Past #16: Leigh Brown - 68 games for FFC - sent to NM 02 - 113 NM games - delisted end '08 - 63 CFC games

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown must go, but has anyone thought about how a guy can be considered good enough to play virtually every game for the season, and all of a sudden he's out for the finals, and his place is taken by a 3 gamer that looks like a paperclip. The coaching staff have stuffed it up big time, they could have been getting games into Hansen a lot earlier and gone into 2008 with 15-20 games under his belt.

Even after Laidley supposedly said that he had played his last match after the Geelong came, i cant help but feel he could have been the clinical difference that was required.

Gibson, Watt played terribly, and with Firrito under and injury cloud going into the game Brown had a strong case to start in the defence again, in fact, the whole backline failed to function and i cant help but think that Brown must of had a positive affect on the outcome.

This once again shows Laidleys Stubborness, he is a very overated coach i feel, and someone who will never deliver ultimate success.

:thumbsu:
Even after Laidley supposedly said that he had played his last match after the Geelong came, i cant help but feel he could have been the clinical difference that was required.

Gibson, Watt played terribly, and with Firrito under and injury cloud going into the game Brown had a strong case to start in the defence again, in fact, the whole backline failed to function and i cant help but think that Brown must of had a positive affect on the outcome.

This once again shows Laidleys Stubborness, he is a very overated coach i feel, and someone who will never deliver ultimate success.

With all respect, the consensus on here was that Watt played well, escpecially considering how often it was coming down there.

As for Brown, he played far more games this season than he should have. He should be thankful for that. On the plus side for him, I think he would make an outstanding addition to the Dogs playing list. :thumbsu:

I doubt Carey would have a difference to the result.

It is an old BF Roos board tradition to dissect a loss looking for any scraps evidence to prove that the coach is hopeless, but I must admit I never thought I'd see the day where not selecting Leigh Brown was one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glass and Scarlett wouldn't have made much difference with the way it was coming in all day.

Yeah, but how would Leigh Brown have gone, Dish ?

Honestly, FFS, we could have played Jesus Christ himself in Brownie's patented 'Floating Decoy' role (whatever the hell that is....anyone figure it out, PM me), and we still would have copped a shellacking.

Leigh Brown, you reckon, Shane ? Well, I would go into more detail on why that is possibly the most ridiculous call I have ever read on BF, but unfortunately, a poster is only allowed to insert a maximum of 7 rolling eyes emoticons per post.

Needless to say, in an environment where craps threads are an everyday occurrence, this is noteworthy for its pure, unadulterated lunacy. It is the stuff of pixies and fairies and their good buddies, the elves.

Yeah, but how would Leigh Brown have gone, Dish ?

Honestly, FFS, we could have played Jesus Christ himself in Brownie's patented 'Floating Decoy' role (whatever the hell that is....anyone figure it out, PM me), and we still would have copped a shellacking.

Leigh Brown, you reckon, Shane ? Well, I would go into more detail on why that is possibly the most ridiculous call I have ever read on BF, but unfortunately, a poster is only allowed to insert a maximum of 7 rolling eyes emoticons per post.

Needless to say, in an environment where craps threads are an everyday occurrence, this is noteworthy for its pure, unadulterated lunacy. It is the stuff of pixies and fairies and their good buddies, the elves.
Remember that guy in front of us at the Bulldogs game?

'Oh it's the decoy! He's a ****ing decoy! Oh for **** sake Brown!'

He has been rated this year because he has taken a young team that no one gave any hope to finish higher than 16th to 3rd.

If you think that's a bloke who can't coach you have rocks in your head.

I can count on one hand how many decent games Brown has played this year, but i don't think any of them were in the backline.

If we were to keep brownie do you think we should beef him up over the off season, into a power forward? He used to be big-bad-bustling-leeroy but he's gone the way of a runner since then (which isn't his strong suit) if we played to his original virtue couldn't we instill a little confidence back in this man? Bare in mind this is only if we keep him, and that we need to try something different with him if we do.

Iggy Pop wrote a song about Browny:

am the passenger and I ride and I ride
I ride through the city's backsides
I see the stars come out of the sky
Yeah, the bright and hollow sky
You know it looks so good tonight

I am the passenger
I stay under glass
I look through my window so bright
I see the stars come out tonight
I see the bright and hollow sky
Over the city's ripped backsides
And everything looks good tonight
Singing la la la la la.. lala la la, la la la la.. lala la la etc

Get into the car
We'll be the passenger
We'll ride through the city tonight
We'll see the city's ripped backsides
We'll see the bright and hollow sky
We'll see the stars that shine so bright
Stars made for us tonight

Oh, the passenger
How, how he rides
Oh, the passenger
He rides and he rides
He looks through his window
What does he see?
He sees the sign and hollow sky
He sees the stars come out tonight
He sees the city's ripped backsides
He sees the winding ocean drive
And everything was made for you and me
All of it was made for you and me
'Cause it just belongs to you and me
So let's take a ride and see what's mine
Singing la la la la.. lala la la [x3]

Oh the passenger
He rides and he rides
He sees things from under glass
He looks through his window side
He sees the things that he knows are his
He sees the bright and hollow sky
He sees the city sleep at night
He sees the stars are out tonight
And all of it is yours and mine
And all of it is yours and mine
So let's ride and ride and ride and ride
Oh, oh, Singing la la la la lalalala

I can count on one hand how many decent games Brown has played this year, but i don't think any of them were in the backline.

If we were to keep brownie do you think we should beef him up over the off season, into a power forward? He used to be big-bad-bustling-leeroy but he's gone the way of a runner since then (which isn't his strong suit) if we played to his original virtue couldn't we instill a little confidence back in this man? Bare in mind this is only if we keep him, and that we need to try something different with him if we do.

i could picture him being a bit like big fraser. hes got that same aggressive look in his eye, but just doesnt have the body. they should bulk him up and play him at full forward, put petrie and jones on the half forward like and let hale play defence

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #16: Leigh Brown - 68 games for FFC - sent to NM 02 - 113 NM games - delisted end '08 - 63 CFC games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back