Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I've removed about three pages of posts.

Please do not use this thread to speculate about Oliver's private life – medical or otherwise.

Regardless of the veracity of your rumour, or what you know/have heard, if it's not public knowledge, just don't post it.

I don't want to turn this place into Demonland, but if you can't see the potential harm that this sort of rumour-spreading can cause (regardless of your intentions), then perhaps it's best if you take a bit of a break.

Thanks.

He was hungry last week against Brisbane and we smacked them in clearance, this week he was awful and we got smacked. Not a coincidence imo, we need him switched on to carry us in that department.
Yep. I see that to.

It does look like he is having struggles to switch on for matches. Some less struggle than most.

Maybe its about the Coach, that the message is not getting thru to the players, as it did once.

All the while, we just waltz past all our window time, as they play Tiddle E Winks.

He has been better than Oli, this season. overall. I would say he's higher in the coaches votes.
That post was me trying to meet Dan somewhere in the middle

Common sense was not applicable

No lone solider but a genuine disgrace today from a guy earning as much money as he is. I said he was Matt Crouch levels, forget that, Crouch is way better. Just pull the plug on the rest of his season, hopefully he plays up with the time off and we can get out of his contract somehow.

Anyone else embarrassed to be a Melbourne supporter when you read stuff like this from our very own nuffy supporter base..

Never seen a player get babied this much.

Anyone else embarrassed to be a Melbourne supporter when you read stuff like this from our very own nuffy supporter base..

80% of our fanbase would glady take a golden shower from Clayton. I was reading demonland last night and the delusion over there is incredible, got some that call him out but the dumbass defenders far outweigh the objective fans. The Goody defenders calling anyone gutless for slagging him off after a loss like yesterday just as ******ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just sucks what's happened to him and how he has dragged the whole team down with him. Wagyu steak to mutton in 12 months. It's the lack of effort that is real alarm bells, he doesn't give a shit half the time.
100%, I could forgive any lack of fitness if you saw a genuine effort in regards to defensive positioning and trying to tackle but he doesnt give a shit about that. On top of that he gives away selfish stupid frees coz he's pissed off that someone isn't letting him get some easy touches. Absolute embarrassment from a guy who should be a leader given what you're paying him and his age.

The way he is sluggish to react, seems slightly dazed and stacked on weight reminds me of a friend of mine that was on some hefty meds. Seeing Max and others attend press conference and help it out. The club might be trying to support him but if he's not up to it then time to support him in VFL. Hope he can get back to his best.

People are waaayy too harsh on Clarry. Who else wouldn’t love to be getting $1m+ per year for being fat and shit?
And its actually far closer to 2m than 1m, mind blowing that we have fans happy to accept this standard of play from a guy being paid what he is.

And its actually far closer to 2m than 1m, mind blowing that we have fans happy to accept this standard of play from a guy being paid what he is.
Can't blame him though. Club should have known what they were getting into with that contract.

I deleted my instagram a few weeks back.

I only went on it in the first place in about 2018 or 19. I forget which. I didn’t know what to do with it so spent the afternoon going on a spree of following Melbourne players.

This year it is spamming me daily with Clarry content of Clayton having fun with teammates, Clayton holding babies, Clayton holding an Auskick masterclass with 10yos (who kick better than him) and painting some splatter representation of him in the GF 2021.

If this wasn’t bad enough, I’m getting weird alerts which reveal themselves as Jordan Lewis in his new role as a male model. That platform is so bizarre.

Mind you, I did enjoy watching Jay Lockhart having weekly BBQs with people I don’t know and never will.

I mean, they did publicly release they were considering trading him?

I don’t think they ever seriously entertained the idea, they just wanted to put a rocket up him. These behaviour rumours have been around for years yet we signed him to a monster contract in 2022.

Club should have known what they were getting into with that contract.
Absolutely, morons for giving him such a long term deal given what they knew about behind the scenes, he was never going to justify that contract, if he somehow managed to keep it together and perform at his 2021 best for the next 7 years it was a breakeven. The fact they didnt put any obvious clauses in his deal is mind blowing.

The lack of effort and professionalism when youre getting paid more than you have at any time throughout your career is on Oliver though, hes absolutely scammed the club. This up there with some of the great crypto pump and dumps.

Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back