Past #15: Nick Dal Santo - 62 NM/322 AFL games - delisted by NM end '16 - retired from AFL Nov '16

Remove this Banner Ad

Question is Jack
Is why are you 195cm in the books I have read,but 170cm in the movie?
Because he is not what he seems...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dal Santo would be lucky to be best 22 after the rubbish he has served up most of the last two years seeking cheap kicks out the back.

Hayes (I respect highly) and Montagna still get the first tags being better players, and this "star" still struggles to impact a game.

I have started to really come around to the Betts idea with Thomas playing tall (as usual), but don't see it with Dal Santo at all. Just like Goddard, quality disposal but VERY overrated players.

Dal Santo would be lucky to be best 22 after the rubbish he has served up most of the last two years seeking cheap kicks out the back.

Hayes (I respect highly) and Montagna still get the first tags being better players, and this "star" still struggles to impact a game.

I have started to really come around to the Betts idea with Thomas playing tall (as usual), but don't see it with Dal Santo at all. Just like Goddard, quality disposal but VERY overrated players.

That sounds very much like an old friend of mine;)lol

Lol

Easily best 22. Not sure you've seen him play. Is pretty tough at it and can play inside and out. A lot like Bastinac with his evasiveness in traffic. Would also be our 2nd best tackling mid.

Player is a skilful left footer so must be a soft front-runner.

Lol

Easily best 22. Not sure you've seen him play. Is pretty tough at it and can play inside and out. A lot like Bastinac with his evasiveness in traffic. Would also be our 2nd best tackling mid.

Player is a skilful left footer so must be a soft front-runner.

Agreed mate. I rate NDS very highly. Skilful ball user, can win his own footy, experienced, good under pressure, and he's been doing it for 10 years in a very good team.

Some people just can't see past certain biases when it comes to rating players. If you put NDS in our team for round 1 next year, we start to look a whole lot stronger.

Hope he comes to North, we are going to do some damage next year and especially if he's in the team!

Hope he comes to North, we are going to do some damage next year and especially if he's in the team!

more then happy to walk into 2014 with this team,

FB: Hansen, Grima, Atley
HB: McDonald, Thompson, Mullett
C: McKenzie, Cunnington, Wells
HF: Bastinac, Petrie, Harvey
FF: Tarrant, Black, Thomas
R: Goldstein, Swallow, Ziebell
Bench: Harper, Gibson, MacMillan, Jacobs

Emg: Delaney, Garner, Adams, Daw, Wright, Anthony, Greenwood, Firrito, Hine, McMahon, Sierakowski
patience guys patience, 2014 will be our break out year.​

If I speak nonsense, I don't even know what to label your insightful posts...

Serious question for you, would you prefer 1 quarter from McKenzie over 4 quarters from Gibson?
Similarly, would you prefer 1 quarter from Daw over 4 quarters from Tarrant?
Collectively I think Majak, McKenzie and Garner have probably played 5 full games between them

What exactly have McKenzie/Garner/Harper/Daw done to prove they are superior to Gibson/Adams/JMac/Tarrant?

They haven't consistently failed to become better then good ordinary players in 5+ years on the list.
They don't have weapons, they are slow, they provide next to no physicality (Adams ex).

I just think it's time to move on.

Gibbo is stiff, but he wouldn't get a game for any of the top 4 teams, so how are we possibly going to become a top 4 team with players who wouldn't make existing top 4 teams?

Adams was shitful this year.
Tarrant was poor when it counted.
Gibbo was ok, but no better than ok.
And Jmac came good once the pressure was off... Prior to that, shithouse.

I would take 8-10 McKenzie possessions over 25 12m sideways kicks from Gibbo. I personally think Tarrant and Petrie are too slow for the same forward line, Adams is a warrior but was truly awful this year when we needed him to stand up.

We need tackling machines in Garner & Harper. We need outside class of McKenzie and we need a chop out for Goldy - if not these blokes, Who makes way?

They haven't consistently failed to become better then good ordinary players in 5+ years on the list.
They don't have weapons, they are slow, they provide next to no physicality (Adams ex).

I just think it's time to move on.

Gibbo is stiff, but he wouldn't get a game for any of the top 4 teams, so how are we possibly going to become a top 4 team with players who wouldn't make existing top 4 teams?

Adams was shitful this year.
Tarrant was poor when it counted.
Gibbo was ok, but no better than ok.
And Jmac came good once the pressure was off... Prior to that, shithouse.

I would take 8-10 McKenzie possessions over 25 12m sideways kicks from Gibbo. I personally think Tarrant and Petrie are too slow for the same forward line, Adams is a warrior but was truly awful this year when we needed him to stand up.

We need tackling machines in Garner & Harper. We need outside class of McKenzie and we need a chop out for Goldy - if not these blokes, Who makes way?

I fundamentally disagree with almost everything you said so I won't bother trying to change your mind on every point. What I will say is that if we play Garner, Harper, Daw, McKenzie, McDonald, Cam Delaney, Greenwood, Mullett and Black in the same team, we will not make the finals. That's 9 players with an average of 18 games played (including a fair few sub affected games). I rate many of those players as future stars, but they have to earn their spot and with the exception of Mullett and Black, they haven't done that yet.

P.S. Don't throw out Gibbo on the basis that he wouldn't get a game for any of the top 4 teams and then name Levi Greenwood... it makes you look silly

Getting a bloke like Dal Santo into our midfield rotations could allow Wells to spend a bit more time in the forward half.

Think about that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #15: Nick Dal Santo - 62 NM/322 AFL games - delisted by NM end '16 - retired from AFL Nov '16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back