Past #15: Nick Dal Santo - 62 NM/322 AFL games - delisted by NM end '16 - retired from AFL Nov '16

Remove this Banner Ad

I realise that. He still doesn't produce enough for the club to have confidence in him. Why are we trying to get Betts? How will he get back in the side if we do?

I don't know but to be honest if a player who is almost 6'3 with his build and speed is playing in a FP in 3 years (still 23 mind you) I'd be disappointed.
Obviously had a tough year, but he could yet be a barnstorming midfielder.

I realise that. He still doesn't produce enough for the club to have confidence in him. Why are we trying to get Betts? How will he get back in the side if we do?

The club gave him a contract extension while he was having an ebb in form.

That is confidence.

Nah I don't think you have enough young players in your best 22. There's no way the likes of Wells, Boomer, Petrie will be locks. You've even got Swallow on the bench... no way the Captain will get a game ahead of all our young superstars

I've taken the liberty of fixing your team for you...

FB: C.Delaney ---Kennedy--- Mullet
HB: Wright --- Bruce --- Docherty
C: McDonald ---- Jacobs ---- McKenzie
HF: Wood ----- Currie ----- Garner
FF: Harper ----- Daw ----- Curran
R: Garlett (R) -- Greenwood --- Anthony
I/C - 3rd round pick, 4th round pick, 5th round pick, 2nd rookie selection

Sent from my Samsung iPhone using Tapatalk 4

Sorry, I don't look at birth certificates when selecting my favoured team.

It's a bit of a jigsaw, assume we win the clearance and dish it out, do you want the pill in Sam Gibson (box hill captain courageous) or McKenzie? Conversely, if we lose the clearance, and need to lay a tackle, I'm taking Garner or Harper over JMac and Gibbo.

You make baseless comments - essentially pulling nonsense out of your chrum, our older players have proven over and over that THEY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Have you an original thought of your own?

These "kids" are just better. Certainly McKenzie/Garner/McDonald are by any definition.

Depends how much the contract is. 150-200k x 2 possibly. Possible trade bait if we sign Betts. Doesn't seem like a bloke that wants to play ressies. Smart decision by the club in my eyes.

I have full confidence that the contract would be at a level that would have incentive to stay and ability to be interpreted as showing faith that the poor form would pass.

As for actual figures of contracts the reality is that in most cases on Bigfooty the person quoting contract figures is guessing.

Unless of course Joyce or Lewis read this and then by all means explain how our cap is spent.

Sorry, I don't look at birth certificates when selecting my favoured team.

It's a bit of a jigsaw, assume we win the clearance and dish it out, do you want the pill in Sam Gibson (box hill captain courageous) or McKenzie? Conversely, if we lose the clearance, and need to lay a tackle, I'm taking Garner or Harper over JMac and Gibbo.

You make baseless comments - essentially pulling nonsense out of your chrum, our older players have proven over and over that THEY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Have you an original thought of your own?

These "kids" are just better. Certainly McKenzie/Garner/McDonald are by any definition.

If I speak nonsense, I don't even know what to label your insightful posts...

Serious question for you, would you prefer 1 quarter from McKenzie over 4 quarters from Gibson?
Similarly, would you prefer 1 quarter from Daw over 4 quarters from Tarrant?
Collectively I think Majak, McKenzie and Garner have probably played 5 full games between them

What exactly have McKenzie/Garner/Harper/Daw done to prove they are superior to Gibson/Adams/JMac/Tarrant?

Tarrant is important to the structure of our forward line. He takes a quality defender away from the contest because the opposition knows what he is capable of. Even replacing him with Majak changes the way the ball is entered inside 50.

Depends how much the contract is. 150-200k x 2 possibly. Possible trade bait if we sign Betts. Doesn't seem like a bloke that wants to play ressies. Smart decision by the club in my eyes.

Harper is at the moment a required player at North as long as he wants to be there

I don't know but to be honest if a player who is almost 6'3 with his build and speed is playing in a FP in 3 years (still 23 mind you) I'd be disappointed.

Wtf?o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we get Dal Santo, we win a flag.. simple as that.

Nope.

Couldn't do it with the Saints - with a team that included a fully fit and firing Riewoldt, Hayes, Goddard, Montagner, Fisher, Milne etc he didn't get them over the line.

The rest of our best 21 would still need a heap of improvement as well - Dal Santo is the icing, the cake is the thing that wins us a flag.

If we get NDS, I'll be trolling through my posts to prove that I called it first. I'll then be bumping every thread in which I called it. Daily.

All this whether it's true or not.

I have a fairly modestly lengthed poinswatter (although it is nice and thin, and I don't hear the ladies complaining about that). Self-bumps are one of the myriad ways I make amends.

I've gone really cold on NDS again, I have watched a few of the North v Saints games again over the last week, and he is the biggest front runner going around. obviously that will all change if he ends up at North.;)

Well when you're in a team like St. Kilda it's harder to dominate, especially when you're first in line for the tagger every week. Teams can't tag Wells, Harvey AND Dal Santo, he'd get off the leash most weeks.

I've gone really cold on NDS again, I have watched a few of the North v Saints games again over the last week, and he is the biggest front runner going around. obviously that will all change if he ends up at North.;)

It was fairly well discussed and acknowledged that Nicky Dal requires a fresh pair of underpants at the mere sight of Levi Greenwood. Hopefully he overcomes this medical condition when Levi is a team mate. Otherwise the Utah trip could become a little awkward.

FB: Firrito, Thompson, Hine
Loose: Hansen
HB: Mullett, Grima, Atley
C: Bastinac, Wells, DalSanto
HF: Tarrant, Black
F: Betts, Petrie, Thomas
Foll: Goldstien, Ziebull, Cunnington

i/c: Harvey, Adams, Jmac, Gibson

This leaves the group of
BMac, Currie, Jacobs, Wright, Harper, Greenwood, Garner, Delaney, Daw, McMahon
to push damn hard to force others to perform

and
LMac*, Curran, Wood, Wilkins, Mabon, Garlett*, Impey*
to focus on development

FB: Firrito, Thompson, Hine
Loose: Hansen
HB: Mullett, Grima, Atley
C: Bastinac, Wells, DalSanto
HF: Tarrant, Black
F: Betts, Petrie, Thomas
Foll: Goldstien, Ziebull, Cunnington

i/c: Harvey, Adams, Jmac, Gibson

This leaves the group of
BMac, Currie, Jacobs, Wright, Harper, Greenwood, Garner, Delaney, Daw, McMahon
to push damn hard to force others to perform

and
LMac*, Curran, Wood, Wilkins, Mabon, Garlett*, Impey*
to focus on development

if we get Betts, I am pretty certain LT will play more a HF role, :D with two talls on the forward line.

if we get Betts, I am pretty certain LT will play more a HF role, :D with two talls on the forward line.

Would have swapped Blacky and LT places just thought it handy to have 1 of the talls pressing up for transition and kickouts with Goldy and 1 staying home.

Either way i see Tarrant, Black, Petrie, LT, Betts as a pretty scary forward line

Yep, Harps is the next Wayne Carey! Lol, classic:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #15: Nick Dal Santo - 62 NM/322 AFL games - delisted by NM end '16 - retired from AFL Nov '16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back