Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Big "LEAVE BRITNEY ONLY" energy going on over at the 'Land with this ALL CAPS thread.

View attachment 2030260

chris crocker crying GIF

Disclaimer: I went there to find any info on Brown potentially playing or not, and came away with this instead. I'm not disappointed.

Was reading this today and cringing so hard. Jesus I hate our fans lol

Was reading this today and cringing so hard. Jesus I hate our fans lol
Every club has them, but not every club has a dedicated echo chamber for boomers like DL lol.

Big "LEAVE BRITNEY ONLY" energy going on over at the 'Land with this ALL CAPS thread.

View attachment 2030260

chris crocker crying GIF

Disclaimer: I went there to find any info on Brown potentially playing or not, and came away with this instead. I'm not disappointed.
One poster in that thread went on about Oliver's celebration after Petty's goal and how important it was for 'team buy in.'

If that's the standard we're setting for Oliver, then he really has sunk to a new low.

One poster in that thread went on about Oliver's celebration after Petty's goal and how important it was for 'team buy in.'

If that's the standard we're setting for Oliver, then he really has sunk to a new low.
Probably celebrating the 45s break between the next bounce so he can walk from a while

Gawn was saying he's actually been playing as the defensive mid in the setups this year to let Trac and Kozzy get off the chain. They made him number 1 banana again against North and he got tagged and imploded lol.

Will be interesting to see if he gets any more of the ball over the coming weeks. The eye test says he's probably in the worst form/touch of his career. Brissys midfield did a number on Ports - I'm afraid what Neale and co will do to Clarry.

55th in the league for average clearances, huge
1st in the league for most meaningless possessions & dumbest frees given away though, pretty good.

It's not about how much ball he gets, he's lost all care for how he uses it playing like a D grade hack. Could give a shit if he only averages 20 disposals if he actually finds a teammate. 30 disposals of him blasting it into the atmosphere means **** all

It feels like the best I can hope for is that another team feel like they can save him and trade some nice picks to get him.

Without knowing the full story, he seems to have put himself in this place and is not showing any leadership in trying to get back to an elite level with his playstyle at the moment.

Barring a club taking a huge risk on Clarry’s contract we’re stuck with him for the foreseeable future.
He’s not going to get fitter playing for Casey and going through the motions. I’d just stick him as sub for a while so we’ve got a midfielder in reserve in case of injury, but mainly so we can actually get a proper look at young players when we bring them in.

Barring a club taking a huge risk on Clarry’s contract we’re stuck with him for the foreseeable future.
He’s not going to get fitter playing for Casey and going through the motions. I’d just stick him as sub for a while so we’ve got a midfielder in reserve in case of injury, but mainly so we can actually get a proper look at young players when we bring them in.
Can't have tubby as sub, won't fit the best and he'll eat everyone's post game sangers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My main frustration/disappointment with this situation is with Goody/the March committee playing him in this clearly underdone state. Let alone picking him with a broken hand earlier in the year.

It shows even the best players can't really impact games if they're unfit. I'd much prefer Woey or others given a chance to show their wares and give Clarry the time to dedicate to his fitness.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They won't ever make him sub, they'll pull the pin on his season before they do that.

Maybe, although given all the talk that he needs structure and discipline in his life you’d think it would be better to keep him around the match day squad. Unless he needs some kind of surgery again.

Maybe, although given all the talk that he needs structure and discipline in his life you’d think it would be better to keep him around the match day squad.
A special bonus being if he was to go off the rails again you might be able to get out of his contract :)

My main frustration/disappointment with this situation is with Goody/the March committee playing him in this clearly underdone state. Let alone picking him with a broken hand earlier in the year.

It shows even the best players can't really impact games if they're unfit. I'd much prefer Woey or others given a chance to show their wares and give Clarry the time to dedicate to his fitness.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Imagine if we'd rotated Brown, Tholstrup, Woey etc through the midfield for the first half of the year while we gave Oliver 12 weeks of the season to get himself fit.

Would have made a big point about setting standards while also potentially finding a young player who could step up.

Trade talk is silly though, he wont be getting traded unless something goes very wrong the clubs hand is forced where they pay a big chunk of it for someone to take him off our hands.. Club isnt getting anything back for him with the money they are paying and the form he is in. All you can do is support him and hope he recaptures some form/fitness/desire to be better. Truth be told I think the game has moved away from this type of midfielder, guys earning 750k+ need to be more than just accumulators, they need to be line breakers and goal kickers, unless he can get 2021 fit and show some explosiveness away from stoppage again this contract will be poison for the remainder of it.

Trade talk is silly though, he wont be getting traded unless something goes very wrong the clubs hand is forced where they pay a big chunk of it for someone to take him off our hands.. Club isnt getting anything back for him with the money they are paying and the form he is in. All you can do is support him and hope he recaptures some form/fitness/desire to be better. Truth be told I think the game has moved away from this type of midfielder, guys earning 750k+ need to be more than just accumulators, they need to be line breakers and goal kickers, unless he can get 2021 fit and show some explosiveness away from stoppage again this contract will be poison for the remainder of it.

According to Jon Ralph the contract is back ended and he will get 1.4m in the final year. Jesus christ 😂

Imagine if we'd rotated Brown, Tholstrup, Woey etc through the midfield for the first half of the year while we gave Oliver 12 weeks of the season to get himself fit.

Would have made a big point about setting standards while also potentially finding a young player who could step up.

It was the usual results driven selfishness from Goodwin refusing to trust any fringe guys that resulted in Oliver being rushed back. You’re spot on that a strong club would have done it, we are not a strong club.

According to Jon Ralph the contract is back ended and he will get 1.4m in the final year. Jesus christ 😂
TBF, cap probably goes up again by then so % of the total would be similar to now?

But yeah, paying 30 year old Oliver that given what we are seeing now seems insane. Like ive said in the trade draft thread, **** paying big bucks for players in free agency this year unless its for someone under 23-24, bring some of our big contracts forward (re: Oliver and Trac) and just try and get as many picks as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back