18 A, Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

it was a real shitty night,

the ground was wet, grass was semi-long and wet, im not sure there was a time the ball wasnt wet.

some players in the western line just couldn't keep their feet, cost us big time.

not to mention riddell had an avg height of about 6ft.

Altona beat Spotty by about 7 goals after being down by 2 goals at half time.

Spotty played a really good first half, but after that seemingly "dropped" there heads...
Altona who played a really poor first half, lifted after the break and played some magnificent footy!!
If spotty can put together 4 qaurters, similar to their first two against Altona...
Then it is a 4 horse race this year;
Hoppers
Altona
Albion
Spotswood
(IN NO ORDER:p:p:p:p)

sooooooo wyndhamvale...

those secret guns...

didn't they play saturday??

ahahaha, na just kiddin. wasn't a bad game, vales have got a solid attitude just maybe not the top line talent?

i also have no doubt in saying that it was the worst umpired game i've ever played in, for both sides. over and over again both teams had no idea who had one a free kick when the whistle was blown. one was a senior, balding, italian/greek? (that sorta heritage) umpire who just had to be over involved in the game. in a game played in terrible conditions (wyndhamvales ground is a disgrace) the ball was in dispute for a large portion of the game and that muppet had to pay a free kick every 5 seconds. the other umpire was a first year kid wearing the green kit(14yo i heard) and he was far better than the senior umpire, didnt over umpire it and let game sort itself out a bit. yeh, he made a few mistakes but he was approachable and you could at least ask him about the decision. the older umpire refused conversation and just payed a 50m penalty if any emotion was shown after he blew the whistles (would have been 10 50's for the game i rekon). the bloke was making shocking decisions and then not letting anyone get pissed off. really feel that umpire ruined what could have been a hard, tough game of footy. hoppers have had the kid a couple of times this year and him and mitch child are probably the best umpires we've had. it's no coincedence that both of them are under 20, the game has gone past alot of the old blokes umpiring this comp and it's time more than a few of them hung up the boots. the worst thing about alot of them is they are completely unapproachable, they get a bit of adrenalin pumping, remembering the good old days and they get way to worked up. you can't question a decision in any way to most of them. frustrating

anyone else got an opinion? really not many in this thread anymore

sooooooo wyndhamvale...

those secret guns...

ahahaha, na just kiddin. wasn't a bad game, vales have got a solid attitude just maybe not the top line talent?

i also have no doubt in saying that it was the worst umpired game i've ever played in, for both sides. over and over again both teams had no idea who had one a free kick when the whistle was blown. one was a senior, balding, italian/greek? (that sorta heritage) umpire who just had to be over involved in the game. in a game played in terrible conditions (wyndhamvales ground is a disgrace) the ball was in dispute for a large portion of the game and that muppet had to pay a free kick every 5 seconds. the other umpire was a first year kid wearing the green kit(14yo i heard) and he was far better than the senior umpire, didnt over umpire it and let game sort itself out a bit. yeh, he made a few mistakes but he was approachable and you could at least ask him about the decision. the older umpire refused conversation and just payed a 50m penalty if any emotion was shown after he blew the whistles (would have been 10 50's for the game i rekon). the bloke was making shocking decisions and then not letting anyone get pissed off. really feel that umpire ruined what could have been a hard, tough game of footy. hoppers have had the kid a couple of times this year and him and mitch child are probably the best umpires we've had. it's no coincedence that both of them are under 20, the game has gone past alot of the old blokes umpiring this comp and it's time more than a few of them hung up the boots. the worst thing about alot of them is they are completely unapproachable, they get a bit of adrenalin pumping, remembering the good old days and they get way to worked up. you can't question a decision in any way to most of them. frustrating

yeah mate was a really good game to watch, both teams were really hard at it and i believe it was more of a contest then the scoreboard showed, do you agree? vales dropped off alot in the second half, but i believe they showed potential. They will always compete against other teams and will always put up a fight but will never be top of the ranks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sooooooo wyndhamvale...

those secret guns...

I know the umpire you are talking about so well and i cannot remember his name, he has been around forever and drives every player in the wrfl crazy with his commentating of the game and excessive 50m penalties. In a Willy v Spotty game last season he even jumped on top of two blokes punching on. I also agree that the younger umpires are better and Mitch Child was the best umpire in games that I played in last season.

Of course hoppers were the favourites going in considering they beat spotty by 6 goals last time, but the whole game spotty were in front, never dropped there heads and shut there main players out who dominated last time and that was what won them the game.
A very quality game to watch, did not go past a 10 point lead the whole game and will be very interesting in finals to see who wins.

sooooooo wyndhamvale...

those secret guns...

haha mate we had them hiding, only unleashed a couple last week.
We'll peak in finals trust ;)
Wasn't a bad game though, a lot closer than we thort and agree with the umpiring.
I'm pretty sure that umpires name is Evan. Good bloke, just loves to get involved in the game especially in a bit of a biff from what I've heard :p

haha mate we had them hiding, only unleashed a couple last week.
We'll peak in finals trust ;)
Wasn't a bad game though, a lot closer than we thort and agree with the umpiring.
I'm pretty sure that umpires name is Evan. Good bloke, just loves to get involved in the game especially in a bit of a biff from what I've heard :p

Yes his name is Evan and thanks for that it was driving me crazy not being able to think of it lol. Well done to Spotty but they shouldn't get ahead of themselves after that win, it does however show how even the comp is and anyone of the top few sides could beat anyone on their day.

Yes his name is Evan and thanks for that it was driving me crazy not being able to think of it lol. Well done to Spotty but they shouldn't get ahead of themselves after that win, it does however show how even the comp is and anyone of the top few sides could beat anyone on their day.

No need to worry there thy dukes, its a 4 way comp.

Albion does Hoppers & Altona
Hoppers do Altona & Spotty
Altona do Spotty
Spotty do Hoppers & Albion

Whoever peaks on the day is gonna take home the flag if you ask me.

No need to worry there thy dukes, its a 4 way comp.

Albion does Hoppers & Altona
Hoppers do Altona & Spotty
Altona do Spotty
Spotty do Hoppers & Albion

Whoever peaks on the day is gonna take home the flag if you ask me.

So nobody rates Point Lampi er sorry Cook? (apologies to the Hutcheson brothers) They beat Albion and Vales once!!!

I know im stretching it, just putting it out there, maybe i should put it away. :spade:

So nobody rates Point Lampi er sorry Cook? (apologies to the Hutcheson brothers) They beat Albion and Vales once!!!

I know im stretching it, just putting it out there, maybe i should put it away. :spade:

Sorry to ruin you but Albion had 18 blokes when they played Point Cook, missing there main midfielders. Same againsted Vales and Port Melbourne.
Point Cook will be lucky to have a sniff of finals, Vales will take 5th spot.

Sorry to ruin you but Albion had 18 blokes when they played Point Cook, missing there main midfielders. Same againsted Vales and Port Melbourne.
Point Cook will be lucky to have a sniff of finals, Vales will take 5th spot.

I have been watching most Point Cook games and they will not make finals.

The last 2 times they have played Vales, vales have won quite easily. The first time they played PC won, but either vales have picked up players or have improved remarkable but vales look the better side. Spotty, Altona and Hoppers also beat PC quite comfortable. Not sure what happened with the Albion game but yeah they must have had players out because Albion are quite competitive against the top 3 where PC are not.

Although, they have and will beat Port and Willi.

This years competition is the most feirce for all the teams involved, with the exclusion of Werribee from the WRFL it has evened up this competition, I don't think any team should start thinking they have it in the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back