Delisted #17 Will Gould

Remove this Banner Ad

ALYwsQmF.jpg

Will Gould

Player Profile

A hard-running key defender departed South Australian club Glenelg for the Sydney Swans at the 2019 AFL Draft, joining the club via pick 26. Will Gould averaged 21.5 disposals, 4.5 marks and 7.2 rebound 50s per match as South Australia’s captain in the 2019 AFL Under-18 Championships, a glowing campaign resulting in back-to-back All Australian selection. He also averaged 19.7 possessions, 5.2 marks and 6.5 rebound 50s per match for Glenelg in 2019, while he recorded a match-high eight rebound 50s in his side’s SANFL Grand Final victory over Port Adelaide.

Will Gould

DOB: 14 January 2001
DRAFT: 2019
RECRUITED FROM: Glenelg (SANFL)

Last edited:
Will Gould can go in my team of Swans I was waiting to make it for a few years who never did

Currie is the ruckman
Veszpremi
Johnston
dick
lockyer
Sumner
sunqvist etc

Ed Barlow would surely captain that side.

Jed Lamb, Matt Ling, Tim Schmidt and Ryley Stoddart are pushing hard for selection.

seems like a work time exercise, must be a 22 there

It's a shame he didn't make it, but the right decision to cut him. If he hadn't developed professionalism 4 years in when we've got players like Gulden showing the group whats required, it's likely he would have tried coasting and would have been in and out of the side anyway.

Hope he uses the experience to drive himself further and he gets another shot. Some people just take longer to mature and don't really grasp the opportunity in front of them... and then it's gone.

All the best Will.

It's a shame he didn't make it, but the right decision to cut him. If he hadn't developed professionalism 4 years in when we've got players like Gulden showing the group whats required, it's likely he would have tried coasting and would have been in and out of the side anyway.

Hope he uses the experience to drive himself further and he gets another shot. Some people just take longer to mature and don't really grasp the opportunity in front of them... and then it's gone.

All the best Will.

Its very difficult to say had he shown more would we be happier if we managed to get something for him in a trade?

Or was it better to just cut him loose.

Will Gould can go in my team of Swans I was waiting to make it for a few years who never did

Currie is the ruckman
Veszpremi
Johnston
dick
lockyer
Sumner
sunqvist etc
Haha, forgot Veszpremi, Ed Barlow may still be on our rookie list, haven't looked at it in a while.

Gee our first rounders have been putrid!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know what Will is up to? Seemed to be a smashing lad. Hope he's spent his time up here having a blast and has got something good going for the future. SANFL? Was he doing uni part time up here? Sydney Uni would no doubt love to snap him up.

Last edited:
Anyone know what Will is up to? Seemed to smashing lad. Hope he's spent his time up having a blast and has got something good going for the future. SANFL? Was he doing uni part time up here? Sydney Uni would no doubt love to snap him up.

Read somewhere he is back in Adelaide and will play SANFL.

Anyone know what Will is up to? Seemed to smashing lad. Hope he's spent his time up having a blast and has got something good going for the future. SANFL? Was he doing uni part time up here? Sydney Uni would no doubt love to snap him up.
Probably went straight back to the family farm in southeast SA, but would assume he'll end up somewhere in the SANFL (for proximity to family, the farm etc).

Played for Glenelg previously but they just won the flag, so list might be in good shape, and he'd probably go anywhere.

Probably went straight back to the family farm in southeast SA, but would assume he'll end up somewhere in the SANFL (for proximity to family, the farm etc).

Played for Glenelg previously but they just won the flag, so list might be in good shape, and he'd probably go anywhere.
Should be a star in the SANFL.

out of curiosity, I googled salary cap for SANFL. WIll be 210,000 total next season, was 400,00 before covid. Way less than I thought. Average palyer gets 5000. Hope his farm is doing well.

out of curiosity, I googled salary cap for SANFL. WIll be 210,000 total next season, was 400,00 before covid. Way less than I thought. Average palyer gets 5000. Hope his farm is doing well.
He'll probably get a bit more, but not heaps. State league players not on an AFL list have to have separate jobs. Would assume Will will either do that, study, get a little more time to help out the family farm, and you'd hope that he'd have a bit saved from his last 2 years off the draftee salary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back