AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

I've watched footy for 27 years. That might be the single worst performance I've ever seen from an individual.

There were at least 6 (six) instances of directly contributing to Freo’s effort in a way that not even a Freo player could achieve.

Giving away 50 pretending not to know where the mark is or not hear the umpire is Grade 4 stuff from a professional.

Only point is that he is preferable to Heppell still.

Looks like he thought he had to cover the bloke running behind him too, then saw too late that we had that guy covered and lost his own man.
He got lost. You don't cover the wider shorter option and give up the deeper option in the corridor. You give up the short and make them take the extra disposal.

Really wonder what has happened to Lav. Just looks lost all the time and does dumb things. Needs a few weeks in the vfl. Maybe move him forward in the twos or something!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine liability at the moment.

Positioning is poor, unable to defend without infracting and giving away a free kick, disposal and decision making needs work.

Should be moved back to the VFL but probably we can't drop him.
It's hard to believe Hayes or Weideman would've been any worse had they played yesterday.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Laverde gets dropped, I just can't see it happening.

I've watched footy for 27 years. That might be the single worst performance I've ever seen from an individual.
Not even close but it was horrible.

Look I'd never question his heart but he just struggles being undersized when forced to play tall like he has to every week in our backline. We need to sort it, if Reids body can't be trusted we go shopping in October. Barrass first port of call.

Totally agree. The trying his heart out thing (which is 100% accurate) can only take you so far. He’s just not that good at footy - and not that switched on.

With Reid, we have to treat any future seasons like he won’t be playing - and any games he does are a bonus.

Look I'd never question his heart but he just struggles being undersized when forced to play tall like he has to every week in our backline. We need to sort it, if Reids body can't be trusted we go shopping in October. Barrass first port of call.
Barrass will turn 30 next year. That's the kind of absurd short term moves Essendon has been making for 20 odd years. Filling gaps with veterans gets you nowhere. It just keeps Essendon awful.
But ZReid at 205 cm is no solution either.
We need to draft a contest winning chb and keep building.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Back