Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

We have gone from being Hawthorns trading bitches to ports.
We've sort of sold them a lemon in the JHF trade though. they're out of the first round for two years, for a guy carrying a weird medical condition that'll see him sidelined for most of next year, and potentially hampered for the rest of his career.

It is can be when you remove the actual context. All players finish their careers, you were always going to be right eventually.
Let’s put it this way I was the only person vehemently against this trade prior to it happening due to all the reasons he failed including being too outside, one way runner, foot issues etc

Let’s put it this way I was the only person vehemently against this trade prior to it happening due to all the reasons he failed including being too outside, one way runner, foot issues etc
You'd have taken him for a 2nd rounder mate. How good is the search function

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I think you are confusing me with someone who cares enough that we delisted polec. He was cooked. You established quite early on you didn't like him. This is obviously quite a proud moment for you, enjoy it.
The search function suggests over time you were quite the Polec fan and felt the need to pipe up often whenever I had a go at him

Nah, there were plenty of people on here that weren’t happy with the Polec trade…but it wouldn’t be like you to exaggerate would it?

The search function suggests over time you were quite the Polec fan and felt the need to pipe up often whenever I had a go at him
Yeah mate, I thought fully fit he offered quite a bit and I think many would have agreed. But I have no issues with him being chopped now. It's funny you going back to 2019 instead of earlier this year when I said I was happy to see him go

Last edited:
Edmund trying to suggest other clubs should feel aggrieved because we delisted Polec, a contracted player, because we had the assistance package bringing in players lol. We delisted him and rookied him two years ago, he was on thin ice, what a load of spin.

Edmund trying to suggest other clubs should feel aggrieved because we delisted Polec, a contracted player, because we had the assistance package bringing in players lol. We delisted him and rookied him two years ago, he was on thin ice, what a load of spin.
Not to mention Edmund's angle being "they got this assistance package and are paying out polec"

I'd love to know what one has to do with the other.

Not to mention Edmund's angle being "they got this assistance package and are paying out polec"

I'd love to know what one has to do with the other.
Yeah I wasn't listening that closely but I just thought he was trying to make something out of nothing.
All the media said Polec was a flop and a failure anyway. I don't see any logic in just keeping a player who is not in our window just because he's contracted. Especially when he's played barely any games. He's not the first player to be delisted and still be payed.
I cannot wait till West Coast and Hawks start asking for assistance packages. I'm looking forward to the media spin being "it's the right thing to do, they need help" and "delisting that contracted player, what a bold move by them, they're prioritising the youth".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back