Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. Its clear Brad has had an honest chat with leadership group this week and I wouldn't be surprised if Boomer, Drew, Spits and Wellsy said they are over his misses, LAs soft efforts just like last year when they were over Lachie Hansen. It's clear there has been some honest talking during week. Players just looked fed up on the weekend. And rightly so. It has to be fixed or your out. Simple as that. Also wouldn't be surprised if Scott got told to toughen up from the board either. All this is guess work, but reading between the lines we have drawn a line in the sand.

There could have been open forum for the group......but to say the older lads or the leadership group has had a pow wow. Thats just wrong in my opinion. Those players you've mention minus Spitta have had their colors lowered in recent weeks. So to say theyve have a gut full is wrong.

Theyre a team!! they as a collective got pants last week.....cant blame LT.

:thumbsu: 200 million and 1 :thumbsu:.

Also if there are guys upset on the team about his misses, harden the f*** up.

It essentially involves deferring to mental weakness to condemn mental weakness. So, yeah, I'm not a huge fan.

Can someone please explain to me why the coach made a comment about LT during the week? I am absolutely baffled and what also baffles me is that it has got the haters out in full force again when they have largely been shut up for the first 7 rounds. Are they just to stupid that they continue to ignore what goes on in games because if they actually had any idea then they might be bogging down to some humble pie?

These are the stats that Lindsay have increased this year compared to last:

Kicks by 1.9
Handballs by 1.8
Disposals by 3.6
Marks by 0.7
Goals by 0.6
Accuracy by 22%
Frees for 0.2

Stats that have decreased:
Behinds by 0.8
Tackles by 0.1
Frees against by 0.4

Paints a pretty big picture to me I reckon.

They don't call you a BigFooty legend for nothing.:thumbsu:

You can't measure the intangibles and as such I would go with this stat:

How many more games would we have won if he had kicked the goals that 99% of small forwards would have kicked in the history of the game?

I can think of 2 already.

We would have beaten Essendon had he kicked a regulation goal from 20m out. Lt didnt score from memory. And then there was last week where who knows what momentum he killed through being shithouse when we really needed him to be clinical.

He is having a good to very good year and I hope he can kick the goals we expect him to kick. nothing more nothing less.

People can complain about problems but what are the realistic solutions?

I watch the VFL matches and I can tell you that there is no one in the VFL that is capable of taking Lindsays place and doing a better job.

It's the same as the dream team posse constantly complaining about anything less that 85% disposal efficiency. We do not have 5 Darren Jarmans running around in the VFL.

I watch the VFL matches and I can tell you that there is no one in the VFL that is capable of taking Lindsays place and doing a better job.

It's the same as the dream team posse constantly complaining about anything less that 85% disposal efficiency. We do not have 5 Darren Jarmans running around in the VFL.

The solution as I see it is play him at AFL level, funnel as many shots on goal as we can through him.

More shots on goal more practice in pressure situations the closer we get to the yips being gone.

He needs to believe he deserves to be out there and that with the entire team and supporter base riding his kicks he will make them.

Alternate solutions waste his talent. He will miss some he will kick others I accept this, TBH I find it more annoying when senior players miss simple shots, we know LT has issues what is their reasons for missing.

Couldn't agree more. I'm pro-Lindsay and sure my heart sinks whenever he misses a soda but Brad is dreaming if he thinks he can replace LT with a better small forward option.

There isn't one at the moment. Matty doesn't get enough of the ball, Speighty is gradually fading from view. Blacky is such a different player it would be a total forward line revamp. Who else is there?

If it was up to me I'd tell Lindsay to kick the ****ing ball as hard as he ****ing-well can every time, especially when he's in front of goal. All his big stuff ups are when he's finessing the footy.

Over to the skills coach. C'mon who are you?

LT has done plenty this year and still desirves his spot in the team ...so far.

But ... there is no arguement he has set shot issues, so rather than just saying get over it or dump him im going to try suggest options to help this.

Why not try either the Buddy arc to keep the ball over his left leg all through the approach and stop it drifting over right knee, or the Stevie J play on kick across the body. Neither a technically perfect but if it works it works and i really think the Stevie J would feel more natural for Lindsay.

