Past #15: Nick Dal Santo - 62 NM/322 AFL games - delisted by NM end '16 - retired from AFL Nov '16

Remove this Banner Ad

nds.jpg

They are pretty good:thumbsu:

Age needs to be looked at in a different light with FA's. your not going to get a 24 yr old free agent. The minimum would be 26, the max 33 say. Therefor Dal is about middle of the road.

Free agent and we get saints 3rd for Luke . :thumbsu:

Free agent and we get their compensation pick for Keys...everyone's a winner : Zondor stern look

Does Luke even want to go to the Saints? I'm sure there will be other suitors, its not over the line yet.

He wants to stay at St Kilda and do we really want Dal Santo? I think our midfield is pretty well sorted out. Our biggest worry is CHB, when Grima retires and we have Cam Delaney. He's going to be a ball tearer.

If talk has gone on behind the scenes this is just Posturing.

Remember how Scully/Ablett wanted to stay at their clubs? That worked out well didn't it.

What does this mean for the likes of Gibson, Bastinac and Atley? If we land him, I would set up our midfield as such for Round 1 next season:

C: Nick Dal Santo - Ben Cunnington - Ryan Bastinac
FOL: Todd Goldstein - Jack Ziebell - Daniel Wells

Up on the half forward flanks I have Boomer and Patch, while off half back I see Mullett and McDonald.

That is assuming Swallow misses the first few weeks or so due to his Achilles. Does getting Dal Santo push back Atley's progession into the midfield by a couple of years? Do we see Bastinac playing forward more often to fit Swallow back in when fit? Could Gibson become a bit of a super-sub for us? I rate him definitely in the best 22.

Maybe we could even play NDS off of half-back? It is still up in the air as to whether we will see him in the blue and white in 2014 and beyond, but I sincerely hope we do as he is a quality player with sublime skills and will help our premiership push, but gee it does make the midfield dynamics interesting.

At full-strength, I have McKenzie, Jacobs, Wright, Harper and Greenwood (if he stays) as depth midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Jmac Thompson Hansen
HB: Mullet Grima McDonald
C: Atley Cunners Dal Santo
HF: Harvey Taz Wells
FF: Black Petrie Thomas
R: Goldy Swallow Ziebell

I: Bastinac McKenzie Adams
Sub: The winner out of: Garner, Gibson, Greenwood, Harper, Jacobs, Wright, Hine, Wood.

So no Dal Santo will not stop a Bastinac or an Atley developing. But he will stop a Jacobs or a Gibson from senior regular footy.

Sub: The winner out of: Garner, Gibson, Greenwood, Harper, Jacobs, Wright, Hine, Wood.

So no Dal Santo will not stop a Bastinac or an Atley developing. But he will stop a Jacobs or a Gibson from senior regular footy.

How good is that team, I got a woody

Nice team. Thanks for posting it.

Can someone who regularly watches the 2's tell me if McDonald is really physically mature enough to play Round 1. Would hate to do damage by going too early. It's hopefully a long career and its often seen that clubs go too early with high pick recruits.

Gibson is a lock in the side.

Yep. He ain't got x-factor but he's a bloody machine and an important player nowadays. And he's improving.

Anyway, we shouldn't get fixated on who gets pushed out when we bring in a class player. Those annoying things called injuries and the MRP will make sure more than just 22 will play plenty. Best to look at things in terms of our best 26 players who can rotate through the side. Depthhhhh is good. And just hope it doesn't end up being 36 who have to run out......in Steve Saunders we trust (but not bloody Kevin Bartlett and his MRP mob).

Can someone who regularly watches the 2's tell me if McDonald is really physically mature enough to play Round 1. Would hate to do damage by going too early. It's hopefully a long career and its often seen that clubs go too early with high pick recruits.

One of, if not Werribee's best player in the finals. He's ready, although id be surprised if he last the whole season without a rest. Without injuries i think he'll be good for 15 games.

If North made a play for H.Shaw / J.Bruce or Docherty. would they be inline for Jmac's spot?

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #15: Nick Dal Santo - 62 NM/322 AFL games - delisted by NM end '16 - retired from AFL Nov '16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back