Past #15: Nick Dal Santo - 62 NM/322 AFL games - delisted by NM end '16 - retired from AFL Nov '16

Remove this Banner Ad

Your petulance has been first class to read this past week.

and it hasn't even been hard work, back in the early days on bigfooty when there were no club boards my petulance was used on those who supported all the other teams that are sh.t, now I just get to come in here and enjoy my time with my fellow North fans.

but on a bright note, I have been won over and I am happy to have NDS join our great club, at the right price, so some in here should be extremely proud of their persuasive skills.

How much did Goddard cost Essendon in the way of picks?

**** me I'd rather not have him if we lose Delaney and our second. Two seconds, a black and Basti...or a cam Richardson and urquart? Trade our second by all means, IF it means we get one back for Luke.

Why not go after Goddard instead of Dal Santo.

and it hasn't even been hard work, back in the early days on bigfooty when there were no club boards my petulance was used on those who supported all the other teams that are sh.t, now I just get to come in here and enjoy my time with my fellow North fans.

but on a bright note, I have been won over and I am happy to have NDS join our great club, at the right price, so some in here should be extremely proud of their persuasive skills.

© Jordan Byrne

On the flip side, would you trade Koby Stevens and Gerrick Weedon (who?) for NDS for 2-4 yrs? Which is basically the 2 picks that West Coast had around that region.

There's no guarantee we would get Busta and Black types for those two picks.

I'd back our recruiters, well, that is with fresh draft targets. Don't want another Cam Richardson shocker. Who said he was going to be better than Isaac Smith? :p

[NDS], The three-time All-Australian this morning said although he was contracted at St Kilda for next season, he would understand if he was traded in next month's exchange period.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/st...in-new-direction/story-fnfll94y-1226717530847
How do you get to be a free agent when you are contracted?
He has got a clause in his contract that if St Kilda want to trade him it's ok by him. He's on the look which is ok for him to do. But can only be traded to the choice of club that he wants to go to. He's a restricted Free Agent meaning he's contracted.

So if our club believes we can get a second rounder for Delaney, then 2x second round picks for NDS for 2ish years? Either the talent in the draft pool drops off to chasm-like levels after the first round or that doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

If the talent pool is good would you swap Black and Bastinac for 2ish years of NDS?

Ask Melbourne how much of a good idea it is to rely on good draft picks.

The draft will get you so far, rookies will get you a bit further in the journey, trading helps just as much.

You have to give something to get something.

Ask Melbourne how much of a good idea it is to rely on good draft picks.

The draft will get you so far, rookies will get you a bit further in the journey, trading helps just as much.

You have to give something to get something.

Are you seriously comparing us to Melbourne? :p

That's a silly thing to say. Not really.

That's also a silly thing to say. Not really. Thompson is better in this role without question. Many could argue Grima is better in this role. The match committee preferred Firito more than Delaney in this role against Collingwood (although I know what rationalisation you'll give to this)

I'm all in favour of criticism where it's warranted, but yours just lacks any credibility.

I wouldn't feed that to my dog.

Didnt say he wasnt, but he ISNT a full-back in the traditional sense. Grima is a flanker as is Hansen, thats why he plays as a loose man without an opponent. The match committee had its hands tied.

In your opinion.

You're a dog owner, that sums it up really!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt say he wasnt, but he ISNT a full-back in the traditional sense. Grima is a flanker as is Hansen, thats why he plays as a loose man without an opponent. The match committee had its hands tied.

In your opinion.

F***en hilarious, you lose all credibility with such a dumbarse comment, but yeah f***en hilarious.

In your opinion.

Yep, anybody less than 200cm is definitely a flanker. I remember when we had a 192cm Wayne Carey playing CHF, gee that was a bad time! Match committee totally had its hands tied.

May or may not have been sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

In your opinion.

Wow man. Keep up the great work! :thumbsu:

He wants to stay at St Kilda and do we really want Dal Santo? I think our midfield is pretty well sorted out. Our biggest worry is CHB, when Grima retires and we have Cam Delaney. He's going to be a ball tearer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #15: Nick Dal Santo - 62 NM/322 AFL games - delisted by NM end '16 - retired from AFL Nov '16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back