AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL website listed him as injured towards the end, hopefully just a knock (he copped a few of them tonight)
Rutten didn't mention anything about him being injured in the post match, so I'm assuming he's okay. He did get his nose wacked by Bailey Williams, so it's possible the injury the AFL website is talking about is that.

Rutten didn't mention anything about him being injured in the post match, so I'm assuming he's okay. He did get his nose wacked by Bailey Williams, so it's possible the injury the AFL website is talking about is that.
fingers crossed - he probably gets the match up vs Dusty. Can't think of a better option for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy used to get Injured looking at a contest from ten Meters away, now he's getting smashed from pillar to post each week and going in for more.

It's a Christmas miracle

Or maybe the penny dropped that his career was almost over and he busted his gut out on his strength and conditioning? He genuinely looks to be a very different physical specimen this year. Either way agree it's a miracle and loving it

BrunoV you were right mate.

Naah, won't claim I could see this coming, not in defence.

I do think defence has been like a system reset that re-aligned his instincts with his physical ability. Watching Archie play has reminded me quite a bit of 2015 and some big games Laverde played with a similar adult physicality and assured composure.

We could play him forward and I suspect he'd take the game apart and that he'd likely have a similar impact to Stringer in the centre.

He'd be a completely different player now that he's proven to himself that he can dominate the game.

I couldn't believe the number he did on Darling. I can scarcely remember complete ownership of a gun forward by a defender that was on display last night. It wasn't even a favourable matchup. Laverde is a bit more explosive but Darling just as strong but a better endurance athlete. I thought it might have been a bit of a stretch that finally exposed my man.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Back