Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

DR baffled. I'm not surprised at all. :stern look

breeno proclaiming WTF. Once again BigFooty shines in imbecilic bliss.

I love this forum. Where reality ends and utopia begins.

Let's prance about holding hands with flowers in our hair as we ignore easy misses from 15 metres out just because Thomas is a favourite player of ours. Endeavour to deflect his short comings by highlighting the inadequacies of others. Embrace mediocrity at the expense of our football club. How dare Scott put the acid test on Lindsey. That ain't a part of coaching. Others have also made glaring mistakes. It just ain't fair. :stern look

Which game this year did we lose because Lindsay missed too many easy shots?

Which member of our leadership group beat his direct opponent on the weekend?

The two guys you are talking about have more tickets than Tom Harley has on himself. Id be cutting them some slack. When LT missed a goal from a dribble kick 10 metres out and it barely scrapes through for a point 21 of his team mates say to themselves are you f***ing serious. Not again. F*****. Meanwhile the oppsition consolidate there lead. By the time all is forgotten and we are over it it happens again. And so on. And so on.

Why should I cut the leadership group some slack. One of the 5 in our leadership group can honestly say they played well on the weekend. If the other 4 do I reckon that would have gone a long way towards us winning don't you think.

Brad probably said something because in a game we lost by 18 points, he missed 2 goals from 20m out straight in front.

Just like the Sydney game last year when were up 4 goals to 0, and he missed from the point of the goalsquare.

It's an issue.

Nothing to worry about here DR, Scott only gave a specific response about LT because the ONC pinheads showed him footage of a LT set shot miss, then asked him a question specifically about LT's misses, not Patch's. If they'd asked him about the impact of Patch's stinker he would have responded accordingly, but they didn't.

"At the moment he's missing too many easy shots. There will come a point where Lindsay's value doesn't warrant being in the side. At the moment I still believe it does. There is no doubt that those misses on the weekend were demoralising to the rest of the team, now he's got to get over his mental demons or he'll be out."

He was very specific on this point. Not quite as pointed as as his ill-disguised contempt for Gerard's company-view of guys who attack the ball like Ziebs, but close enough.

Brad probably said something because in a game we lost by 18 points, he missed 2 goals from 20m out straight in front.

Just like the Sydney game last year when were up 4 goals to 0, and he missed from the point of the goalsquare.

It's an issue.

So if he kicks straight we lose by 8 points.

We lost that game because a lot of other blokes besides Lindsay could not give a rat's arse.

I love it how our loss on the weekend has come down to Lindsay's two miss shots and Liam Anthony. :rolleyes:

Why should I cut the leadership group some slack. One of the 5 in our leadership group can honestly say they played well on the weekend. If the other 4 do I reckon that would have gone a long way towards us winning don't you think.

Don't get me wrong I have admired Lindsay this year with his overall effort, but unfortunately for him NMFC are at a stage where they are reviewing the ins and outs of eachothers undies so therefore the heat is on everyone at North and we are looking for reasons as to why we have not improved like we all expected too. He is still in the ones. Gotta stop making excuses and improve. Simple as that and yes the leadership are to blame as well. I don't think there is 1 player in the side that is not under the pump at moment. Only one way out and that's to play team footy.

Lindsays misses of regulation shots needs to be addressed.

Lindsay is still easily a best 22 player even with his missed shots.

The only time his place in the side will come under scrutiny is when we have a player delivering as much and converting with better accuracy.

The only time his place in the side will come under scrutiny is when we have a player delivering as much and converting with better accuracy.

It's still a balancing act overall. If LT gets on the end on 6 scoring chains and kicks 2.4, do we accept that in place on a player getting on the end of just 4 chains and kicking 3.1? There will come a time, particularly if those easy misses are taking a toll on the team.

Overall though I'm surprised LT singled out. He has been good this year.

LT kicked 3 goals 2 on the weekend ad yes one miss was a howler but he did slot 2 pearlers too. He is our best forward at the moment and considering the delivery into our forward line by the mids the amount of ball and opportunities he is getting has been fantastic. If only the mids could do their jobs his misses wouldn't be so crucial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please explain to me why the coach made a comment about LT during the week? I am absolutely baffled and what also baffles me is that it has got the haters out in full force again when they have largely been shut up for the first 7 rounds. Are they just to stupid that they continue to ignore what goes on in games because if they actually had any idea then they might be bogging down to some humble pie?

These are the stats that Lindsay have increased this year compared to last:

Kicks by 1.9
Handballs by 1.8
Disposals by 3.6
Marks by 0.7
Goals by 0.6
Accuracy by 22%
Frees for 0.2

Stats that have decreased:
Behinds by 0.8
Tackles by 0.1
Frees against by 0.4

Paints a pretty big picture to me I reckon.

DR answer is Brad fed the cretin that asked the question a line. It was almost verbatim a question that was asked last year, and the response was almost exactly the same.

Brad also pointed out he kicked goals on the weekend.

Personally I think we should endeavour to get the ball to LT as much as possible as the misses are just above the shoulders. More shots under pressure more times he kicks closer we get to it being no issue at all.

Bit of a storm in a tea cup here fellas.

Scott's comments in context were run of the mill stuff.

LT is best 22 and his form overall for the start of the season has been red hot.

But realistically, if he goes back to "that" we can't carry him.

