Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I've removed about three pages of posts.

Please do not use this thread to speculate about Oliver's private life – medical or otherwise.

Regardless of the veracity of your rumour, or what you know/have heard, if it's not public knowledge, just don't post it.

I don't want to turn this place into Demonland, but if you can't see the potential harm that this sort of rumour-spreading can cause (regardless of your intentions), then perhaps it's best if you take a bit of a break.

Thanks.

Oliver's not the only bloke we've had a chat to or thought about trading due to bad habits recently. Every club has these issues. I've had melts, laughs and in-between about the lack of professionalism over the past several years. I'm fully aware the club has cultural issues. Mainly stemming from a coach who has addictions himself he can't seem to shake. These don't get exposed so much when winning. But I'm sure as the tumble down the ladder happens, so will the stories that will come out.

But melting over a random saying someone who looks like Oliver was bending windscreen wipers? Cmon. Even if it was him, we've all done dumb s* in our youth. Who hasn't stolen a sign in their time or kicked over a neighbours pot plant? Hardly worth melting over. He's probably a flog. He's not the only one on our list who is, or the only one doing drugs.

The arrogance of this club to take on Bennel or Hunter when half the general public knew of their issues is astounding. But hardly surprising when we have a coach doing the same s* as these blokes. Clearly a big broom needs to sweep through the place and this trading period sounds like a massive missed opportunity. Several players left, and one wants to go partly due to our culture. I'm not going to melt over an alleged bending of windscreen wipers, but I think bare minimum it's time we cut our losses with the coach. Point fingers at leadership. They set the tone.

He's in his mid 20s, not 18. Who the **** goes around bending people's windscreen wipers at that age?

He's in his mid 20s, not 18. Who the * goes around bending people's windscreen wipers at that age?
He's also not an 18 year old from the housing commissions he's been in an AFL system making millions for a while now. Embarassing

Pretty funny the club consulted Garry Lyon when Oliver was on the trade table. How many times has he stuck his nose in to the detriment of the club? Can we just make it a policy to do the opposite of whatever he says.

Pretty funny the club consulted Garry Lyon when Oliver was on the trade table. How many times has he stuck his nose in to the detriment of the club? Can we just make it a policy to do the opposite of whatever he says.

So true 😂

They asked him to speak to Clayton and remind him why he should make it work at Melbourne.

The absolute relish with which almost every poster here has stuck the boot into every crevice over the last 24 hours is stunning.

Consulting a guy who f* his best mates mrs and claims depression due to his own habits and moronic behaviour shows how clueless and void of leadership this club actually is. A broom needs to sweep through the leaders of the club before the playing list.

They asked him to speak to Clayton and remind him why he should make it work at Melbourne.

The absolute relish with which almost every poster here has stuck the boot into every crevice over the last 24 hours is stunning.
Relax. Just laughing at an observation I found amusing.

I think people have a right to vent. So much hard work went into the club getting out of a hole and into a strong position and now it feels like it is all deteriorating immediately after tasting success.

So you're guessing. It was an absolute nothing Story. I laughed out loud when I read it. Hardly worth a melt

There's a difference between blind guessing and drawing a conclusion based on available evidence. What do you want, a court trial?

Also, feel free to point out the part where I melted about it. I'll wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a difference between blind guessing and drawing a conclusion based on available evidence. What do you want, a court trial?

Also, feel free to point out the part where I melted about it. I'll wait.
I never said you were melting. Just pointing others are. Probably the same guys who thought Hunters ice bender which resulted in several cars being written off was funny.

Slobbo's article is the tip of the iceberg(pun intended). But to throw in a random thing about bent windscreen wipers from a 'local resident' is the usual s* that he dribbles. No issues with the rest of the article. The club needs an intervention. It's quickly become the WCE of the early 2000s. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than just Petty who wants to GTFO next year. The coach has to go before the clubs in freefall.

Really don’t get why people don’t trust journalists in footy but believe everything footy clubs say. One of those two lies much more then the other and it isn’t the journos.
The AFL industry as a whole are worse than politicians. It's more AFL House than clubs. The AFL control the media and pay-offs and generally make the decisions. I'll be shocked if they don't step in here. We're spiralling

Really don’t get why people don’t trust journalists in footy but believe everything footy clubs say.

It isn't hard to work out.

Blindly support the club coz its your own club. Sort of like parents who refuse to believe their precious little angel kids ever do anything wrong.

If we were any other club right now the same people defending us and calling it fake news would be the ones laughing at the self destruction and believing every word journo's write.

How are people still arguing this? Getting to the point where the mods need to ban the brainwashed ones.

Real life Oliver supporters meetings

homer simpson episode 13 GIF
bart simpson episode 13 GIF

correct. so basically the same winning % as our normal home and away season. I just proved it was a myth.

Epic, so you're essentially agreeing that "the best player to ever pull on a dees jumper" makes no difference to results. Glad we have another 7 years of that at over a milly a season.

If Oliver can't clean up his act, a midseason trade period would be a massive help to us moving him on. Think it would be much easier to convince a team to take him on and get some decent value for him if they think he could be the difference to them winning a flag that season.

If Oliver can't clean up his act, a midseason trade period would be a massive help to us moving him on. Think it would be much easier to convince a team to take him on and get some decent value for him if they think he could be the difference to them winning a flag that season.

We'd have to offer to pay at least half his contract to even get a look in as it currently stands. That 7 year deal is poison.

How come Clayton doesn't get the mental health defence that every other footy player gets when they screw up?

Ripping off windscreen wipers? He's plainly on the spectrum.

Last edited:
Kid just needs some weed when he's got idle hands. AFL is ****ed. Guys like Oliver are absolute ****ing peanuts, it's not fair to force them into near year round abstinence from recreational shit. Scrap the non-performance enhancing stuff from testing and steer them all towards shrooms and the odd joint. Let these dudes unwind in healthier ways rather than whatever has a shorter half-life in your system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back