Past #16: Leigh Brown - 68 games for FFC - sent to NM 02 - 113 NM games - delisted end '08 - 63 CFC games

Remove this Banner Ad

Leigh will come good have faith, Liked his first half of the season when he was left in one position for longer than 30 seconds. JUST PUT HIM SOMEWHERE FFS AND LEAVE HIM THERE!

Yep - with Thommo & Brown up forward next year, it'll be like the old days with Carey & Corey - Twin Towers Time!

mmm they dominated against Freo together in the pre-season cup

maybe this combo will bring the best out of brownie, cause he was bloody amazing that game

Leigh will come good have faith, Liked his first half of the season when he was left in one position for longer than 30 seconds. JUST PUT HIM SOMEWHERE FFS AND LEAVE HIM THERE!

Western Bulldogs would be a good place to leave him...

and they say a week in footy is a long time... what the hell do you call five years... remember his first game was a ripper...:D:D

From today's Australian:
"The Kangaroos are also prepared to trade key-position player Leigh Brown. But, like Melbourne's exit strategy for 2005 best-and-fairest winner Travis Johnstone, they have had no takers.

Brown, a former Fremantle player who came to Arden Street at the end of 2002 in a multi-club deal in which Byron Pickett was traded to Port Adelaide, played 22 games this year.

But the 25-year-old was not selected for the Roos' last two finals matches, against Hawthorn and Port Adelaide, after a six-possession effort in the first week of the finals against Geelong.

Brown has played 172 senior games and is contracted to the Kangaroos for 2008."

No currency for Brown?

The only teams likely to show interest are those desparate for talls. Look for Brown to go toward the end of the week if a club like the Bulldogs can't get the talls they want.

i still believe he has something to offer to the club. Although he is going to have to pull a massive pre season out of the hat and work on some extensive fitness inhancements.

big bodied blokes like him dont fall from trees just needs to take another step. or else he's gone.

The key to trading him may be in his contract. He has 1 more year left, so we might be asked to pay some of his salary next year. I don't like those kinds of arrangements, and would prefer to keep him on his last chance rather than pay someone to play for another team.

What are the chances of a straight swap then, Brown for Johnstone?

They can take a useless KP and we can take a useless midfielder. It will definitely work in both teams favour.

Definately. Absolutely. I'll drive them both to their new clubs.

Trav is a moron, but he can hurt a side more in a quarter than Leigh Brown has since 1999.

I don't think we'll delist him if we can't get a good trade (that is, we won't trade him just for the sake of clearing space on our list). Last chance for him then over the pre-season, which might not be a bad scenario for us.

I was a little surprised that no-one is interested in Johnstone. He has lost some currency, but I thought he still be good enough for a late first rounder / second rounder in this draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the chances of a straight swap then, Brown for Johnstone?

They can take a useless KP and we can take a useless midfielder. It will definitely work in both teams favour.

I don't want Johnstone.

If TJ comes in, a player like Lower loses his spot in the starting 22.

The key to trading him may be in his contract. He has 1 more year left, so we might be asked to pay some of his salary next year. I don't like those kinds of arrangements, and would prefer to keep him on his last chance rather than pay someone to play for another team.

Good point. And I'm sure whoever he might go to wouldn't put their hand up to pay him the same as we are, so we'd have to pay the rest and include that in our cap.

What's Power's contract situation? Perhaps we could scratch each other's backs with existing contracts if he has another year.

Brown's contract, I am told, was a mil over three - get that in perspective - $350k a year.

Brown's contract, I am told, was a mil over three - get that in perspective - $350k a year.

That seals it then. Brown is going nowhere. A club can say they will pay him $80k a year for example, which means we would have to pay the remaining $270k, and include that in our salary cap.

He needs to simply train hard over summer and prove us all wrong.

I am sure it was reported as a two year deal. Can't see him being on that much.

I am sure it was reported as a two year deal. Can't see him being on that much.

It surprised me but the info is from a reliable source. Depends how much Laidley wants him out what sort of deal we do in terms of contract top up.

I thought he signed a new 2 year deal at the end of last year? Like I said in another post, I'd rather keep him as an insurance than pay him to play for the Bulldogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #16: Leigh Brown - 68 games for FFC - sent to NM 02 - 113 NM games - delisted end '08 - 63 CFC games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back