2 other quick notes,

id like to see Lindsay play for less frees going for marks and hold his feet better in a marking contest.

LT accuracy 2012 - 60%
Buddy accuracy 2012 - 38%

kangatime 2 . 6
Artichoke 7
Chadwiko 12 . 21
Lindsay Thomas 14.9
brucespringsteen 18
BlueandWhiteElf 24 . 29
Ohhh Errol 25 . 21
TennisPlayerAndy 26 . 29
jacko57 27 . 16
Dan 27 . 20
DarkPhoenix 27 . 27
Roodav 27 . 33
True North 28 . 32
boat 28 . 35
dibikins 28 . 39
muttley45 29 . 49
DarwinRoo 30 . 25
Josh Barnstable 31 .19
BowWow1978 31 . 29
Private Hudson 31 . 35
Woodson 32 . 20
stoja 32 . 27
deano28 33 . 29
Kimbo 33 . 33
Walshie 33 . 34
EnglishKangaFan 33 . 43
A Swallow 34 . 23
Bigeasy 34 . 29
B Tron 34 . 32
marklovesbeer 35 . 17
Kcrack 35. 20
ShinbonerBaz 37 . 22
Joshen 37 . 32
Yianni 38 . 39
TheKanga 39 . 19
spurs 40
naturally north 40
boomerforbrownlow 42 . 31
jlind78 42 . 41
Twinkletoes 44 . 25
roobear 45 . 35
Steveodore 45 . 29
ArchKing Carey 46 . 23
Old Skool 47 . 26
dan j 50 . 23
Zondor :69
The Chiefton 104

Lindsay currently has a goal-behind ratio of 60%

A Swallow's guess has got the right mix so far.

Followed by:
jacko57 (63%), Dan (57%), Josh Barnstable (62%), Woodson (62%), ShinbonerBax (63%), and boomerforbrownlow (58%)

LT will line up for his 100 senior game for North Melbourne on the weekend against the Lions. It's hard to think of a more infuriating player to reach the 100 game mark for the club but overall he should be congratulated for turning himself from a diving, lazy and opportunistic small forward into a hungry and driven AFL player.

Cure those yips soon LT and your next 100 games will see you become one of the best small to medium forwards this club has seen.:thumbsu:

The nice irony of LT making himself a model of consistently working hard when things aren't falling your way shouldn't be lost on his teammates. Late draft pick, whipping boy, put under as much media and crowd pressure as any player, and he keeps on trying. Has won us more than one game and has plenty of highlights to go with the lowlights, but is probably at his peak so far - look forward to seeing where he takes it from here, especially if he gets more support on field. Congratulations, Lindsay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The nice irony of LT making himself a model of consistently working hard when things aren't falling your way shouldn't be lost on his teammates. Late draft pick, whipping boy, put under as much media and crowd pressure as any player, and he keeps on trying. Has won us more than one game and has plenty of highlights to go with the lowlights, but is probably at his peak so far - look forward to seeing where he takes it from here, especially if he gets more support on field. Congratulations, Lindsay.

Save for from some Morissettesque license with the word "irony", that's a good call, Hearts.

Congrats, Linds. :thumbsu:

He's certainly worked his ring off to get there, after an auspicious start, and an inauspicious period inbetween (to say the least). All the best to LT this week. I hope his attack on the footy and the man continues to make us gasp and to inspire his teammates to greater heights.

Congrats LT.:thumbsu:

You're playing great footy in 2012, keep it up.:thumbsu:

Congrats LT 100 games for anyone is a amazing effort, but from a guy take with pick 57, I reckon it's extra special.

And should anyone in years to come google NMFC leading goal kickers your name will always be there along with (ATM) 41 other North footballers, some handy names ya keeping company with as well. Blight, Carey, Spencer etc

Is arguably having his best season to date.

All the best to him this week. Hope he tears them apart.

Seems more fitter and more urgent. :thumbsu: Go for goal little fella.. screw trying to play cute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back