The Adams hater at it again. Haters gonna hate. Adams has played half the amount of games as Thomas has and is ten times harder than what Thomas was at 50 games.

Brad said that when the negatives out weigh the positives he will be dropped. For the first time in his career the positives are greater than his negatives. BUT as Brad said the time will come, if he keeps costing us games, he will have to make way for someone else.

On the weekend, I'm pretty sure his set shot miss was a 2 goal turn around as the doggies took the ball straight down for a goal from the kick off. There is no doubt this has an effect on some players, rightly or wrongly. But the thoughts of, why am I busting a gut in the back half/mid field only to see the bloody forwards f*** up time and time again, could have gone through some of the players minds.

Can someone please explain to me why the coach made a comment about LT during the week? I am absolutely baffled and what also baffles me is that it has got the haters out in full force again when they have largely been shut up for the first 7 rounds. Are they just to stupid that they continue to ignore what goes on in games because if they actually had any idea then they might be bogging down to some humble pie?

These are the stats that Lindsay have increased this year compared to last:

Kicks by 1.9
Handballs by 1.8
Disposals by 3.6
Marks by 0.7
Goals by 0.6
Accuracy by 22%
Frees for 0.2

Stats that have decreased:
Behinds by 0.8
Tackles by 0.1
Frees against by 0.4

Paints a pretty big picture to me I reckon.

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I've been racially verified playing tennis. Does it extend to aussie rules? You wouldn't have thought so.

I've been a constant whinger in the past, but,

I can't believe there are criticisms of Lindsay Thomas. He misses goals he should kick, we all know that, but last week he kicked 3.2. And set up 2 others, with beautiful vision. His tackling, chasing and forward pressure in general would be leading the competition. Maybe if the other forwards did their bit we wouldn't harp on it so much.

I can't believe there are criticisms of Lindsay Thomas. He misses goals he should kick, we all know that, but last week he kicked 3.2. And set up 2 others, with beautiful vision. His tackling, chasing and forward pressure in general would be leading the competition. Maybe if the other forwards did their bit we wouldn't harp on it so much.

:thumbsu:

200 million :thumbsu:'s

The Adams hater at it again. Haters gonna hate. Adams has played half the amount of games as Thomas has and is ten times harder than what Thomas was at 50 games.

Brad said that when the negatives out weigh the positives he will be dropped. For the first time in his career the positives are greater than his negatives. BUT as Brad said the time will come, if he keeps costing us games, he will have to make way for someone else.

On the weekend, I'm pretty sure his set shot miss was a 2 goal turn around as the doggies took the ball straight down for a goal from the kick off. There is no doubt this has an effect on some players, rightly or wrongly. But the thoughts of, why am I busting a gut in the back half/mid field only to see the bloody forwards f*** up time and time again, could have gone through some of the players minds.

I am a big Adams fan but he has been very ordinary up forward of late.

The leadership group consisting of:
Boomer: Tagged out of another game by Picken and did nothing but sook
Drew: Poor start to the year and another who can miss easy shots at goal
Spits: 1 goal 4 behinds for the year
Wells: Also tagged out of the game

If you ask me it should be Lindsay upset with the leadership group because most of them probably couldn't even look him in the eye on the weekend and say that they played better than he did.

Have to say I can't argue with your logic here DR. I think Thomas suffers from the fact that his mistakes are so obvious. The other guys are getting away with not doing anything while Thomas is being crucified for doing something wrong. It's a cruel world.

:thumbsu: 200 million and 1 :thumbsu:.

Also if there are guys upset on the team about his misses, harden the f*** up.

The leadership group consisting of:
Boomer: Tagged out of another game by Picken and did nothing but sook
Drew: Poor start to the year and another who can miss easy shots at goal
Spits: 1 goal 4 behinds for the year
Wells: Also tagged out of the game

If you ask me it should be Lindsay upset with the leadership group because most of them probably couldn't even look him in the eye on the weekend and say that they played better than he did.

Good post DR. Our "Leaders" are kiddin' themselves to be bagging LT.
Throw JZ in there also.

Because he was asked directly about it? What was he supposed to do say "Yeah, nah. Lets talk about Harps instead, dont mention LT"?

LT has been great this year, but its no secret that him missing shots dead in front 20m out shouldnt be happening for a top level footballer, should get those 99 times out of a hundred with the 100th being due to a sudden wind gust or seagull flying into the ball.

Alot of footy 'experts' have mentioned those kind of misses are disheartening, Brad was asked specifically about it and he admitted it was disheartening.

THATS why he commented on it.

Lindsay is in no trouble of getting dropped for any of his other stats, hes been absolutely sublime this year. But if you have a small forward thats costing you goals on a regular basis that a 2 yr old could kick, it needs to be addressed.

I dont see him being dropped anytime soon, Brad just gave them a line to shut them up, and it worked, he also piggy backed it with praise for LTs work ethic and his other areas. But id be lieing if I said I didnt want to put a remote through my screen seeing him miss the unmissable.

This thread nearly slid right past me.

I agree with the O.P though, it's not just shots for goal that cost you, it's shanks all across the ground, and there have been plenty guilty of that so far this year.

To single out Thomas is strange, but hopefully it was just a clear show of frustration, straight after such a disappointing loss, with Thomas' blunders fresh in his mind, making him the unlucky target.

About all I've got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back