Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I've removed about three pages of posts.

Please do not use this thread to speculate about Oliver's private life – medical or otherwise.

Regardless of the veracity of your rumour, or what you know/have heard, if it's not public knowledge, just don't post it.

I don't want to turn this place into Demonland, but if you can't see the potential harm that this sort of rumour-spreading can cause (regardless of your intentions), then perhaps it's best if you take a bit of a break.

Thanks.

I don’t think they ever seriously entertained the idea, they just wanted to put a rocket up him. These behaviour rumours have been around for years yet we signed him to a monster contract in 2022.
Goodwin said after the trade period he never considered trading Oliver. It was an empty threat.

Ashley & Martin?
Who knows? I didn’t spend too much time studying stuff like “we were thrilled to have Jordan stop by at random winery. Jordan is wearing a cotton / Daylesford Alpaca blend jacket in deep charcoal and suede casual loafers in eucalyptus bark tan’.

****ing weird.

80% of our fanbase would glady take a golden shower from Clayton. I was reading demonland last night and the delusion over there is incredible, got some that call him out but the dumbass defenders far outweigh the objective fans. The Goody defenders calling anyone gutless for slagging him off after a loss like yesterday just as ******ed.
Lmao even suggesting that Trac is the better player than Oliver is enough to get absolutely destroyed on that site.

I don’t think they ever seriously entertained the idea, they just wanted to put a rocket up him. These behaviour rumours have been around for years yet we signed him to a monster contract in 2022.

So did they baby him or put a rocket up him?

Goodwin said after the trade period he never considered trading Oliver. It was an empty threat.

Of course he said that once trade period is over.

Sits right alongside 'full support of the board' and 'waiting until the end of the season to sort the contract out'.

I agree with everyone's take on this.

The hefty contract, the piss poor and lazy game day performance on top of the observation that every week he seems to look more like my hero in Derek Kickett each week with his weight gain. He looked horrible yesterday and it showed when guys like Serong, Brayshaw and Young were simply just burning him off with ease.

I know there has been talk of recent about Brayshaw but after seeing his ridiculous work rate yesterday id be happy if the Club could somehow orchestrate a deal that involves shipping Oliver out and getting Brayshaw in.

Of course he said that once trade period is over.

Sits right alongside 'full support of the board' and 'waiting until the end of the season to sort the contract out'.
Do you think we actually entertained offers? All the reporting around it was a shape up or ship out message. The only way Oliver was leaving was if he actually requested a trade.

I agree with everyone's take on this.

The hefty contract, the piss poor and lazy game day performance on top of the observation that every week he seems to look more like my hero in Derek Kickett each week with his weight gain. He looked horrible yesterday and it showed when guys like Serong, Brayshaw and Young were simply just burning him off with ease.

I know there has been talk of recent about Brayshaw but after seeing his ridiculous work rate yesterday id be happy if the Club could somehow orchestrate a deal that involves shipping Oliver out and getting Brayshaw in.
Hes not even the good fat like Byron & Kickett where their weight was a weapon, hes Nick Stevens & Lance Whitnall fat.

Do you think we actually entertained offers? All the reporting around it was a shape up or ship out message. The only way Oliver was leaving was if he actually requested a trade.

I have no idea, neither do you. Just find it funny everyone believes these things when it suits them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when Jack Watts came back lazy one preseason (not as bad or off the rails as Oliver) and Goody pretty much had him out the door at the end of that season. Or even when Ben Kennedy lied about an injury and was delisted by the end of the year

Insane double standard on Oliver

Start of the second quarter he was on the pine for a good 5 mins. I reckon it was a msg from goody and he was sooking it up
Starting on the bench in the second quarter is a bit different to starting the game on the bench, lol McClure. Of course he wouldnt understand the difference.

Starting on the bench in the second quarter is a bit different to starting the game on the bench, lol McClure. Of course he wouldnt understand the difference.

Am I journo now? 5 seconds of research and there's Oliver standing next to Fyfe at the opening bounce.

Screenshot_20240722_063122_Watch AFL.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back