Look for players throwing themselves on the feet of opponents in the next few weeks.

Edited to ensure accuaracy. :thumbsu:
This. Though you forgot to mention J.Selwood.

While fustrated at other rules I could get over them because I didn't think they effected the game all that much, but this is ridiculous. I feel sorry for the players, if they were confused before they must be going crazy at trying to wrap their heads around this one.

In other words the Selwoods and WCE are right.

Lead with your head regardless of being 1st, 2nd to the ball or already being in possession.

What would happen if Joel Selwood leads with his head and breaks Rohan's leg?

Are they both suspended?

1st player to the ball leads head first and slips or cannons or dives into player 2 who makes a conscious decision to remain upright as he cannot get lower than player 1 and then tackle.

I'm just about done.

Yeah, same here.

Somebody needs to man up and tell these ****heads to stop the knee jerk decisions.

6 blokes in Aramini should never have absolute power to change the essence of what is, after all, OUR game.

Coaches association come on down.

I don't understand what the big deal is.

If you deliberately slide in and collect someone below the legs, well isn't that a free anyway? Collecting someone below the knees or above the head is a free and has been for as long as I've been watching the game. All the AFL is doing is telling umps to enforce that rule. Big deal.

All this is entirely different to a player losing their feet and as a result collecting someone below the knees. That's not sliding in, and it is what happened with Thomas/Rohan. No free kick there (against Thomas anyway).

The difficulty is that grey area where the player losing their feet does so in a way that looks like a slide - ie when changing direction sharply so their legs come out from under them. A la Lindsay. The ump might interpret that as a deliberate slide - oh well, there's a grey area in nearly every facet of officiating the game anyway.

What they should have done is go on to say that when you cop a head high tackle cos you go into a slide maneuver to evade a tackle, well that's a legitimate tackle. Rub out deliberate sliding and deliberate ducking in the one foul swoop.

Sheedy gave Robbo a massive bake about this on 360 because Robbo thinks it's absolutely disgusting that 'players can slide in and snap legs in half', mind you it's only happened once that i can remember, and Sheedy baked him because you don't just make rules on the run, you make them with the next 25 years of football in mind. Whats happened with Broughton and Thomas is different to what Brady Rawlings did which is the example. I agree that sliding in knees/feet first ala Goodes is dangerous and clearly if a player slides in like that he has no interest in winning the ball, he just wants to make contact with the opponent, but Thomas' only interest was to win the footy, but unfortunately in a contact sport injuries are going to happen and there can't always be a penalty for it. If a player does his knee because he gets twisted in a tackle do we then ban tackling? This has turned in to an absolute joke over one moment of misfortune. The AFL can't keep making these knee-jerk reactions, its no good for the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, predicted this, whilst we can carp on about the rights and wrongs till the cows come home, ever since LT broke Rohans leg this was always going to happen, LT almost broke a GC kids leg the next week and Dalhuis almost broke a Pies players leg friday night, the game does not need another leg break in this manner, simply stay on your feet in the contest.

Yep, predicted this, whilst we can carp on about the rights and wrongs till the cows come home, ever since LT broke Rohans leg this was always going to happen, LT almost broke a GC kids leg the next week and Dalhuis almost broke a Pies players leg friday night, the game does not need another leg break in this manner, simply stay on your feet in the contest.

Shut up, Robbo :rolleyes:

Almost, almost, almost....

When I heard Robbo still go on about LT's incident on the radio today, I just wanted to punch the car radio in. FFS, get over it you fat blob!
I wouldn't be surprised if one day we find out that Robbo is a cross dressing flog. :stern look

I wouldn't be surprised if one day we find out that Robbo is a cross dressing flog. :stern look

Huh? Is that true? Anyway guys, you might not hear from me for a day or 2. I'm off to Drew Morphetville today to watch the great sire Black Caviar tear Australias best throughbreads a new poo-shoot. And being a learned student of Greek Pathology, the omens have all lined up for Black Caviar to make it 21 straight wins tomorrow. I've had a cool $100 on a boxed trifecta which has Black Caviar, field & field.
And then I'll have the option of whether loading up even further on my GC & GWS not winning a game this year be,t or offsetting that bet. Feel free to PM me any advice.

I'm waiting for the day when putting your knee on someone's shoulder for a speccy becomes illegal for high contact. Potentially you could knock someone out if you hit them in the head or back of the neck.

I heard that and loved it. KB also opened the lines to callers this morning on the subject and all bar one had a huge go at the AFL over this rubbish.

Did you see Robbo's reply : "is that to me" and then sheedy replied " you heard!"

Priceless!

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back